Ursosan - hepatoprotector with cholelitolitic and choleretic effect.
The preparation contains
in the form of hard gelatin capsules with a white powder, active substance is ursodeoxycholic acid. Auxiliaries are ursosan corn starch, magnesium stearate, colloidal silicon dioxide, titanium dioxide and gelatin.
Pharmacological action ursosan
Ursosan and analogues of the drug are hepatoprotectors - drugs that enhance the protective functions of the liver, as well as the restoration activity of its enzymes. The main objective of ursosan as hepatoprotective, is to protect the body from the toxic effects on the liver providing lipid-lowering, cholesterol-lowering, cholelitolitic, choleretic and, to some extent, immunomodulatory effects.
Ursodeoxycholic acid, having a high polar properties, is attached to the hepatocyte membrane, forming a non-toxic mixed micelles. This helps stabilize the cell structure, and enhancing its barrier properties. In addition, according to the instructions Ursosan stimulates the excretion of toxic compounds of bile acids through the intestine, reduces the formation of cholesterol and its absorption, promotes painless destruction of cholesterol stones and preventing the formation of new crystals.
According to the reviews ursosan drug is effective against:
- Cholelithiasis in order to dissolve the biliary cholesterol stones when it is impossible to remove them and endoscopic surgical techniques, as well as a prophylactic stone recurrence;
- Chronic active hepatitis;
- Acute hepatitis;
- Toxic (including medicinal and) liver lesions;
- Alcoholic liver disease;
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis;
- Primary biliary cirrhosis;
- Cystic fibrosis;
- Biliary dyskinesia;
- Atresia of the intrahepatic biliary tract;
- Biliary reflux esophagitis and reflux gastritis;
- Biliary dyspeptic syndrome.
In addition, the use of ursosan as a preventive measure to avoid liver damage when taking cytostatic and hormonal contraceptives.
Ursosan and analogues of the drug are prohibited for use in:
- The presence of gallstones rentgenpolozhitelnyh (high in calcium)
- Non-functioning gall bladder;
- Biliary-gastrointestinal fistula;
- Acute cholangitis;
- Acute cholecystitis;
- Cirrhosis decompensated;
- Hepatic and renal failure;
- Obturation biliary tract;
- Empyema of the gallbladder;
- Acute infectious disease of the bile ducts and gall bladder;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
in the presence of
indications ursosan with caution adopted children from 2-4 years. Despite the fact that ursodeoxycholic acid, is the active substance ursosan, has no age limit, young children may have difficulty swallowing capsules.
Ursosan during pregnancy
Appointment of ursodeoxycholic acid in the presence of the indications for ursosan during pregnancy is possible only in case of a reasonable ratio of expected benefits and potential risks to the fetus. Data on the presence of the active substance in breast milk ursosan to date not available, however, if necessary, use during lactation is necessary to temporarily stop breastfeeding.
When applying for ursosan instructions must comply with the following conditions:
- The stones should be roentgen (cholesteric);
- The size of the stones should not exceed 20 mm;
- The gallbladder is to perform and to be filled with stones not more than 50%;
- The bile and cystic flow should be maintained.
According to the reviews ursosan, for maximum therapeutic effect the drug after complete resorption of stones should be continued for 3 months. Long-term use of the drug will help to destroy the remnants of the stones that are too small to detect diagnostic methods.
According to the instructions ursosan, taking the drug for more than 1 month, the patient requires a regular basis (every 3 months) to carry out blood tests to determine the degree of liver transaminases.