Tireotom - synthetic hormonal drug used for the treatment of diseases caused by the thyroid gland.
The active component has thyrotomy
anabolic (when used in small doses) and catabolic (at high doses) effect. Compensate for a deficiency of thyroid hormone, helps Tireotom for instructions:
- The increase in tissue oxygen demand;
- Oppression develop thyroid stimulating hormone;
- Improve the basal metabolic rate;
- Strengthening energy processes.
Furthermore, Tireotom Review positively affects many body functions, including the nervous and cardiovascular systems, as well as kidney and liver.
Form release thyrotomy
Tireotom produce a round spigot tablets containing two active components: levothyroxine (in an amount of 40 g) and liothyronine (in an amount of 10 g). The blister packs (50 pieces) or glass bottles (60 pieces).
Analogues are thyrotomy drugs:
- As the active ingredient - Novotiral;
- By way of action - L-Thyroxine, Bagotiroks, Yodtiroks, Levothyroxine, Tireokomb, Eutiroks.
According to the instructions indicated for the treatment of Tireotom:
- Euthyroid goiter;
Tireotom also apply:
- After surgical treatment of thyroid cancer;
- As replacement therapy and prevention of relapse weeks (in the cases after resection of the thyroid gland);
- In the combined therapy of diffuse toxic goiter (in the event of euthyroid state tireostatikami).
Tireotom contraindicated for instructions apply when:
- Untreated adrenal insufficiency;
- Acute myocarditis;
- Untreated thyrotoxicosis;
- Acute myocardial infarction, angina III-IV functional class;
- Hypersensitivity to the components forming part of thyrotomy.
It should appoint a drug with caution in severe long-existing hypothyroidism, in old age, diabetes, as well as on the background of the following diseases of the cardiovascular system:
- Congestive heart failure;
- Coronary heart disease, including angina pectoris I-II functional class, atherosclerosis and myocardial infarction.
Duration of therapy thyrotomy conducted as a daily dose, determined by reading the individual physician.
In hypothyroidism, early treatment for adults is usually administered one tablet. Every two or four weeks at a daily dose of one tablet is increased to an effective dosage of from two to five tablets. When selecting a daily dosage thyrotomy physician considers children age and body weight, but it is usually no more than two tablets. Generally, treatment is carried out for a long period, and in some cases - lifelong.
In the treatment of euthyroid goitre initial adult dose is 2 tablets thyrotomy supporting - not more than six. Children dosage, usually in half. Duration of treatment - at least several months.
During the prevention of recurrence of goiter after surgery take two to three tablets thyrotomy in cases after surgery for cancer of the thyroid gland - from three to six.
During pregnancy and lactation reception thyrotomy appointed over hypothyroidism, do not cancel, and in some cases when pregnancy occurs daily dosage of medication increases.
In overdose thyrotomy commonly observed symptoms that are characteristic
for hyperthyroidism, namely:
- Heart rhythm disorders;
- Increased appetite;
- Pain in the heart;
- Excessive sweating;
- Sleep disturbance;
- Weight loss.
Depending on the severity of these symptoms tend to tear up the doctor recommended treatment for a few days, to reduce the daily dose thyrotomy and possible appointment of beta-blockers. After the improvement of the treatment should continue, but at a lower dosage.
Concomitant use thyrotomy some drugs can have undesirable consequences, resulting to be careful. This applies to drug interactions:
- With indirect anticoagulants (since Tireotom reinforces their effects, which may lead to revision of the accepted dose);
- With cardiac glycosides (because of the reduction of their impact);
- With tricyclic antidepressants (due to strengthening their actions and increase the risk of adverse effects);
- With asparaginase, anabolic steroids and tamoxifen (due to a possible pharmacokinetic interaction at the level of protein binding).
Side effects thyrotomy
Usually Tireotom instructions for causing side effects.
In rare cases the use of thyrotomy can cause:
- Progression of heart failure, and angina;
- Allergic reactions.
Tireotom and analogues of the drug related to the drug list B and dispensed by prescription. Do not exceed the recommended shelf life of the tablets - 3 years.