Vesicare - a drug that reduces the tone of smooth muscles in the urinary tract.
The pharmacological action of Vesicare
The drug is spazmalitikom. The main active substance - solifenacin that is recognized by a specific competitive inhibitor of muscarinic holinoretseptov in most of the M3 subtype. Vesicare no analogues, because its main operating unit has no or very low affinity to other receptors or ion channels.
The efficacy of the drug at the indicated doses (5 or 10 mg) with overactive bladder syndrome can occur as early as the first week of treatment. Finally stabilized condition already during the remaining 12 weeks.
After 4 weeks, the maximum effect may occur Vesicare, reviews patients taking this medicine to confirm this.
The effectiveness of treatment is maintained for a long time, often less than 12 months.
Issued pills Vesicare 5 or 10 mg. Each tablet form coated biconvex pale yellow shell logo marked thereon producer. Drugs are packaged in special blisters, which is 10 tablets. Blisters, in turn, to 1 or 3 pieces are in a carton. Each pack Vesicare attached abstract. The manufacturer of the drug is a firm "Astellas Pharma", located in the Netherlands.
Pharmacies Vesicare is released only by prescription.
According to the instructions, Vesicare is used to:
- treatment and prevention of complications in urgent or imperative urinary incontinence in both men and women;
- urgent treatment / urgency, which are characteristic of a large number of patients suffering from overactive bladder syndrome;
- eliminate the symptoms of frequent urination.
Applications For Vesicare notes that the drug is contraindicated in:
- Severe gastro-intestinal diseases (toxic megacolon is also included in this list);
- Urinary retention;
- Angle-closure glaucoma;
- Severe or moderate hepatic or renal insufficiency, subject to the simultaneous use of inhibitors of CYP3A4 (eg, ketoconazole);
- Hypersensitivity to any component of the formulation.
It is forbidden to take the drug and close any content analogue Vesicare young children.
It is strictly forbidden to take the drug to patients with rare disorders portability enough galactose, glucose-galactose malabsorption, glucose deficiency Saami, which are often inherited.
Enough care doctors prescribe Vesicare people:
- with severe renal or moderate hepatic impairment;
- lowering the risk of gastrointestinal motility;
- with clinically significant bladder obstruction of the holes, which can lead to urinary retention;
- with obstructive gastrointestinal diseases;
- simultaneously with drugs which may enhance or induce esophagitis;
- with gastroesophageal reflyusom or hernia, located on the hiatal;
- with autonomic neuropathy.
Do not take Vesicare if pregnancy and lactation, as there is no reliable information on how it affects the child's body.
Instructions Vesicare: methods of use
Vesicare tablets indicated for oral administration once daily 5 mg. Use of the drug is independent of food intake. If necessary, the physician may increase the dose to 10 mg per day. Immediately after tablet to drink plenty of fluids.
Only a doctor can determine the duration of treatment and the advisability of taking this particular drug, since there are no analogues in Vesicare.
The most common of all possible side effects Vesicare, reviews confirm this, it appears only a dry mouth and / or throat.
However, occasionally there may be other unwanted effects of the drug.
From the digestive system are possible: constipation, dyspepsia, coprostasis, abdominal pain, intestinal obstruction, or the likelihood of GERYU (ie, gastroesophageal reflux disease).
Use of the drug can be accompanied by infectious diseases of the urinary tract, acute delayed or hindered urination.
According to reviews, Vesicare can cause taste disturbance, fatigue or drowsiness (side effects CNS).
Also, the use of Vesicare tablets, and is sometimes accompanied by problems with the authorities of which are shown in the form of dry mucous membranes of the eyes or in the form of fuzzy pictures, a result of violations of accommodation.
In the respiratory system side effects may become dry mucous membranes of the nasal cavity and nasopharynx.
In addition, sometimes there is dry skin, allergic reactions and swelling of the lower extremities.
Terms and conditions of storage
Vesicare should be stored at room temperature in a place inaccessible to children. The product has a shelf life of 3 years.