Tobradeks - drug used in ophthalmic practice, possessing anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial activity.
Pharmacological action Tobradeksa
Combined preparation containing active substance - tobramycin and dexamethasone.
Tobramycin - antibiotic active strains of most organisms (both Gram negative and Gram positive) which cause infectious diseases of eyes.
Dexamethasone - a glucocorticosteroid with a desensitizing, anti-allergic and anti-inflammatory action.
The combination of these two components in Tobradekse provides instructions for reducing the risk of infection.
Tobradeks release in the dosage form:
- Ointments, the aluminum tubes to 3, 5 g According to one tube per pack;
- Eye drops in flakonah- 5 ml. One vial per pack.
Analogues Tobradeksa mechanism of action drugs are Betagenot, Garazon, Dexon and Sofradeks.
According to the instructions Tobradeks prescribed for the treatment of:
- Blepharitis (inflammation of the eyelids);
- Keratitis (inflammation of the cornea), if not damaged epithelium;
In addition, Tobradeks and analogues are used to prevent the development of complications in the postoperative period.
In accordance with the instructions Tobradeks not indicated:
- In case of hypersensitivity to the drug;
- When the eye of tuberculosis;
- In cases of viral diseases of the cornea and conjunctiva (including smallpox, chickenpox, keratitis caused by herpes simplex);
- When the state after the removal of foreign bodies from the layers of the cornea;
- Fungal diseases of the eye;
- Children under the age of eighteen.
Also Tobradeks not indicated during pregnancy and lactation.
Eye drops make Tobradeks
in the conjunctival sac of the affected eye (no more than two drops) every four to six hours. After instillation is recommended to close the eyes and gently press your finger on the inner corner of the eye.
During the first two days, the dose can be increased and apply Tobradeks every two hours in the same amount.
Ointment Tobradeks introduced into the lower conjunctival sac of the affected eye (about 1, 5 cm) three or four times a day. After making tend to be several times to open and close your eyes.
With the disappearance of inflammation ointments reduce the number of bookmarks.
In the opinion of Tobradeks (ointment and drops) can be used simultaneously. Ointment applied before bedtime, drop - during the day (not changing the frequency of drug use - three or four times a day).
In the opinion of Tobradeks can cause:
- Glaucoma (increased intraocular pressure);
- Allergy, manifested as itching, conjunctival hyperemia, eyelid swelling;
- Posterior subcapsular cataract;
- Secondary infection;
- Delayed wound healing.
Tobradeks Keep out of the reach of children. Dropper bottle should be stored in an upright position. Shelf life of the product - 24 months (at a temperature of 8 ° to 27 ° C). Open the bottle or tube should not be used more than one month.