Urografin - radiopaque
Diagnostic ion preparation for intracavitary and intravascular injection.
Structure and Composition
Urografin discharged as a clear, colorless solution for injection of 60% or 76%. Active ingredients: sodium amidotrizoat amidotrizoat meglumine. Auxiliary components: water for injection, sodium hydroxide, sodium calcium edetate.
In vials of 20 ml. 5 vials per pack.
Urografin is a radiopaque agent. Improves image contrast by absorbing iodine contained in amidotrizoat, X-rays.
According to the instructions Urografin shown at:
- all kinds of angiographic studies;
- retrograde and intravenous urography;
- intraoperative cholangiography;
- endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography.
Urografin - contra
Contraindications to Urografin is:
- decompensated heart failure;
- expressed hyperthyroidism.
In acute pancreatitis contraindicated endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography.
Hysterosalpingography is contraindicated in inflammatory processes in the pelvic cavity, and during pregnancy.
Urografin contraindicated for ventriculography, myelography and cisternography the possible neurotoxic effects.
Preparation of the patient for the procedure
When urography and angiography of the abdominal cavity patient's stomach is recommended to thoroughly clean to facilitate diagnosis. Two days before the examination the patient is excluded from the diet foods that can cause flatulence (fresh bread, salads, legumes, fruits and raw vegetables). On the eve of the survey last meal should be no later than 18 hours. In the evening before going to bed is recommended to take a laxative. Small and infants is contraindicated use of laxatives and long intervals between meals.
Patients with diabetes mellitus, generalized myeloma, polyuria, nephropathy, hyperuricemia, oliguria, as well as infants and elderly people is recommended that adequate hydration. Before the study is necessary to exclude violations of water-electrolyte balance.
the beginning of the study ready to use solution Urografin need to dial into a syringe. Urografin Dosage depends on body mass, the patient's age, heart rate, and general condition.
When cardiac or renal failure is recommended to use the lowest possible dose Urografin. During three days after the survey of the state of these patients should be monitored.
The rate of administration by injection, usually of 20 ml per minute. Patients with heart failure have been assigned under the instruction Urografin in a dosage of 100 ml or more, the recommended duration of administration is not less than 30 minutes.
For adults, the dosage of 60% of the drug is 50 ml, 76% - 20 ml. If we increase the dosage of 76% solution to 50 ml, the diagnostic accuracy increases substantially. In view of the special readings and possible further increases in dosages.
Children due to low physiological concentration ability still immature nephron apply fairly high dosage Urografin 76%:
- up to one year - 7-10 ml;
- from one year to two years - 10-12 ml;
- from two to six years - 12-15 ml;
- from six to twelve years - 15-20 ml;
- over twelve years - the dosage as in adults.
During the infusion Urografin instructions for children and adults, usually the time of administration should not be more than five to ten minutes. Patients with heart failure is recommended infusion of spending at least half an hour.
Pictures recommended to immediately after the injection.
When intravascular application Urografin according to the instructions, the following side effects:
- Respiratory system: dyspnea, transient changes in respiratory rate, coughing, pulmonary edema, respiratory arrest.
- Digestive system: vomiting, nausea, abdominal pain.
- Cardiovascular system: changes in blood pressure, heart rate. Rarely dangerous thromboembolic complications that cause myocardial infarction.
- Urinary system: renal failure, renal failure.
- Central nervous system: headache, dizziness, impairment of consciousness, agitation, impaired hearing, vision, tremors and convulsions, photophobia, coma, transient blindness, drowsiness.
- Dermatological reactions: erythema, pruritus, rash, redness of the face, Lyell's syndrome, Stevens-Johnson syndrome.
- Allergic reactions: conjunctivitis, rhinitis, pruritus, urticaria, angioedema.
- Local reactions: swelling, pain, inflammation, venous thrombosis, thrombophlebitis, tissue necrosis.
- Other side effects: malaise, feeling of fever, fainting, sweating, chills, change in body temperature.
When introduced into the body cavity of the side effects are rare, usually a few hours after administration. Rarely can occur necrotizing pancreatitis. During the ERCP may increase serum amylase, increased risk of developing pancreatitis.
In most cases, side effects are expressed in allergic skin reactions.
Application Urografin during pregnancy and breastfeeding
During the tests, the drug showed no teratogenic, mutagenic, genotoxic and embryotoxic action. Therefore, pregnancy is not a contraindication to Urografin.
However, there is insufficient evidence of safety of its use during pregnancy. Therefore we recommend using Urografin weigh the possible risks and benefits for mother and fetus.
According to the instructions Urografin in small doses is excreted in breast milk. Therefore, there is little risk of toxic effects during its use in lactation.
Storage conditions Urografin
Stored in a dry, dark place at room temperature of not more than five years.