Sulpiride - neuroleptic antipsychotic drug.
Structure and Composition of sulpiride
Produced in two dosage forms:
- White tablets containing the active substance - sulpiride 50 or 200 mg, 10 tablets or multiples of 30 tablets in a jar. Auxiliary components: potato starch, lactose, magnesium stearate, talc, gelatin, MCC.
- The solution for intramuscular injection, clear and colorless, containing 100 mg of sulpiride. The ampoules of 2 ml of 10 vials of the pack. Auxiliary components: sodium chloride, water for injection, a solution of sulfuric acid.
Analogs of sulpiride are following medications: Betamax, Prosulpin, Eglek, Eglonil.
According to the instructions Sulpiride has neuroleptic, antiemetic and antidepressant action.
In the opinion of Sulpiride in small doses is effective as an adjunct to psychosomatic diseases, in particular, the drug suppresses the negative mental symptoms of ulcer 12 duodenal ulcer and stomach. When irritable bowel syndrome Sulpiride reduces the intensity of abdominal pain and improves the clinical condition of the patient.
Also, the use of the drug in small doses effective for dizziness various etiologies. The drug produces a central antiemetic effect and stimulates the production of prolactin.
According to the instructions Sulpiride shown as monotherapy or in combination with other psychotropic drugs under the following conditions and diseases:
- acute delirious state;
- Depression different etiology.
The instructions to sulpiride contain the following contraindications:
- manic psychosis;
- hypersensitivity to one or more components of the drug;
- prolactin-dependent tumors (breast cancer, pituitary prolactinoma);
- affective disorders;
- Children up to age 14 years;
- Acute poisoning by analgesics, hypnotics, or alcohol;
- pregnancy and breastfeeding.
In addition, it is not recommended to take the drug or analogs of sulpiride in combination with dopamine agonists and sultopride receptors (apomorphine entacapone, ropinirole, pramipexole, amantadine, quinagolide, cabergoline, lisuride, bromocriptine, pergolide, pramipexole, piribedil). Exceptions are patients with Parkinson's disease.
Sulpiride tablets are contraindicated for further instructions:
- Lactase deficiency and malabsorption syndrome galactose / glucose;
- when galactosemia.
By Sulpiride reviews should be taken with caution in the elderly, as well as for the following diseases:
- arterial hypertension;
- severe heart disease;
- urinary retention;
- prostatic hyperplasia;
- hepatic or renal failure;
- neuroleptic malignant syndrome history.
Dosing and dosing regimen Sulpiride
According to the instructions Sulpiride tablets taken orally.
In acute delirious psychosis, acute and chronic schizophrenia initial dosage is typically 600-1200 mg per day, divided into several times.
When depression effective dosage of the drug sulpiride or analog of 150 to 600 mg per day, divided into several times.
If dizziness Sulpiride Review is effective in a dose of 150-200 mg per day. The duration of treatment is two weeks.
In chronic and acute psychosis Sulpiride prescribed by instructions in the form of a solution for intramuscular administration. Begin therapy dosages 400-800 mg per day. Advantageously, the treatment is continued two weeks in order to achieve the most effective dosage. As soon as the patient's condition allows, it should go to the reception sulpiride or analogues in the form of tablets.
Side effects of sulpiride
According to reviews Sulpiride cause the following side effects:
- Digestive system: nausea, constipation, heartburn, dry mouth, vomiting, increased activity of hepatic transaminases and alkaline phosphatase in the blood serum.
- Endocrine System: gynecomastia, frigidity and impotence, weight gain, sweating, reversible hyperprolactinemia, menstrual disorders.
- Cardiovascular system: the reduction or increase in blood pressure, tachycardia, prolongation of QT-interval.
- CNS: drowsiness, headache, dizziness, aphasia, extrapyramidal syndrome, oral automatism. Small doses of sulpiride on responses can cause irritability, sleep disturbances, agitation, impaired visual acuity.
- Allergic reactions: eczema, skin rash, itching.
Drug interaction Sulpiride
Simultaneous use of the drug or analogue sulpiride with:
- levodopa - reduces the effect of sulpiride;
- antihypertensive drugs - increases their hypotensive effect and increases the likelihood of orthostatic hypotension;
- drugs depressing the central nervous system, centrally acting antitussive drugs and clonidine - enhances their depressing effect on the central nervous system.
The preparation is stored in a dry, dark place for no longer than three years.