Stoptussin - drug with antitussive effect.
Stoptussin has expectorant and antitussive effect. The active ingredients of the drug - butamirata, which tend to anesthetize the mucous membranes of the bronchi and guaifenesin - reducing the viscosity of sputum, and promoting a better discharge of it.
Stoptussin release tablets and drops.
Stoptussin effective in dry and irritating cough, arising in inflammatory diseases of the lower, upper respiratory tract.
There is also a positive feedback about Stoptussine from patients to use it to eliminate the cough before or after surgery on respiratory organs.
Instructions Stoptussina: how to use
Take pills and drops after meals. Chewable tablets are not recommended, they are immediately swallowed, washed down with water, juice or tea.
Drops pre-bred - 100 ml of water, juice or tea.
The required dosage is determined Stoptussina by weight of the patient:
- and weighs less than 7 kg appoint 24-36 drops per day - 8 drops per reception;
- with a weight of 7-12 kg - 27-36 drops - 9 drops for the reception;
- with a weight of 12-20 kg - 42 drops per day - 14 drops Stoptussina for the reception;
- with a weight of 20-30 kg - 42-56 drops per day - 14 drops per reception;
- with a weight of 30-40 kg - 48-64 drops Stoptussina a day - 16 drops per reception;
- patients weighing up to 50 kg is recommended to take 2 pills a day - at ½ tablet for accepting or 75 drops - 25 drops per reception;
- with a weight of 50-70 kg can take 3 tablets a day, or 90 drops of - on a tablet or 30 drops for the reception;
- with a weight of 70-90 kg - 4, 5, or tablet 120 drops per day - 1, 5 or 40 tablets for receiving droplets;
- weighs more than 90 kg - 6 Stoptussina tablets a day 1, 5 tablets per reception.
The interval between administration of tablets or drops is 4-6 hours.
Application Stoptussina instructions and in compliance with the prescribing physician is rarely a cause of negative side effects. But there are reviews of Stoptussine, indicating that it can cause vomiting, stomach pain, headache, nausea, drowsiness, diarrhea, dizziness, rash, urticaria.
A large number of active substances Stoptussina can cause impaired concentration.
Stoptussin of instruction should not be prescribed to infants, pregnant (in exceptional cases, medication may be administered only in 2-3 trimesters), lactation, hypersensitivity.
Babies under one year contraindicated drop Stoptussin and children up to 12 liters. - pills.
Alcohol and drug active substances are incompatible.