Tserakson - synthetic nootropic medication used in the treatment of traumatic brain injury and stroke.
Pharmacological action Tseraksona
The active ingredient Tseraksona (citicoline) has nootropic action and possessing broad spectrum of activity:
- It helps restore cell membranes exposed to damage;
- Improves cholinergic transmission in the brain tissue;
- It reduces the severity of neurological symptoms and the duration of post-traumatic coma in traumatic brain injury;
- It prevents the formation of free radicals;
- It inhibits the action of phospholipase;
- It reduces the amount of destruction of brain tissue in the acute phase of stroke.
Also, the use of indications Tseraksona effective in the treatment of motor and sensory neurological disorders, vascular and degenerative etiology.
In chronic cerebral hypoxia Tserakson by instruction, is effective in treating many of cognitive disorders, including:
- Difficulty performing simple activities related to self;
- Lack of initiative;
- Memory impairment.
Furthermore, the medicament to reduce background disease manifestation amnesia and increases the level of attention and consciousness.
Form release Tseraksona
Tserakson produced in the form:
- Pink oral solution containing 100 ml of 10 g of the active ingredient of citicoline. In bottles of 30 ml;
- Colorless solution for injection containing in 1 ampoule 500 mg and 1 g of citicoline active ingredient. The ampoules of 4 ml;
- White oblong tablets containing 500 mg of active ingredient citicoline. The package of 20 pieces.
Analogues Tseraksona mechanism of action medicaments are in different dosage forms:
- Solution for injection - Amilonosar, Lutset, Tserebrolizat, Cere Eskotropil;
- Tablets - Amilonosar, Lucidril, Vero vinpocetine, vinpocetine, Vintsetin, Ginos, Gopantam, Cavinton, Lutset, Memoplant, Pantogam, Memotropil, Noopept, Omaron;
- Capsules - biloba Vinpotropil, Nootropil, Fezam;
- Concentrate for solution for infusion - Bravinton, vinpocetine;
- Raw vegetable - Ginkgo biloba leaves;
- Capsules - Ginkoum, Noben, Idebenone, Karnitsetin, Neyromet, Piracetam;
- Sublingual tablets - Glycine;
- Oral solution - Nooklerin, Tanakan, Demanol, Kogitum, Nootropil;
- Dry extract - Cortexin;
- Nasal drops - Minis Semaks.
According to the instructions, Tserakson administered separately or as part of combination therapy in the treatment of:
- Traumatic brain injury (in acute and recovery periods);
- Ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke (the recovery period);
- Acute ischemic stroke;
- Cognitive and behavioral disorders caused by degenerative and vascular diseases of the brain.
Tserakson contraindicated applied on a background of severe vagotonia, hypersensitivity to the components of the drug, as well as pediatric and 18 years.
The possibility of the use of indications Tseraksona during pregnancy and lactation should be addressed individually with the doctor, because reliable data on the efficacy and safety of the drug in these times not.
Tserakson as oral solution can be taken with or without food, his pre-diluted in a little water (not more than half a cup).
The recommended dose when used in acute ischemic stroke and traumatic brain injury is 1 g twice a day. Duration of treatment - not less than six weeks.
The recovery period of hemorrhagic and ischemic stroke, traumatic brain injury, as well as cognitive and behavioral disorders that occur in vascular and degenerative diseases of the brain, the solution Tseraksona take 5-10 ml two times a day. The duration of treatment is determined by the doctor individually.
Intravenous solution Tseraksona administered as a slow injection or infusion doses:
- In the acute phase of traumatic brain injury and ischemic stroke - 1 g twice a day for 6 weeks. In cases where the swallowing function is not broken, after 5 days from the start of therapy solution can replace the oral solution or tablets Tserakson;
- The recovery period of hemorrhagic and ischemic stroke and cognitive and behavioral disorders caused by vascular and degenerative diseases of the brain, the recommended dose is 5-10 ml 1-2 times a day.
The daily dose Tseraksona tablets depending on the severity of the disease is 500- 2000 mg for 1, 5-2 months.
In old age, when applying Tseraksona tablets or a solution in a dose adjustment is required.
Data on overdose Tseraksonom instructions are not represented.
When applied on the testimony Tseraksona be aware that it increases the effects of levodopa.
According to the instructions, Tserakson should not be given together with drugs containing meclofenoxate.
Side effects Tseraksona
According to reviews, Tserakson side effects is rare. Among the disorders of the nervous system in the application of Tseraksona, reviews, release:
- Numbness in the paralyzed limbs.
Also Tserakson, reviews, can cause:
- Feeling the heat;
- Shortness of breath;
- Short-term changes in blood pressure;
Tserakson is one nootropic medication prescription with a shelf life of 3 years, subject to the standard storage conditions.