Somnol - psychotropic drug hypnotic and soothing effect.
Pharmacological action Somnola
The active substance is zopiclone Somnola - chemical compounds belonging to tsiklopirrolonam than it differs fundamentally from the other sedatives and hypnotics, benzodiazepine and related barbiturate row. Somnol contributes to the rapid fall asleep after sleep onset supports it without breaking the phase change, and improving the quality of sleep. Effect of the drug occurs within thirty minutes after administration and lasts 6 to 8 hours, which corresponds to the length of the normal physiological sleep. Compared with barbiturates and benzodiazepines, Somnol much less likely to cause drowsiness and weakness after sleep.
There are reviews of Somnole, indicating that the drug helps to eliminate the headaches, and in patients suffering from bronchial asthma, it results in a reduction in the frequency of attacks night and morning, a positive effect also on the duration and intensity.
Somnol has a short half-life of the organism - from 3, 5 to 6 hours, even after prolonged use the drug itself and its metabolites are not cumulated in the body.
Dosage form and composition
Somnol produced in the form of biconvex tablets of white coated, with a mark on the front side.
1 tablet contains 7 + 5 mg zopiclone excipients: potato starch, anhydrous calcium hydrogenphosphate, magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide, sodium glycolate, povidone, aerosil, dye.
The tablets are packaged in blister, 1 blister of 10 tablets. The package contains one or two blisters.
Analogues are drugs Somnola imovan and Zopiclone, having in its composition is the same active ingredient.
In accordance with the instruction Somnol shown in the following conditions:
- Primary insomnia: difficulty falling asleep, frequent nocturnal awakenings, insufficient sleep (early awakening), and transient situational insomnia, chronic insomnia;
- Secondary sleep disorders in various mental disorders;
- Bronchial asthma is characterized by night and early morning attacks, as part of combination therapy (in combination with taking theophylline).
Instructions for use Somnola
Effect of the drug is independent of meal times, according to the instructions Somnol take before bedtime, for 30-40 minutes, washed down with clean water. Excess dosage strongly recommended.
The duration of treatment with this drug depends on individual indications, and should be monitored by the attending physician. The average course of therapy is Somnolom:
- When situational insomnia - 2-3 weeks;
- When transient insomnia - 2-5 days;
- In chronic insomnia - 1 week but not more than 4;
- In the treatment of nocturnal asthma attacks set individually.
The initial dose for patients suffering from renal, hepatic, pulmonary insufficiency and elderly patients is 3, 75mg (half tablets), if necessary further dose may be increased to conventional (7 mg).
Instructions Somnola prohibits taking the drug for more than 4 weeks in a row, the need for the continued use of the drug for a longer period decided by the attending physician after passing a medical examination the patient again.
Reviews Somnole both from professionals and from the patients suggest that the drug may be associated with a number of undesirable effects, such as:
- From the nervous system - the feeling of drowsiness and weakness on waking, headache, seizures, dizziness, anterograde amnesia, depressed mood. The result of applying Somnola may be the appearance of paradoxical reactions, such as increased irritability, up to aggression, decrease the rate of mental reactions (total inhibition), impaired coordination, concentration and memory, confusion, depression. After discontinuation of the drug may rebound insomnia;
- On the part of the digestive tract - dyspepsia symptoms of varying intensity, a metallic or bitter taste, dry mouth;
- From laboratory indicators - increase in liver transaminases and alkaline phosphatase in the blood serum;
- Immune system - various allergic reactions, mostly urticaria, pruritus, rarely - angioedema.
According to the instructions Somnol contraindicated in the following conditions:
- Individual hypersensitivity to zopiclone or other components of the drug;
- Sleep apnea (sudden delay of breathing during sleep);
- Myasthenia moderate and severe;
- Respiratory failure, severe;
- Severe renal impairment;
- Severe hepatic impairment;
- Age of 18 years;
Attention! Long-term use of the drug is drug dependence, and reviews of Somnole from patients say withdrawal occurs when you stop taking this sleep aid.
Use of the drug in combination with alcohol unacceptable.
Somnol not be used to treat depression, as it masks the symptoms of the disease and may contribute to the weighting of the status.
This tool can cause general lethargy and reduced reaction rates, so the treatment is necessary to avoid activities related to the speed of reaction, including driving and other vehicles.
Somnol can enter into undesired interactions with other drugs, changing effects exerted by them. Therefore, the appointment Somnola if necessary taking other medicines should be done with the consent of the attending physician.
Storage and holiday Somnola
Store in a dry place, out of reach of direct light, with air temperature not exceeding 25 ° C. Keep away from children!
Somnol available on medical prescription, not intended for independent use.