Vimovo - combined assets belonging to the nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and is a proton pump inhibitor.
Pharmacological action Vimovo
Coated tablets contain esomeprazole magnesium Vimovo, which is released when swallowed and immediately affects the reduction of gastric acid secretion, and in the core of the tablet contains naproxen, which is released slowly and has antipyretic and analgesic effect.
Form release Vimovo
According to the instructions, Vimovo manufactured as enteric-coated film-coated oval tablets yellow with black inscription "500/20" on one side, in plastic bottles with screw cap, with the control of the first opening.
One tablet contains 500 mg Vimovo naproxen and 22, 3 mg of esomeprazole magnesium trihydrate, and:
- 50 g of carnauba wax;
- 35 mg hypromellose 3 mPas77;
- 2.69 mg glycerol monostearate and 40-55;
- 10.85 mg hypromellose 6 mPa.s;
- 680 mg hypromellose 50 mPa.s;
- 580 g of iron oxide yellow (E172);
- 22 mg of croscarmellose sodium;
- 2.62 mg colloidal silicon dioxide;
- 1.38 mg of magnesium stearate;
- 5.85 mg of macrogol 8000;
- 20 mg methyl parahydroxybenzoate (E218);
- 4.55 mg of polysorbate 80;
- 11 mg Povidone K90;
- 6.3 mg of polydextrose (E1200);
- 10 mg propyl parahydroxybenzoate (E216);
- 54.6 mg of 30% suspension;
- 8.18 mg of triethyl citrate;
- 13.26 mg of titanium dioxide.
The structure of the shell consists of a tablet of black ink - qs, which consist of 22% of iron oxide black, 7% of hypromellose 6 mPa.s, 10% of propylene glycol, 12% isopropanol and 49% of purified water.
Analogues Vimovo tablets of the active substance is not released. By analogues Vimovo mechanism of action and of belonging to a pharmacological group includes:
- Algezir Ultra;
- Deksalgin 25;
- MIG 400;
- Nurofen asset;
- Nurofen UltraKap;
- Advanced Teraflex;
According to the instructions, Vimovo used to relieve symptoms caused by rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis and ankylosing spondylitis, and administered to patients having the risk of duodenal ulcers and stomach associated with the use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Vimovo tablets are contraindicated in:
- Severe uncontrolled heart failure;
- Severe hepatic impairment or active liver disease;
- Confirmed hyperkalemia;
- Guidelines on the history of hives, asthma and allergic reactions when taking non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs;
- Severe renal insufficiency;
- Condition after coronary artery bypass surgery;
- Duodenal ulcer or stomach in the acute phase;
- Inflammatory bowel disease in the acute phase;
- Concomitantly with atazanavir and nelfinavir;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug;
- Gastrointestinal bleeding, bleeding in the brain or other bleeding;
- Hypersensitivity to other substituted benzimidazole.
Also, the drug is contraindicated during the III trimester of pregnancy and lactation, and in children and adolescents up to 18 years.
Vimovo on instructions used inside is not liquid, squeezed water one tablet twice a day for half an hour before a meal. Precautions Vimovo prescribed for liver and kidney failure mild to moderate.
Vimovo, according to instructions, is not recommended to be combined with anti-retroviral drugs, the drug is used with caution with:
- Acetylsalicylic acid (in small doses);
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor;
- ACE inhibitors;
- Lithium therapy;
- Sulfonylurea derivatives and hydantoin;
- Drugs whose absorption depends on the pH of the stomach.
According to reviews, Vimovo may cause unwanted effects from the gastrointestinal tract, such as: nausea, indigestion, stomach pain and vomiting.
Also, reviews, Vimovo causes constipation, diarrhea, dizziness, pain in the upper abdomen and peripheral edema.
Storage conditions Vimovo
In accordance with the instructions, Vimovo must be stored out of reach of children and protected from light, dry place at room temperature up to 30 ° C. The shelf life of the drug in compliance with the instructions of two years.