Tantum Verde - a local non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug used in dentistry and ENT practice.
The active ingredient of the drug Tantum Verde has a local analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect.
When applying Tantum Verde sufficiently rapidly penetrates through the mucous membranes in the inflamed tissue, without causing significant side effects.
Form release Tantum Verde
Tantum Verde The drug is available in several dosage forms:
- Square translucent lozenges green with lemon-mint flavor. Each tablet contains the active component - 3 mg of benzydamine hydrochloride. 10 pieces per pack;
- Green transparent 0, 15% solution for topical application with mint flavor. 100 ml of the preparation contains 150 mg of benzydamine hydrochloride. In bottles of 120 ml;
- Metered-dose spray with mint aroma for local use. In a 100 ml contained 150 mg of benzydamine hydrochloride. The polyethylene bottles of 30 ml (corresponding to 176 doses) with the pomp and pressure device.
The closest analogue Tantum Verde mode of action are the preparations:
- Drops tooth - Dentaguttal, Dentaplyus, Dent;
- Dental Gel - Dentinox, Dikloran Dent Vitadent, Dologuélé PT Kalgel, Holisal;
- Solution for local application - Maraslavin, Poliminerol, Salvini, Joks;
- Pastilles - NovoSept fort sage;
- Capsules - Piaskledin 300;
- Spray for local application - Proposol, Proposol-H NovoSept forte;
- Lozenge - Sage.
Indications Tantum Verde
Tantum Verde according to the instructions prescribed in the treatment of inflammatory diseases of upper respiratory tract and oral cavity, namely when:
- Periodontal disease;
- Gingivitis, stomatitis, glossitis, including conditions after radiotherapy and chemotherapy;
- Sore throat;
- Calculous inflammation of the salivary glands;
- Sore throat;
In the treatment of infectious and inflammatory diseases, including candidiasis, use of Tantum Verde is shown in conjunction with other anti-viral drugs.
In addition, Tantum Verde reviews effective in the following cases:
- After removing or dental treatment;
- After surgery and trauma, including tonsillectomy and jaw fractures.
According to the instructions Tantum Verde applied contraindicated:
- In pediatrics - up to 12 years (in the case of a solution for topical application;
- When phenylketonuria (for the dosage form of tablets);
- When hypersensitive to components within the preparation.
Dosing Tantum Verde
The drug in dosage form lozenge administered up to four times per day. The recommended single dose - 1 tablet.
Tantum Verde solution is used to rinse the throat and mouth 15 ml (one tablespoon). The multiplicity of application - every two or three hours (but not more frequently than every half hour). In cases of a burning sensation in the application of the solution, it should be diluted with water, increasing the level of medication in a graduated cup to the risks.
Spray assigned with the same multiplicity of applications as a solution. The recommended single dose is:
- For adults - from four to eight doses;
- Children 6-12 years - four doses;
- Children under 6 years of age - a single dose every 4 kg body weight (but not more than four doses).
When using Tantum Verde spray is recommended to be careful to avoid contact with the eyes.
Data on cases of drug overdose (in all dosage forms), as well as on significant drug interactions have been received.
Use of Tantum Verde during pregnancy and lactation
According to the testimony may be used Tantum Verde during pregnancy and during breastfeeding (lactation).
According to reviews Tantum Verde may cause minor local reactions that manifest as burning and numbness in the mouth, and dry mouth.
Other side effects that occur when using Tantum Verde, in the opinion include a skin rash, and somnolence.
Tantum Verde drug refers to a number of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs which are allowed to leave without a prescription. The shelf life of the drug in all dosage forms - 4 years.