The eyelids have not only a function of protecting our body from the rays of the bright sun, contact with eyes, dust, moisture cornea. In addition, they play an important aesthetic role, giving the face an expression of a certain person.
What is blepharoplasty?
The surgery, which is performed during reshaping the eyelids and eye shape, called blepharoplasty or eyelid surgery. Most often, this surgery is done for cosmetic purposes. During the operation, the surgeon removes the excess fat formations and excised skin.
Indications blepharoplasty eyelids
Like any other surgery, blepharoplasty has its indications. These include:
- The sagging of the lower eyelid;
- "Heavy," or thick eyelids;
- Eyelid edema, caused by an excess of subcutaneous fat;
- Violation of the eye contour of the overhang of the skin of the upper eyelid.
According to reviews, blepharoplasty can reliably get rid of the excess fat hernia and skin to eliminate or significantly reduce the age-visible defects, change the shape of the eyes and the shape of the eyelids.
Blepharoplasty is contraindicated in the following diseases:
- Acute or worsening of any chronic disease;
- venereal diseases;
- Any disease of the body;
- Diseases of the blood in violation of its clotting.
Types and techniques of blepharoplasty eyelids
There are various methods of surgical correction form age. Before you make a blepharoplasty, doctor conducts inspection and examination of his patient. Then, on the basis of his individual physiological characteristics and according to the wishes, beautician selects the optimum method of blepharoplasty.
There are currently following blepharoplasty:
- Pie blepharoplasty - this operation includes both the lower and upper eyelids;
- The upper blepharoplasty. During this intervention the physician adjusts the upper eyelid. The cut is carried out with her in the natural crease of the century, making the postoperative scar is almost invisible. Through the incision, the surgeon removes excess fat, tightens the muscles of the century and removes excess skin.
- Lower Blepharoplasty - a correction of the lower eyelid. In this operation, the incision is made under the lash line from outside. But in recent years more and more cosmetic surgeon began to prefer transconjunctival incision performed on the inside of the lower eyelid. By all accounts, the lower eyelid blepharoplasty, performed by this method gives significantly better long-term results.
- Changes in Asian type eye shape. This type of blepharoplasty not only change the shape of the cut eye, but also the correction of the upper eyelid, as well as anti-alias epicanthus.
Make blepharoplasty can simultaneously with some other types of cosmetic operations - circular face lift, implantation of gold threads, endoscopy forehead, etc.
Blepharoplasty age lasts from half to three hours. It can be performed under general or local anesthesia.
Blepharoplasty before and after surgery
Although the correction of the eyelids and is considered a relatively simple operation, it's still a surgical procedure and, therefore, before you decide on it is necessary to undergo a medical examination that would identify possible contraindications to surgery. Usually, doctors recommend to pass blepharoplasty blood count, blood coagulation, make an electrocardiogram and consult a physician.
The postoperative period of blepharoplasty takes usually favorable. The rehabilitation period is rather short and mild. In the first days after the intervention may be a little swelling, pain in the eyes. Often the skin age are dotted hematoma. All these unpleasant symptoms disappear within 7 - 10 days. Accelerate the recovery by using the physiotherapy (microcurrent therapy, lymph drainage massage). And in a week you'll be able to evaluate the result of blepharoplasty - before and after the procedure.
To the result of blepharoplasty is preserved for years to come, it is recommended to use special preparations for contour correction.