Zoloft - synthetic drug used in the treatment of depression and other nervous system diseases.
The active substance has Zoloft antidepressant effect without causing sedation, stimulating or anticholinergic action. The advantage Zoloft Review compared with other antidepressants is that it Propafenone not cause weight gain and drug dependence.
Zoloft release in the dosage form of tablets containing 50 mg (labeled «ZLT-50") and 100 mg (labeled «ZLT-100") sertraline. 14 pieces in blister packs.
Besides producing analogues Zoloft - drugs Aleval, Asentra, Deprefolt, Seralina, Serenata, Serlift, Stimuloton, Torin, and containing the active ingredient sertraline.
Indications for use Zoloft
According to the instructions Zoloft is used to treat:
- Depression different etiology;
- Social phobia;
- Obsessive-compulsive, panic disorder and post-traumatic stress.
Not recommended simultaneous application with pimozide Zoloft and MAO inhibitors. The drug is contraindicated in pregnancy, before the age of 6 years, during lactation, and in case of hypersensitivity to one of the ingredients of Zoloft.
Caution should be used according to instructions in the Zoloft:
- Organic brain disease, including mental retardation;
- Hepatic or renal failure;
- Marked reduction in body weight.
Instructions for use Zoloft
According to the instructions Zoloft is taken once daily in the morning or in the evening. Judging by the reviews, the effectiveness of the drug is independent of food intake.
Treatment of depression and obsessive-compulsive disorder begin with a dose of 50 mg per day, treatment of posttraumatic stress disorder, panic disorder and social phobia - with a lower dose of 25 mg, which can be a week increased by 2 times. This regimen Zoloft Review reduces the incidence of early adverse effects of treatment, which are typical for panic disorders.
Most often, the first positive effect is observed after a week use of the drug, and a steady developing in a few weeks. If necessary to achieve optimum therapeutic effect to take a dose may be increased to 200 mg per day.
The initial daily dose of Zoloft in the treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorder for children aged 6-12 years is 25 mg, and in the age of 13-17 years - 50 mg.
No dosage adjustment elderly and renal impairment is not required, but in the human liver dose of the drug or analogue of Zoloft, it is recommended to reduce.
With an overdose, even at high doses of Zoloft reviews of serious violations does not cause and symptoms of overdose often manifested as increased sweating, drowsiness, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, tachycardia, agitation, diarrhea, myoclonus, psychomotor agitation, and hyperreflexia. However, when taking Zoloft simultaneously with other drugs or alcohol may be severe poisoning, until death or coma.
According to many reviews Zoloft can cause various side effects, which appear as:
- Dry mouth, dyspeptic symptoms, abdominal pain, hepatitis, pancreatitis, jaundice, liver failure and loss of appetite. Much less prolonged use of Zoloft developing asymptomatic increase of transaminase activity in serum;
- Tachycardia, palpitations and hypertension;
- Muscle cramps and arthralgia;
- Paresthesia, extrapyramidal disorder, euphoria, involuntary muscle contractions, syncope, tremor, headache, drowsiness, headache, nightmares;
- Hallucinations, dizziness, insomnia, anxiety, loss of libido, agitation, psychosis and coma;
- Bronchospasm or yawning;
- Menstrual disorders and sexual dysfunction, galactorrhea, gynecomastia, priapism;
- Incontinence or urinary retention;
- Mydriasis, blurred vision, ringing in the ears, periorbital edema;
- Hypothyroidism and hyperprolactinemia;
- Urticaria, pruritus, anaphylactoid reactions, angioedema, face edema;
- Alopecia, skin redness or "tides" of blood to the face, purpura, photosensitivity reaction, increased sweating;
- Peripheral edema, decrease or weight gain, fatigue, increased cholesterol levels in serum.
Zoloft belongs to the prescription drug list B. The recommended shelf life of the manufacturer of tablets - 5 years.