Ultop - a synthetic drug with anti-ulcer effect.
Pharmacological action ultop
The active component has ultop antiulcer action, blocking the formation of hydrochloric acid in the final stages. Thus, regardless of the nature of the stimulus, the application allows you to reduce ultop stimulated and basal secretion.
Ultop after a single application begins to exert an antiulcer effect within the first hour, reaching its maximum, usually within two hours. Duration exerted ultop action - no less than a day, allowing you to take the medicine once a day.
Ultop produced in the form:
- Capsules with a light pink body and white cap containing 10, 20, 40 mg of the active ingredient - omeprazole (a pellet of yellowish or pink hue). 7 pieces in blister, 14 or 28 pieces in plastic canisters;
- Lyophilisates for solution for infusion with the content of the active substance in an amount of 40 mg.
Ultop analogues of the active substance are the following drugs: Gastrozol, Omez, Zerotsid, Omekaps, Romesek, Helitsid, Omizak, Omitoks, Otsid, Losek, soprano, and Ortanol Tsisagast.
In some cases, a medical consultation is possible to use analogues ultop mode of action. These include: Gelikol, Kontrolok, Lanzabel, Lansofed, Loenzar-sanovel, Zipantola, Zulbeks, Lantsid, Neo-zekst, Parkour, Panum, Sanpraz, Ultera, Hayrabezol, Nolpaza and others.
According to the instructions Ultop prescribed for the treatment of:
- Gastric ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcer (in the acute phase, and for preventive treatment);
- Erosive and ulcerative lesions of the stomach and duodenum 12, which are caused by non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs;
- Reflux esophagitis;
- Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.
The use of combination therapy ultop effective in the treatment of peptic ulcer disease associated with Helicobacter pylori.
Application ultop contraindicated:
- In pediatrics;
- When pregnancy;
- When lactation;
- If hypersensitivity to the active or auxiliary components ultop.
According to the instructions Ultop prescribed with caution in patients with renal or hepatic insufficiency.
Ultop of instructions should be taken before meals. If you have trouble swallowing whole capsules ultop allowed to open it and mix the contents with a slightly acidic liquid (juice or yogurt). The resulting suspension must drink for half an hour.
Before therapy ultop check the presence of malignant process (especially gastric ulcer) for their exclusion, since the process of treatment can mask symptoms that entail a postponement of the identification of the correct diagnosis.
Applied according to the instructions ultop dosage varies from one tablet of 20 mg (in the treatment of peptic ulcer 12 duodenal ulcer in the acute phase, and diseases caused by nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, as well as for the prevention of acute reflux esophagitis) to 40 mg per day.
With Zollinger-Ellison syndrome usually require a higher dosage - 60 mg (initial) to 120 mg, divided into several stages.
The daily dose ultop against the backdrop of severe hepatic impairment should not exceed 20 mg.
The average duration of therapy ultop is one to two months. In the treatment of Helicobacter pylori preparation is applied to two weeks, usually in combination with antibacterial agents.
The main symptoms of overdose ultop include:
- Blurred vision;
- Dry mouth;
- Increased sweating;
Side effects ultop
Ultop reviews for adverse effects is rare, and they usually are reversible.
The main digestive disorders when used ultop include:
- Violation of the taste;
- Dry mouth;
- Abdominal pain;
- A transient increase in liver enzymes in the blood plasma.
Other undesirable actions ultop Review include:
- Myalgia, muscle weakness and arthralgia (musculoskeletal system);
- Agitation, headache, insomnia, dizziness, drowsiness, depression, paresthesia, hallucinations (central and peripheral nervous system);
- Blurred vision, increased sweating, peripheral edema, gynecomastia;
- Thrombocytopenia, leukopenia, much less - pancytopenia, agranulocytosis (hematopoietic system).
The main dermatological and allergic reactions caused ultop include:
- Skin rash;
- Interstitial nephritis;
- Erythema multiforme, photosensitivity, and alopecia (possible in some cases).
Ultop on responses can cause liver problems, hepatitis and encephalopathy against the background of previous severe liver disease.
During long-term treatment ultop according to the instructions, the formation of gastric glandular cysts (are benign and reversible).
Vacation ultop from pharmacies can only be prescribed by a doctor (list B). Shelf life of the drug - 2 years (for 10 mg capsules in blister packs), 3 years (for capsules of 10 mg and 40 mg of canisters in canisters and blisters).