Spazmalgon - a drug that is a combination of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents, antispasmodic and M-anticholinergics. On the mechanism of action of the drug Spazmalgon belong to the group of analgesics with a pronounced antispasmodic effect.
The mechanism of action is based on the pharmacological effects of the substances included in the spazmalgona.
Spazmalgon: the drug
The composition includes the following spazmalgona active ingredients:
- Metamizole - a substance belonging to a group of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents, derivatives of pyrazolone. This drug has a strong analgesic (painkiller) effect, as well as anti-inflammatory and antipyretic (fever reducer) action. The mechanism of action of this drug is inhibiting the cyclooxygenase path converting arachidonic acid, resulting in decreased production of proinflammatory prostaglandins, thromboxane and prostacyclin. Metamizole sodium equally inhibit both isoforms of cyclooxygenase - COX-1, COX-2. Thus, the analgesic effect is part of the spazmalgona Metamizole is based on the oppression of the influence of inflammatory mediators at the end of the pain receptors;
- pitofenone hydrochloride - a substance from the group of the piperidine Myotropic antispasmodic. Has papaverinopodobnym action effectively reduces the tone of smooth muscles. The presence of this component in spazmalgona helps eliminate pain caused by spasm of smooth muscle is viscera;
- fenpiveriniya bromide - a drug from the group M-anticholinergics. It causes a reduction of spasm of smooth muscles located in the internal organs, reduces the motility of the gastrointestinal tract as well as biliary and urinary tracts.
Included in the spazmalgona components rather quickly absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract, their maximum plasma concentration observed one hour after application spazmalgona. Bioavailability amounts to about 85%.
Spazmalgon: indications for use
Due to its unique composition spazmalgona testimony to his appointment quite extensive.
Pelleted Spazmalgon used in the symptomatic treatment of mild to moderate pain, especially in the following diseases:
- Pathology of the urinary system with pain and violation of urination, including inflammatory diseases and urolithiasis;
- Spazmalgon used for intestinal and stomach cramps and other gastrointestinal pathology, accompanied by spasms of smooth muscle cells;
- ZHVP dyskinesia.
When pain syndrome accompanying dysmenorrhea, as well as the pathology of the musculoskeletal system may use a tablet spazmalgona.
Indications spazmalgona in injectable form - high relief of pain intensity in patients with renal colic and other pathology MAM postcholecystectomy syndrome, biliary colic and other diseases of the abdomen and pelvis.
Methods of application spazmalgona
According to the instructions, in the form of tablets Spazmalgon administered orally without crushing the pill at the same time, plenty of drinking water. According to the testimony Spazmalgon can take half the dose, this should break the tablet along the line.
The duration of treatment and dosage spazmalgona depend on the particular nosological unit and are determined exclusively by a doctor.
Spazmalgona Dosage for adults and adolescents from 15 years of usually 1-2 tablets, which are taken 2-3 times a day.
The dosage for children 13-15 - 1 tablet with the same multiplicity of reception (no more than three tablets per day).
The dosage for children 9-13 years - half a tablet up to three times a day.
According to the instructions, Spazmalgon not recommend the use of longer than three days.
According to the testimony Spazmalgon can be assigned a doctor in another dosage.
The drug according to instructions in Spazmalgon injectable form can be used only for intramuscular administration. The dosage and frequency of use spazmalgona injections are determined by the attending physician.
Contraindications spazmalgona and analogues
According to the instructions, can not be used when Spazmalgon:
- hypersensitivity to forming part spazmalgona substances;
- allergies to other drugs of the NSAID group;
- the proposed surgical pathology;
- severe renal or hepatic disease;
- angle-closure glaucoma;
- obstruction of the digestive tract;
Spazmalgon and analogues of the drug can cause a number of side effects: nausea, vomiting, malaise, dry mouth, exacerbation of gastritis and peptic ulcers, high blood pressure, accelerated heart rate, agranulocytosis, leukopenia, anemia, headache, irritability, difficulty urinating, allergic reactions (itching, hives, Lyell's syndrome, toxic epidermal necrolysis).
If the application spazmalgona or analogs having the above effects, be sure to contact the hospital.
Application spazmalgona during pregnancy
Reliable data, talking about the safety of spazmalgona during pregnancy, no.
On sale are an endless number of unique spazmalgona: Baralgetas, Baralginus, take, Bralangin, maksigan, Realgin, Renalgan, Reonalgon, spazgan, Spazmadol, spasms, Spazmogard, Plenalgin and other drugs.
Spazmalgon and analogues of the drug should be taken only on prescription. Be sure to read the instructions in detail to spazmalgona before applying.