Tulip - lipid-lowering drug of the statin.
By analogues Tulipa include: Atokord, Anvistat, atorvastatin, Atomaks, Atoris, Atorvoks, Lipitor, Vazator, Lipoford, lipon, Liptonorm, Torvakard, Torvazin.
Structure and Composition
Tulip is produced in the form of round tablets, film-coated 10 mg, 20 mg, 40 mg.
Atorvastatin calcium - the main active ingredient of the drug.
Accessories: lactose monohydrate, microcrystalline cellulose, hydroxypropyl cellulose, sodium, polysorbate 80, colloidal silicon dioxide, sodium Valium, magnesium oxide heavy, magnesium stearate.
The pharmacological action of the drug Tulip
According to the instructions Tulip has a lipid-lowering, cholesterol-lowering and antiatherosclerotic action:
- synthesis and lowers total cholesterol (30-45%);
- It reduces the number of synthesis and LDL particles in the blood plasma (40-60%);
- lowers Tg (by 14-30%), and apolipoprotein B (30-50%);
- enhances the level of apolipoprotein A and HDL particles;
- It reduces the risk of complications of cardiovascular diseases (20%);
In the opinion of Tulip effectively lowers LDL in patients with homozygous hypercholesterolemia (hereditary), resistant to treatment with other lipid-lowering drugs.
Indications of Tulipa instructions
According to the instructions Tulip is used in the treatment of the following diseases:
- Primary hypercholesterolemia (Frederickson, non-family heterozygous hypercholesterolemia);
- Mixed (combined) hyperlipidemia;
- heterozygous and homozygous hereditary hypercholesterolemia (as a supplement to the diet);
- hereditary endogenous hypertriglyceridemia;
- diseases of the cardiovascular system (in the background of dyslipidemia).
- hypersensitivity to any component of Tulipa;
- liver disease in the active period, hepatic failure severity A and B (on a scale of Child-Pyuga);
Tulip should be used with caution in electrolyte imbalance, metabolic and endocrine disorders, hypotension, uncontrollable seizures, severe infections, trauma and surgery, chronic alcoholism.
Safety and effectiveness of Tulipa in childhood is not installed.
Application instructions for Tulipa
Before initiation of therapy patients should be translated into medical diet with reduced cholesterol. According to the instructions Tulip advised to take, regardless of the meal in the initial daily dose of no more than 10 mg. After four weeks of daily dose (depending upon the purpose, tolerability and efficacy of the drug) should be gradually increased up to 80 mg. A month after the start of treatment or if the dose is necessary to change the laboratory analysis of the lipid composition of blood plasma.
Side effects Tulipa
Based on reviews, Tulip can cause the following side effects of the various organs and body systems:
- From the digestive system: nausea, diarrhea or constipation, heartburn, belching, increased or decreased appetite, vomiting, dry mouth, stomatitis, gastroenteritis, liver function abnormalities, duodenal ulcer, pancreatitis.
- by Respiratory: rhinitis, bronchitis, dyspnea, pneumonia, epistaxis, bronchial asthma.
- With the genitourinary system: peripheral edema, urogenital infections, urolithiasis, a violation of the chemical composition of urine, decreased libido, ejaculation disorder, impotence, vaginal or uterine bleeding;
- on the part of the musculoskeletal system: arthritis, bursitis, myositis, neuropathy, myalgia, rhabdomyolysis.
Judging by the reviews, Tulip can cause dizziness, insomnia, somnolence, malaise, depression, fainting, ringing in the ears, impaired accommodation, dryness of the conjunctiva, allergic reactions (dermatitis, eczema, pruritus, Stevens-Johnson syndrome), deafness, hemorrhage eyes, chest pain, arrhythmia, increased intraocular pressure, taste perversion or loss of taste.
When using Tulipa laboratory analysis of liver function tests are recommended at the beginning of treatment and after 6 and 12 weeks after initiation of therapy and after each dose adjustment and then periodically (every six months). Typically, changes in liver enzymes observed during the first three months of treatment.
When the need for comprehensive treatment of fibrates and atorvastatin, cyclosporine, clarithromycin, anti-fungal drugs from the group of azoles, and immunosuppressants should be very carefully monitor patients for early detection of the symptoms of lethargy, weakness, myalgia (especially at the beginning of treatment).