Tirozol - drug depressing production of thyroid hormones, used in the treatment of hyperthyroidism.
Pharmacological action tirozol
The active component acts on tirozol
thyroid and inhibits production of its hormones by blocking the enzyme (in particular - peroxidase, which participates in the iodization thyronine).
As a result of receiving tirozol:
- It accelerates the removal of iodides from the thyroid gland and decreased basal metabolic rate;
- Increased activation of the synthesis and secretion of thyroid-stimulating hormone by the pituitary gland (which is sometimes accompanied by a slight increase in the size of the thyroid gland).
Application tirozol effective in symptomatic treatment of hyperthyroidism.
After a single dose tirozol the duration of its validity is not less than a day.
Tirozol produced in the form of pale yellow round tablets containing in its composition 5 or 10 mg Tiamazol. The blister packs of 10 or 25 pieces.
The main counterparts are tirozol drugs Merkazolil and Tiamazol-Filofarm.
According to the instructions tirozol prescribed for hyperthyroidism in the following cases:
- For the treatment of the disease;
- In the preparation of both the radioiodine and surgical treatment;
- When long-term maintenance therapy (in exceptional cases relating to the general condition of the patient, or the inability to perform a radical treatment for personal reasons);
- When prevention, conducted against the backdrop of prescribing iodine (in the presence of autonomous adenomas, latent hyperthyroidism or thyrotoxicosis in history).
Admission tirozol is contraindicated in:
- Agranulocytosis, has arisen during the period of earlier therapy Thiamazolum or carbimazole;
- Therapy tirozol along with levothyroxine in pregnancy;
- Cholestasis (including the occurrence of the disease before treatment);
- Hypersensitivity to thiourea derivatives, active substance (tiamazol) or auxiliary components tirozol.
For relative contraindications include allergic skin reactions that occurred earlier in the thiourea derivatives.
The caution is recommended to take tirozol in hepatic failure and goiter is very large on the background of narrowing of the trachea (in this case, in preparation for the operation allowed short-term drug treatment).
Tablets according to the instructions tirozol taken after meals (at the beginning of treatment - preferably
at certain times).
In the treatment of hyperthyroidism administered daily for two to four tablets tyrosol (10 mg) for up to six weeks. After the restoration of thyroid function on the admission tirozol in maintenance doses - of 5-20 mg per day (along with levothyroxine).
In preparation for the treatment of hyperthyroidism radioiodine and operations take the same dose as in the treatment of disease (until the euthyroid state), then further administered levothyroxine, iodine and beta-blockers.
In the treatment conducted before the commencement of the radioactive iodine is usually administered one to four tablets tyrosol (5 mg). Continue taking the drug for a month.
When long-term maintenance therapy dose on tirozol instructions ranging from 1, 25 to 10 mg per day in conjunction with the reception of small doses of levothyroxine.
To prevent the development of hyperthyroidism in prescribing iodine intake tirozol effective dosage of 10-20 mg per day.
Babies tirozol usually administered per 1 kg of body weight per day:
- Initial dosage - 0, 3-0, 5 mg;
- Maintenance dosage - 0, 2-0, 3 mg.
Levothyroxine is prescribed only when needed.
In pregnancy, the use of tyrosol possible only in minimal daily doses not exceeding 10 mg.
Duration of tyrosol, usually varies from a half to two years.
In the event of termination tirozol treatment until they are cured of the disease may relapse.
After completing the application tirozol in rare cases may develop later hypothyroidism, which does not apply to side effects of medications, and is associated with destructive and inflammatory processes in the tissues of the thyroid gland.
In chronic overdose tirozol can increase the size of the thyroid gland, as well as develop hypothyroidism. In this case, the drug is usually canceled. At very high doses (120 mg daily) results in the development tirozol myelotoxic effects.
Strengthening action on instructions tirozol possible:
- With a lack of iodine;
- When concomitantly with lithium, gentamicin, reserpine, beta-blockers and amiodarone.
When conducted by treating the risk of leukopenia:
- Increases - when combined with sulfonamides and Metamizole;
- Decreases - when combined with leykogenom and folic acid.
Side effects tirozol
Usually tirozol Review is well tolerated. Sometimes, during a reception tirozol can develop arthralgia, allergic skin reactions (redness, itching and rash), dizziness, vomiting and weakness.
Other undesirable effects when used for tyrosol reviews include:
- Temperature increase;
- Autoimmune hypoglycemia syndrome;
- Change in taste (is reversible);
- Agranulocytosis (may occur immediately or after a month since the beginning of the treatment, which usually leads to the necessity of withdrawal of the drug);
- Lupus-like reaction;
- The marked increase in the salivary glands;
- Toxic hepatitis, cholestatic jaundice, and arthralgia (development is often slow in nature);
- Generalized lymphadenopathy.
Furthermore, tyrosol Review may lead to weight gain (usually - when taken in high doses).
Cancel medication required in the event during the application tirozol the following symptoms:
- Generalized skin rash and itching;
- Prolonged nausea or vomiting;
- Sore throat;
- Strong epigastric pain;
- No signs of abrasions or sores;
- Bruising or bleeding of unknown origin;
- Difficulty swallowing;
- Extreme weakness.
Tirozol of instruction refers to the number of anti-thyroid drugs, supply of pharmacies are available on prescription. Shelf life of tablets - no more than 4 years of age (under recommended storage requirements of the drug).