Sonapaks - antipsychotic medication.
Structure and Composition
Sonapaks produced in the form of pellets 10, 25 and 100 mg containing the active substance - thioridazine hydrochloride 10, 25 and 100 mg, respectively.
Auxiliary components: corn starch, stearic acid, colloidal silica, talc, lactose, gelatin.
60 pills in blisters.
Pharmacological action sonapaks
According to the instructions Sonapaks is an antipsychotic drug. Step sonapaks due to its active substance (thioridazine hydrochloride), which is a derivative of phenothiazine.
Application sonapaks has on the nervous system central and peripheral effects, produces a weak antidepressant effect, and weak antipsychotic antiautichnoe action.
The mechanism of action of the central sonapaks due to the ability of the active substance to inhibit certain functions of the brain stem. The mechanism of action of peripheral sonapaks is holinoliticheskoe, α-Adrainoliticaskie and an antihistamine effect.
In the opinion of Sonapaks not cause suppression of motor activity, it has no anti-emetic action and less of other neuroleptics provokes extrapyramidal disorders.
Sonapaks - indications for use
According to the instructions Sonapaks shown in the following cases:
- withdrawal syndrome (alcoholism and substance abuse);
- psychotic disorders that cause hyperactivity and agitation;
- Huntington's disease;
- moderate to severe depression in adults;
- neuroses, accompanied by feelings of fear, anxiety, depressed mood, sleep disturbances, intrusive state;
- psychomotor agitation of various nature;
- Diseases of the skin, accompanied by intense itching;
- manic-depressive psychosis;
- behavioral disorders with increased psychomotor activity in children.
Dosing and dosing regimen sonapaks
According to the instructions Sonapaks intended for ingestion. Dose selected individually by the attending physician, depending on the indications for sonapaks.
Typically, initial dosage taken two to four times per day. This mode provides a clear dose-dependent effect, which manifests itself in gradations from mild sedation at a dose of 10-75 mg per day to express neuroleptic sonapaks when applied at a dose of 100-300 mg per day.
Application sonapaks in adult psychiatry
When such indications to sonapaks as acute psychosis, mania, schizophrenia and depression azhitatsionnye, the initial dosage of the drug for outpatients is 50-200 mg per day. In the treatment in the hospital starting dose is 100-300 mg per day. Started treatment with low dose - 25-75 mg for a day. Gradually increase the dose until the optimum. The duration of treatment sonapaks according to the instructions of a few weeks. Abolition sonapaks also be carried out gradually.
Application sonapaks in child psychiatry
According to the instructions Sonapaks for children shown in the following dosages:
- 4-7 years - 10-20 mg per day, divided into 2-3 doses;
- 8-14 years - 20-30 mg per day, divided into three stages;
- 15-18 - 30-50 mg per day, divided into three doses.
The instructions to sonapaks contain the following contraindications:
- progressive systemic disease of the brain and spinal cord;
- QTc syndrome Q-T;
- severe cardiovascular insufficiency;
- traumatic brain injury;
- blood disease with hypo- or aplastic processes;
- the age of four;
- ventricular cardiac arrhythmia;
- coma of any origin;
- acute depression;
- pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- severe hypotension;
- sinoatrial or atrioventricular block third degree;
- hypersensitivity to tioridazolu, other derivatives of phenothiazine or to another component sonapaks;
- Hypokalemia or hypomagnesemia incurable.
Side effects sonapaks
In the opinion of Sonapaks cause the following side effects:
- Cardiovascular system: decrease in blood pressure, increased heart rate. In high dosages of Sonapaks reviews is lengthening the interval Q-T.
- Hematopoietic system: there were sporadic reviews sonapaks indicating the occurrence of agranulocytosis, eosinophilia, pancytopenia, aplastic anemia, granulocytopenia, leukopenia, thrombocytopenia.
- Central nervous system: confusion, tardive dyskinesia, agitation, parkinsonism, excitement, and dystonic extrapyramidal disorder, insomnia, loss of consciousness, emotional disturbances, reducing the seizure threshold.
- Digestive system: sialoschesis, diarrhea, increased or decreased appetite, nausea, vomiting, hypertrophy of tongue papillae. In the opinion of Sonapaks in rare cases can cause cholestatic jaundice.
- Urogenital system: decreased libido, dysuria, dysmenorrhea, abnormal ejaculation, paradoxical ischuria, hyperprolactinemia, priapism, gynecomastia.
- Endocrine system: weight gain, false-positive results of a pregnancy test.
- Special Senses: blurred vision, photophobia.
- Allergic reactions: skin rash, erythema, nasal congestion, angioedema, bronchoconstriction, exfoliative dermatitis.
In the case of prolonged use of Sonapaks reviews can cause melasma.
The drug is stored in a cool, dry place for no longer than three years.