Termikon - synthetic antifungal agent used for the treatment of onychomycosis and tinea.
The active ingredient Termikona has expressed antifungal action.
A preparation according to instructions is active against dermatophytes such as:
- Trichophyton, including species rubrum, mentagrophytes, violaceum, tonsurans, verrucosum;
- Epidermophyton floccosum;
- Microsporum canis.
At low concentrations Termikon capable of exerting a fungicidal action on:
- Some dimorphic fungi;
- Moulds (including Cladosporium, Aspergillus and Scopulariopsis brevicaulis).
Furthermore, according to the instructions provided Termikon fungistatic or fungicidal effect on yeasts of the genus Candida and filamentous forms.
Termikon acting on fungal cell membranes, violates the early stage of biosynthesis and leads to cell death of the fungus.
Application Termikona inside is not effective in cases of multi-colored lichen, which causes Pityrosporum orbiculare (Malassezia furfur).
Termikon produced in the form of white to yellowish white tablets, which include 250 mg terbinafine. 7 pieces of cellular packages.
Also Termikon release as a 1% cream (10 g or 15 g) and spray (15 g or 30 g) for external application.
The main counterparts Termikona by active ingredient include the following drugs: Atifin, Bramizil, Terbizil, Terbinafine Sandoz, Terbifin, Tebikur, Tsidokan, Ekziter, Fungoterbin, Lamisil, Binafin.
Also Termikona analog mode of action is the drug Griseofulvin in several dosage forms.
According to the instructions Termikon prescribed for:
- Heavy common ringworm smooth skin of the limbs and trunk, which usually require systemic treatment;
- Mycosis of the scalp (in diseases such as the trichophytosis, microsporia);
- Candidiasis of the mucous membranes and skin;
- Mycosis of the skin and nails, which are caused by a group of Trichophyton, and Epidermophyton floccosum group and Microsporum (gypseum and canis).
Contraindications to the use Termikona
are the following cases:
- Pregnancy (due to lack of data supporting the efficacy and safety of le
- Age up to three years (or at least the child's weight to 20 kg);
- Hypersensitivity to the Termikona.
Also, there are a number of conditions in which Termikon according to the instructions should be taken with extreme caution. These include:
- As renal and hepatic failure;
- The presence of tumors;
- Suppression of bone marrow hematopoiesis;
- Occlusive vascular disease of the extremities;
- Various diseases associated with metabolism.
In psoriasis Termikon should also be taken with caution, so as not to provoke its worsening.
When the therapy should be considered that the irregular admission Termikona or if the treatment will be completed before the full treatment, the risk of relapse increases.
The duration of treatment Termikonom and dosing regimen prescribed individually and is determined by the presence of comorbidities.
Termikon instructions for one tablet administered once daily, preferably - postprandial.
Typically, the average duration of therapy is at:
- Ringworm of the body - one month;
- Onychomycosis - 6-12 weeks;
- Candidiasis shins, as well as skin and mucous membranes - from two weeks to a month;
- Mycosis of the scalp - more than a month;
- Tinea pedis - 2-6 weeks.
If the kidney function dose Termikona usually halved.
Cream and spray Termikon applied to the dried and cleaned skin two times a day. In cases of diaper rash ointment application site (especially at night) should cover the gauze.
The main symptoms of overdose Termikonom instructions are:
- Nausea or vomiting;
- Pain in the lower abdomen, and in some cases - in the epigastric region.
Drug interaction Termikona
Not recommended Termikona combined use of drugs with a number (in order to avoid slowing down the metabolism), namely:
- Since beta1-blockers such as metoprolol or propranolol;
- With tricyclic antidepressants and selective serotonin reuptake blockers such as fluvoxamine or desipramine;
- With MAO inhibitors type B;
- With antiarrhythmic agents such as flecainide or propafenone;
- With antipsychotic drugs such as haloperidol or chlorpromazine.
For violation of the menstrual cycle can cause simultaneous reception Termikona and oral contraceptives.
The risk of hepatotoxicity is increased, while the use Termikona with ethanol or other hepatotoxic drugs.
Side effects Termikona
The most common disorders of the digestive system while taking Termikona for reviews include:
- Abdominal pain, sometimes - feeling of excessive fullness;
- Disorders of taste buds (in some cases there is a complete loss of taste sensation, which is usually restored within two to three weeks after treatment);
- Decreased appetite;
Very rarely Termikon Review causes the development of hepatobiliary disorders (otherwise - cholestatic jaundice).
The most likely allergic reactions that occur when taking Termikona are skin rash and hives. In very rare cases, the drug leads to the development of:
- Toxic epidermal necrolysis (otherwise - Lyell's syndrome);
- Malignant exudative erythema (otherwise - Stevens-Johnson syndrome);
- Anaphylactoid reactions.
With the development of allergic reactions during therapy Termikon tend to cancel.
Other violations of important systems of the body when using Termikona for reviews include:
- Myalgia and arthralgia (musculoskeletal system);
- Thrombocytopenia, neutropenia and agranulocytosis (hematopoietic system).
Termikon refers to a number of antifungal drugs, dispensed from pharmacies on a doctor's appointment. Shelf life - no more than 36 months (at temperatures up to 25 ° C).