Tiogamma - a drug that regulates carbohydrate and lipid metabolism.
Structure and Composition
in three dosage forms:
- Kapsulovidnye coated tablets light yellow shell. One tablet contains active substance - 600 mg thioctic acid. Auxiliary components: talc, microcrystalline cellulose, colloidal silicon dioxide, macrogol 6000, simethicone, sodium lauryl sulfate, magnesium stearate, lactose, lactose monohydrate, hypromellose, carboxymethylcellulose sodium. The blister packs of 10 tablets.
- Light yellow transparent solution for infusion. 1 ml contains active substance - 12 mg thioctic acid. Accessories: macrogol 300, meglumine, water for injections. In bottles of 50 ml.
- The yellowish-green transparent concentrate for solution for infusion. 1 ml contains active substance - 30 mg thioctic acid. Accessories: meglumine, water for injections, macrogol 300. vials of 20 ml.
Tiogammy analogues are the following drugs: Alpha lipoic acid, Berliton, Lipamid, lipoic acid, Lipotiokson, Neyrolipon, Oktolipen, Thioctacid, Tiolepta Tiolipon, Espa-lipon.
Pharmacological action Tiogammy
According to the instructions Tiogamma is a metabolic agent. Alpha-lipoic (thioctic acid) is an endogenous antioxidant, binding free radicals. Acid synthesized in the body by means of an oxidative decarboxylation of alpha-keto acids.
Application Tiogammy lowers blood glucose levels, and increases in liver glycogen, helps to overcome insulin resistance.
In the opinion of the nature of Tiogamma biochemical effects similar to B vitamins thioctic acid stimulates metabolism of cholesterol, regulates carbohydrate and lipid metabolism, and normalizes the function of the liver. The drug has a hypoglycemic, lipid-lowering, hepatoprotective and cholesterol-lowering effect.
According to the instructions Tiogamma shown in diabetic polyneuropathy.
The instructions to Tiogamme contain the following contraindications:
- Children's age, because they do not set safety and efficacy;
- during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
While receiving the drug or analogue Tiogammy should refrain from drinking alcoholic beverages.
Dosing and dosing regimen Tiogammy
According to the instructions Tiogamma tablet taken orally,
without chewing, drinking plenty of water. Normally, orally administered 300-600 mg per day.
Also, the drug is administered intravenously in a dosage of 600 mg per day.
At the beginning of therapy to the drug or analogue Tiogammy administered intravenously over two to four weeks. Then you can move on to the tablets at a dose of 300-600 mg per day.
In the opinion of Tiogamma ingestion may cause the following side effects:
- systemic reactions (up to the development of anaphylaxis), urticaria;
In the opinion of Tiogamma intravenous administration can cause:
- cramps and diplopia;
- difficulty breathing;
- thrombocytopenia, petechial hemorrhages in the skin, mucous membranes, thrombosis, purpura.
Overdose Tiogammoy Review causes the following symptoms: headache, vomiting, nausea. In this case, a symptomatic therapy.
With simultaneous use of intravenous Tiogammy reduces the effect of cisplatin.
In combination with ethanol reduces the effectiveness of the drug or analogue Tiogammy.
Application Tiogammy during pregnancy and lactation
According to the instructions Tiogamma contraindicated during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Storage conditions Tiogammy
The drug is stored in a dry place at room temperature.
Tiogamma Tablets should be stored no longer than three years. The concentrate and the solution for infusion preparation can be stored for more than five years.