Stimuloton - synthetic antidepressant.
Pharmacological action Stimulotona
The active ingredient Stimulotona has expressed antidepressant activity, while the drug does not have a stimulating, sedative and anticholinergic properties.
Unlike other drugs that have antidepressant effects, Stimuloton, reviews, does not cause physical or psychological drug dependence. Furthermore, Stimuloton by instructions not promote weight gain.
Therapeutic effect Stimuloton has gradually. The antidepressant effect usually celebrated on 10-14 day of the regular dose, and steady improvement is observed after six weeks receiving Stimulotona.
Stimuloton drug release in the form oval tablets odorless containing 50 mg (marked "E271") and 100 mg (marked "E272") sertraline.
Excipients - calcium hydrogen phosphate dihydrate, magnesium stearate, sodium carboxymethyl starch, giproloza, microcrystalline cellulose.
10 tablets per pack.
By analogues Stimulotona containing a similar active substance are pills Asentra, Aleval, Seralina, Zoloft, and Torin Deprefolt.
Analogues Stimulotona mode of action are Aktaparoksetin drugs, Paxil, Oprah, paroxetine, Apo-Fluoxetine, pliz Sedopram, Prozac, Siozam, Flunisan and others.
According to the instructions, Stimuloton prescribed for:
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder in adults and children 6 years of age;
- Depression of various etiologies, including the state, accompanied by a sense of anxiety;
- Panic disorder with agoraphobia like, and without it.
A formulation as Stimulotona analogues with the same active ingredient, contraindicated in the following cases:
- At the age of 18, except for the treatment of mental disorders associated with compulsions (OCD);
- At simultaneous application with MAO inhibitors, and for at least two weeks after their withdrawal;
- In unstable epilepsy;
- When pregnancy;
- In case of hypersensitivity to the components Stimulotona.
Stimuloton according to the instructions prescribed with caution in:
- Organic brain disease, including mental retardation;
- Weight loss;
- Hepatic and renal insufficiency.
The dosage and duration of use of Stimulotona instructions depends on the nature of mental disorders.
Adults with obsessive-compulsive disorder, and depression Stimuloton appoint 1 tablet (50 mg) once a day.
In the treatment of panic disorders and post-traumatic stress for a week it is recommended to take 25 mg of the drug, after which the dose should be doubled. Gradually, when necessary, the daily dose can be increased up to the maximum - Stimulotona 2 tablets of 100 mg in one portion.
Usually lasting antidepressant effect in the treatment of depression is reached within a month.
In the treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorders, drug has a therapeutic effect is slower, resulting in maintenance therapy is usually prescribed dose, reduced to the minimum.
In the treatment of mental disorders associated with compulsions (OCD), children aged 13-18 Stimuloton administered in an initial dose of 50 mg once a day for children 6-12 years - half the size. Long-term maintenance therapy Stimulotonom at the instructions recommended in the lowest effective dose.
If the kidney function, as well as the elderly special Stimulotona titration is not required. When held against the background of the treatment of severe liver dysfunction should either reduce the dose or increase the interval between doses tablets.
According to studies, high doses of Stimulotona severe symptoms do not cause an overdose. However, when taking the drug at the same time with ethanol or ethanol-containing drugs may develop severe poisoning, the main symptoms are:
- Nausea, diarrhea and vomiting;
- Increased sweating;
- Psychomotor agitation;
Severe complications can occur while the application Stimulotona with:
- MAO inhibitors;
- Drugs that bind to plasma proteins, including diazepam, tolbutamide and warfarin.
In an application with drugs lithium Stimulotonom increases the likelihood of developing tremor.
Side effects Stimulotona
Like other antidepressants, Stimuloton, reviews, can cause disorders of the various systems:
- Peripheral and Central Nervous System - hypomania, fatigue, drowsiness, irritability, dizziness, tremor, headache, insomnia, akathisia, mania;
- Cardiovascular system - heart rate (in rare cases);
- Hematopoietic system - bleeding, including nose;
- Reproductive system - sexual dysfunction, dysmenorrhea;
- Digestive system - nausea, decreased or increased appetite, dry mouth, dyspepsia, stomach cramps, anorexia, flatulence, diarrhea, unstable stool, vomiting;
- The senses - visual impairment;
- Metabolism - weight loss.
The most common dermatologic reactions caused Stimulotonom include increased sweating, and "tides" of blood to the face and flushing of the skin.
If you have a predisposition stopping Stimulotona, reviews, may cause withdrawal symptoms.
In some cases, the drug Stimuloton and analogues can lead to the development of mania or hypomania.
Stimuloton refers to antidepressants, holidays of pharmacies are possible only if the recipe. Shelf life of tablets - not more than five years.