Dimia - monophasic oral contraceptive.
Structure and Composition Dimia
Dimia tablets, film-coated.
1 tablet contains Dimia following active ingredients: 20 mcg of ethinyl estradiol and 3 mg drospirenone. Also such preparations contain additional ingredients: magnesium stearate, pregelatinized corn starch, lactose monohydrate, a copolymer of polyvinyl alcohol and macrogol.
The product is produced in blister packs of 28 tablets.
Pharmacological action Dimia
The drug Dimia contains ethinyl estradiol and drospirenone. Drospirenone in its pharmacological action can be compared with natural progesterone. It has no anti-glucocorticoid, estrogen and glucocorticoid activity and has a pronounced anti-androgenic and anti-mineralocorticoid moderate effect.
The contraceptive effect of the drug Dimia based on its ability to inhibit ovulation, change the endometrium and increase the viscosity of the fluid secretion of the cervix.
According to reviews, Dimia is a very effective contraceptive.
The instructions to Dimia indicated that the tablets show a woman of childbearing age for oral contraceptive.
Dosing and dosing regimen Dimia
Dimia Tablets must be taken every day at about the same time. The tablets are taken in the order shown on the blister pack, and drink a little water. Duration of reception is 28 days: 1 tablet per day. Dimia pills of the next pack should be started the day after the last tablet prima from the previous package. Typically, the bleeding starts 2-3 hours after start of placebo tablets (last row) and not end before the reception of the next pack of tablets.
According to the instructions, Dimia like other combination birth control pills, is contraindicated in the following cases:
- any state prior thrombosis (including angina, transient ischemic attacks);
- venous and arterial thromboses and embolism (including stroke, myocardial infarction, deep vein thrombophlebitis, cerebrovascular disorders, pulmonary embolism);
- inherited or acquired tendency to rise to arterial or venous thrombosis;
- Various risk factors that contribute to the development of arterial or venous thrombosis (arterial hypertension, cerebrovascular disease, valvular lesions, smoking after the age of 35 years, obesity, etc.);
- acute or chronic severe renal insufficiency;
- pancreatitis with severe hypertriglyceridemia;
- vaginal bleeding of unknown nature;
- benign liver tumor or malignancy;
- the presence of any severe liver disease;
- breastfeeding (a negative impact on the quantity and composition of milk);
- hormone-dependent cancers of the breast or genital organs;
- hypersensitivity to one or more components of the drug;
- pregnancy or the suspicion of it;
- lactose intolerance, a lack of lactase;
- Migraine with focal neurological symptoms.
According to reviews, Dimia should be used with caution in the following cases:
- the postpartum period;
- diseases that contribute to peripheral circulatory disorders (systemic lupus erythematosus, diabetes, ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease, phlebitis of superficial veins, hemolytic uremic syndrome, sickle cell anemia);
- disease developed on the background of pregnancy or in the background of the previous use of sex hormones (jaundice, chorea, atherosclerosis with hearing impairment, herpes, porphyria, chloasma).
According to reviews, Dimia may cause the following undesirable side effects:
- The lymphatic system and the hematopoietic system: thrombocytopenia, anemia.
- Metabolism: anorexia, or weight gain, increased appetite, hyponatremia, hyperkalemia.
- Infections: Candidiasis.
- Immune system: the development of a variety of allergic reactions.
- Nervous system: dizziness, headache, paresthesia, tremor, vertigo, depression, insomnia, anorgasmia, somnolence, decreased libido.
- Cardiovascular system: varicose veins, migraine, nasal bleeding, tachycardia, syncope, increase in blood pressure.
- Digestive system: diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, abdominal pain.
- Musculoskeletal system: pain in the extremities and back pain, muscle cramps.
- Skin and subcutaneous tissue: pruritus, rash, eczema, dry skin, skin striae, contact dermatitis.
- Bile duct and liver: cholecystitis, gallbladder pain.
- Reproductive system: chest pain, no bleeding, breast enlargement, pelvic pain, vaginitis, vaginal discharge, heavy or scant bleeding, dry vaginal mucosa, cervical polyps, cysts and breast hyperplasia.
To date no reviews Dimia relative overdose has been reported. According to the general experience of oral contraceptive pills Dimia may cause such overdose symptoms like nausea, vomiting, a slight vaginal bleeding.
Application Dimia tablets during pregnancy and lactation
According to the instructions, Dimia is contraindicated during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
If the pregnancy while taking pills Dimia, their continued acceptance must immediately stop. According to epidemiological studies, no adverse effects on fetal development Dimia reception, according to instructions, does not have, but we can not exclude adverse effects that have a negative effect on pregnancy.
According to reviews, Dimia negative effect on lactation, reduces the amount of breast milk and change its composition, which has a negative impact on the child. Therefore, during treatment it is advisable to stop breastfeeding.
Starting pills Dimia necessary only after examination and consultation with a physician. In case of any adverse effects during treatment Dimia woman should immediately contact a doctor.
Dimia refers to prescription drugs with a recommended shelf life of no more than 24 months.