Tafen Nazal - glucocorticosteroid drug with marked anti-allergic and anti-inflammatory action.
Release form and composition
The drug is available in a polymer bottle as a nasal spray. The vial includes a mechanical dispenser nozzle and the tip of the nose. One vial contains two hundred doses. The single dose medication contained 50 mcg of budesonide.
Analogs Tafen Nazal
Analogues Tafen Nazal (drugs with similar pharmacological action) believe Beklazon Eco Beklat, Beklospir, bekotid, maple GWU, Nazarel, Flixonase, Flixotide, Alvesco, beclomethasone DS.
In addition to the unique Tafen Nazal following drugs known synonyms: Benarin, Apulein, Boudin Ster-Neb, Benakor Budenofalk, Budieyr, Budoster, Novopulmon E Novolayzer, Pulmicort, Tafen Novolayzer. Budesonide - the main active ingredient of the above drugs.
Pharmacological action Tafen Nazal
The action of the chemical components of the drug contributes to suppression of inflammatory processes occurring in the upper respiratory tract. The drug has vasoconstrictor activity, it contributes to the normalization of vascular permeability.
Reviews Tafen Nazal confirm the high efficiency and performance of the drug.
There are reviews of Tafen Nazal, as a medicinal product, effectively reduce the severity of symptoms in allergic reactions expressed by the body.
After drug interactions with the mucosa of the nose of about 20% of the injected budesonide enters the circulatory system. About 90% got into the blood of the active ingredient of the drug is inactivated in the liver. The main part of metabolites for two to three hours excreted by the kidneys.
Indications Tafen Nazal
- Treatment and prevention of year-round and seasonal allergic and non-allergic rhinitis;
- Treatment of nasal polyps.
- Hypersensitivity of the main components of the drug;
- Hypersensitivity to any components of the drug;
- Bacterial, fungal, viral respiratory tract infections;
- Pulmonary tuberculosis in an active form;
- Children under six years.
Instructions for use Tafen Nazal
Tafen Nazal should be taken according to the instructions as follows:
- At the beginning of the treatment after six children and adults are recommended medication twice daily (two doses in each nostril);
- Next, a daily dose administered to each nostril twice a day or two doses once daily.
Tafen Nazal you how to achieve the maximum therapeutic effect is recommended to take no more than three months. Improving patient often observed on the third day after the start of therapy.
To achieve lasting therapeutic effect is very important to consider the following recommendations on the use of Tafen Nazal instructions:
- Clear sinuses;
- Remove the cap and carefully shake the vial;
- Push the nasal adapter and release a small amount of the drug into the air;
- Tilt your head slightly forward, insert the nozzle on the left side to the right nostril, direct attachment to the outer wall. Push on the adapter before entering the recommended dose of the drug in the nasal passage, breathe it. Similarly, enter the medication in the left nostril.
- The adapter after use carefully wipe and put on the cap on the bottle.
- From the side of respiratory irritation and dryness of mucous membranes of the nose, sneezing, epistaxis, cough.
- Dermatological reactions: rash, dermatitis, rash.
In some cases, judging by the reviews, Tafen Nazal cause appetite loss, dizziness, tachycardia. In very rare cases, the drug is administered marked loss of smell, nasal septum perforation, angioedema, slowing growth. However, the above listed adverse symptoms occur rarely and most often are temporary.
Prolonged use of the drug is recommended twice a year to be screened mucosa of the nasal cavity to avoid possible development of pharyngeal candidiasis or atrophic rhinitis.
It should be used carefully to patients having trauma nasal cavity as glucocorticosteroids greatly slow down the process of tissue regeneration.
Apply Tafen Nazal during pregnancy should be only after a preliminary assessment of the expected benefits and risks of treatment, as the main active component of the drug is able to cross the placenta. Newborns whose mothers used in the treatment of Tafen Nazal during pregnancy, some time should be under close medical supervision (to exclude the presence of adrenal hypofunction).