Norfloxacin - synthetic antimicrobial broad-spectrum drugs.
The pharmacological action of norfloxacin
Active ingredient norfloxacin has antimicrobial and bactericidal action. The drug is active against:
- Certain Gram-positive bacteria, including Staphylococcus aureus;
- Most Gram-negative bacteria: Escherichia coli, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Shigella spp., Neisseria meningitidis, Salmonella spp., Morganella morganii, Proteus spp., Klebsiella spp., Serratia spp., Citrobacter spp., Neisseria gonorrhoeae, Enterobacter spp., Yersinia spp. , Haemophilus influenzae, Providencia spp ..
Anaerobic bacteria, according to instructions, are resistant to the drug.
Norfloxacin is produced in the form of coated tablets of 400 and 800 mg of 10 pieces in the package.
Analogues of norfloxacin containing the same active ingredient, are drugs Lokson-400 nolitsin, Sofazin, Norbaktin, Norilet, Normaks, Norfatsin.
For topical use, 0, 3% of ear and eye drops Normaks containing the active ingredient norfloxacin.
According to the instructions Norfloxacin is used to treat infectious and inflammatory diseases caused by susceptible to the active ingredient of the drug by microorganisms.
Inside norfloxacin administered:
- In diseases of the urinary tract, including cystitis, pyelonephritis, urethritis;
- Salmonellosis, shigellosis;
- Prostatitis, cervicitis, endometritis;
- In gonorrhea;
- In order to prevent bacterial infections in granulocytopenia, recurrence of urinary tract infections, "traveler's diarrhea".
Local antibiotic norfloxacin used for:
- Ulcers of the cornea;
- Acute inflammation of the meibomian glands;
Furthermore, norfloxacin shown topically for prevention:
- Eye infections, including the state after the removal of foreign body from conjunctiva and cornea;
- Infectious complications after surgery on the organ of hearing;
- In acute and chronic otitis media, otitis externa.
Norfloxacin is contraindicated for instructions apply:
- At deficiency of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase;
- If tendinitis;
- In children up to 15 years;
- If hypersensitivity to norfloxacin or another quinolone drugs row.
Norfloxacin is contraindicated in pregnancy and lactation because of the possibility of arthropathy.
It is also recommended to be careful when taking the drug in:
- Myasthenia gravis;
- Epilepsy or seizures of other etiologies;
- Severe disorders of the kidneys and liver.
Usually take a dose of norfloxacin instruction varies from 400 to 800 mg per day, duration of reception depends on the disease. 800 mg per day in two divided doses the drug is prescribed for:
- Urinary tract infection - up to 10 days;
- Uncomplicated cystitis - not more than a week;
- Chronic recurrent urinary tract infection the use of norfloxacin generally long, up to 12 weeks;
- Acute bacterial gastroenteritis - not more than 5 days.
One time taking 800 mg of norfloxacin in acute gonococcal pharyngitis, urethritis, cervicitis, and proctitis. In the treatment of typhoid fever for two weeks take 1 tablet of 400 mg three times a day.
To prevent recurrence of urinary tract infections antibiotic norfloxacin take 200 mg a day, bacterial gastroenteritis - 400 mg, and for the prevention of diarrhea during travel are encouraged to take the first pill before departure, and in the coming days to take 400 mg daily, but no more than three weeks.
The ENT and ophthalmology practice norfloxacin antibiotic used topically.
During therapy is recommended to avoid direct sunlight, and drinking plenty of fluids.
In the application of norfloxacin with many drugs it is recommended to be careful to avoid undesirable side effects. At the same time taking norfloxacin with antacids or drugs containing calcium, zinc, iron, magnesium, or sucralfate should observe an interval of at least two hours between them.
In the opinion of norfloxacin can cause disorders of the various systems. Disorders of the digestive system are manifested most often as diarrhea, bitter taste in the mouth, heartburn, loss of appetite, nausea, abdominal pain, vomiting. Pseudomembranous colitis occurs only in cases of prolonged use of the drug.
In addition, the use of norfloxacin can cause:
- Glomerulonephritis, crystalluria, dysuria, hypercreatininemia, albuminuria, polyuria, urethral bleeding;
- Vasculitis, headache, arrhythmia, insomnia, tachycardia, dizziness, decreased blood pressure, fainting, hallucinations;
- Tendinitis, arthralgia, tendon rupture;
- Eosinophilia, leucopenia, decreased hematocrit;
Allergic reactions caused by norfloxacin reviews, most often manifested as swelling, itching, malignant exudative erythema, urticaria.
Norfloxacin belongs to the antibiotic drugs, prescription, with a shelf life of 5 years.