How to speed up metabolism
The concept of metabolism
Under metabolism understand the process of creation and destruction of organic matter from the time of their admission into the body and to release them into the environment.
Metabolism is usually divided into two groups: in the catabolism of complex organic substances are broken down into simpler, during anabolism (with energy consumption) are formed sugars, proteins, lipids, nucleic acids.
The term "metabolism" of today is closely linked to the concepts of over- or under-weight. Many people suffering from excess body fat, concerned about how to speed up the metabolism of the organism.
To determine the intensity of metabolism specialists carry out tests on the "main exchange" - an indicator of the body's ability to produce energy. The procedure is performed on an empty stomach: dormant data measured oxygen uptake and carbon dioxide evolution. A comparison of these two values to determine how well the body uses substances from food.
On metabolic rate also affect thyroid hormones, so the diagnosis of diseases associated with metabolic disorders, experts tend to measure levels of these hormones in the blood.
How to speed up metabolism and lose weight?
The metabolic rate of the body is often determined by hereditary factors. Each person has their own, individual rate of calorie burning, termed RMR (resting metabolic rate). Despite this "injustice" fact, experts say that there are ways to "force" the metabolism work more actively. At the heart of a fast metabolism is based on three main factors:
- physical activity;
- Muscle load.
It is known that almost all of its energy supply from the food a person receives. In this connection, the regime and the quality of food in the process of metabolism is given the leading role. How to speed up metabolism with the right diet - you ask?
First, go to a fractional (phased) meals 5-6 times a day. This recommendation is related to the feature of our body: frequent meals "start" the metabolism, as the digestion of food spent about 10% of internal resources. Harsh restrictions on food (diet), on the contrary, to adversely affect the rate of metabolism: receiving a signal of the beginning of "hunger", the body goes into "economy mode" and starts to lay power "in reserve".
How to speed up the metabolism in a natural way? Men are not recommended to reduce the intake of calories less than 1600-2000 calories a day for women - adhere indicator 1200-1600 kcal / day.
Products that speed metabolism
In this regard, I would like to announce the list of products that accelerate the metabolism. These include:
- Citrus fruits (lemons, mandarins, oranges), is a natural stimulant of metabolism;
- Green tea - the owner of antioxidants. Drink reduces appetite, improves digestion and lowers cholesterol in the blood;
- dairy. Calcium deficiency contributes to the development of a special hormone - calcitriol, retarding the process of processing and output of fat from the body;
- Coffee. One cup of organic coffee speeds up metabolism by 3-5%;
- Beans. This speeds up the metabolism of the product is rich in minerals, which provide the metabolism insulin-like effect;
- hot peppers;
For people who are in search of an answer to the question "how to speed up metabolism" through nutrition, experts have voiced three main principles:
- Eat every 2-2 5:00 in small portions;
- Avoid high-calorie foods;
- Products that speed metabolism, must be at least 80% of your diet.
How to speed up metabolism and lose weight by exercise
The problem of overweight, as well as slow metabolism, physical activity traditionally solved. The effectiveness of the metabolism are able to provide any physical exercise (aerobics, jogging, walking), performed at least 20-30 minutes a day.
How to speed up the metabolism of women? Research experts proved that the breakdown of fat in the fair sex is faster when performing exercises with low and moderate intensity. In men, the metabolism is accelerated by moderate and high physical exertion.
Keep in mind that muscle cells consume more calories than fat. This fact means that the presence of trained muscles allows you to "burn" more calories throughout the day. Weight Training, aimed at strengthening the muscular system, promote growth and strengthen that positively affects not only the body's endurance, but also on the process of metabolism.
For those who are concerned about the issue of how to speed up the metabolism of your body through exercise, should take into account the important fact that the fat can be processed only if sufficient supply of oxygen. With its lack of glucose metabolism occurs sided with the formation of lactic acid, the excess of which can lead to a feeling of increased fatigue.
According to experts, a set of physical exercises to enhance metabolism should include:
- Aerobic exercise in the open air;
- Strength exercises on different muscle groups.
How to speed up metabolism: other methods
In addition to proper nutrition and regular physical activity, metabolism acceleration, in the opinion of ordinary people and experts contribute to:
- Drinking plenty of fluids. Clean water helps eliminate toxins more intense and the decay products of fat cells from the body;
- Cleansing the liver. Fully work the liver produces enzymes that allow fats to break down complex entering the body with food;
- Massage. Power to the skin improves blood circulation in the tissues, contributing to the local removal of excess fluids and toxins. A similar effect has a sauna, steam room or hot tub;
- cold and hot shower;
- Inner peace. It is proved that stress has an impact on the release of fatty acids, which are redistributed to the circulatory system, are deposited in fat;