Tavegil - a drug that has a pronounced anti-allergic effect.
Pharmacological action tavegil
The active ingredient tavegil - clemastine, has antihistamine effect, while reducing the permeability of blood vessels. The drug has a sedative effect, and exhibits weak anticholinergic activity without causing simultaneous hypnotic action.
Tavegil of instructions reduces capillary permeability, inhibition of exudation and the formation of edema, as well as the reduction of itching.
The drug release Tavegil in the dosage form:
- Tablets, which contain 1 mg clemastine. 20 pieces per pack (two blisters of 10 pieces);
- Solution for intramuscular and intravenous injections. In one ampoule contains 2 mg clemastine. 5 vials per pack.
Analogues tavegil mechanism of action drugs are Valocordin-doxylamine, Grand, diphenhydramine, Donormil.
Tavegil according to the instructions prescribed in the following cases:
- Allergic rhinitis;
- Hay fever (aka - hay fever, or allergic reaction to pollen);
- Eczema (both chronic and acute form);
- Pruritic dermatoses;
- Allergies are caused by drugs;
- Contact dermatitis;
- Insect bites;
- Angioneurotic edema (angioedema - massive swelling of the skin and subcutaneous fat and mucous membrane of allergic origin);
- Anaphylactic shock;
- Anaphylactoid reactions;
- Allergic reactions and pseudoallergic (using radiopaque agents, histamine diagnostic purposes, as well as in the case of blood transfusion).
Application tavegil contraindicated in cases of:
- Hypersensitivity to the drug;
- Lower respiratory tract disease, including asthma;
- Joint reception with MAO inhibitors.
Furthermore, Tavegil and analogs are generally not prescribed:
- When pregnancy;
- During feeding;
- Children under one year.
According to the testimony Tavegil used with caution in cases of:
- Diseases of the cardiovascular system, including hypertension;
- Stenosis (narrowing) of the pylorus;
- Prostatic hyperplasia, characterized by urinary retention;
- Angle-closure glaucoma;
- Bladder neck obstruction.
Tavegil on indications prescribed for adults and children over twelve years of one tablet (1 mg clemastine) morning and evening.
In intractable cases, the amount of tablets can be reduced to six (6 mg clemastine) per day.
For children aged six to twelve years of use tavegil recommended before breakfast and at night for 0, 5-1 tablets a day.
Tablets are taken before meals with water. The duration of treatment Tavegilom should be agreed with your physician.
Intramuscular or intravenous injection is prescribed for adults twice daily 2 mg. Babies also administered by intramuscular injection twice a day at 25 mg / kg per day.
By indications Tavegil, for the prevention of allergic reactions, is used intravenously at a dose of 2 mg.
Side effects tavegil
When applying for tavegil reviews often observed:
- Drowsiness, fatigue;
- Dizziness, tremors;
- Dry mouth and constipation, in some cases - nausea and vomiting.
In addition, in rare cases Tavegil Review can cause:
- Reduced blood pressure (more common in the elderly);
- Palpitations, arrythmia (arrhythmia);
- Dysuria (dysuria);
- Skin rash, hives;
- Bronchospasm, dyspnea.
Tavegil on the testimony without prescription. The preparation is stored in a place inaccessible to children. Storage Temperature - not exceeding 30 ° C. Shelf life tavegil - five years.