Simvastol - a drug to lower cholesterol and blood lipids.
The active ingredient is simvastatin Simvastola - a compound obtained by fermentation of molds Aspergillus terreus. This chemical blocking one of the early stages of the synthesis of cholesterol in the body, namely inhibits the enzyme being the catalyst mevalonate. It contributes to lowering levels of triglycerides, LDL, and very low density lipoprotein (LDL and VLDL) and cholesterol concentration in blood plasma. Characteristically, Simvastol not lead to the formation of potentially toxic sterols. It increases the level of high density lipoprotein (HDL). It promotes the optimization of LDL to HDL cholesterol and total cholesterol to HDL cholesterol.
According to the reviews of Simvastole from experts, the drug begins to have a significant therapeutic effect 2 weeks after the start of the reception, reaching a maximum after 4-6 weeks. The action of the drug is reversible after discontinuation of the drug indicators of cholesterol and lipids return to previous values.
Release form and composition Simvastola
Simvastol available as tablets of pink, yellow, and brown color depends on the amount of active substance in the composition of the tablets. Pink contains 10 mg of simvastatin, yellow - 20mg, brown - 40mg respectively.
Apart from simvastatin in the tablets include excipients Simvastol: ascorbic acid, citric acid monohydrate, lactose monohydrate, butylhydroxyanisole, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, pregelatinized starch, dyes.
The tablets are packaged in blisters on 14sht, 1 package contains 1 or 2 blister.
By analogues Simvastola include a number of drugs with the same active ingredient in the composition - simvastatin, but produced by other manufacturers and differing auxiliary components: Aktalipid, AvestatinAterostat, Vasilip, Vero simvastatin, Zovatin, Zorstat Ovenkor, Zocor, Zocor forte SimvaGEKSAL, Simvakol, Simvalimit, Simvakard, Simvastatin Simvastatin-Verein, Simvor, Simgal, Simla, simvastatin Alkaloid Simplakor, Holvasim, Sinkard, Simvastatin Pfizer.
In accordance with the instruction Simvastol indicated for use in the following pathologies:
- Primary hypercholesterolemia type IIa and IIb in patients with risk of coronary atherosclerosis with the ineffectiveness of non-drug treatment, namely a diet aimed at weight loss coupled with increased physical activity;
- Hypercholesterolemia combined with hypertriglyceridemia, and the ineffectiveness of non-pharmacological treatment;
- When diagnosed with coronary heart disease (CHD) in order to slow the progression of coronary atherosclerosis, the prevention of acute disorders of the cardiovascular system: stroke, myocardial infarction, transient (transient) heart attacks and ischemic brain;
- In preparing for the revascularization procedures in order to reduce the risk of postoperative complications.
Instructions for use Simvastola
Reviews Simvastole by cardiologists indicate that the drug is more effective with a diet aimed at reducing the total cholesterol in the blood. Such a diet should be maintained throughout the course of treatment with this drug. In accordance with the instruction Simvastol taken orally, once daily, in the evening, squeezed tablet with sufficient water.
Dosage is selected according to the individual indications, the average dose ranges from 5 to 20 mg per day. Treatment Simvastolom start with small doses, the lack of effectiveness of clinical response within 4 weeks, increase the dose to 10 mg per day, you can increase the dosage every 4 weeks under the supervision of laboratory blood parameters. The maximum daily dose is usually 40mg Simvastola, under certain conditions is allowed to increase to 80mg.
In therapy Simvastolom and counterparts noted the following undesirable effects:
- On the part of the digestive system - the symptoms of dyspepsia, hepatitis, pancreatitis;
- Nervous system - headache, dizziness, sleep disturbances, fatigue, paresthesia, convulsions, taste perversion, blurred vision, peripheral neuropathy;
- Cardio-vascular system - tachycardia, shortness of breath;
- From laboratory indicators - increased activity of alkaline phosphatase, creatine phosphokinase, liver transaminases, increased erythrocyte sedimentation rate, thrombocytopenia, eosinophilia;
- On the part of the musculoskeletal system - muscle and joint pain, myasthenia, myopathy, rhabdomyolysis, arthritis;
- On the part of the immune system - the use Simvastola can cause many allergic and autoimmune processes are: rash, fever, photosensitivity, angioedema, vasculitis, polymyalgia rheumatica, lupus-like syndrome;
- For the skin - itchy skin, rash, dermatomyositis, alopecia;
Other: flushing, anemia, loss of libido and potency, impaired renal function.
According to the instructions Simvastol contraindicated in the following conditions:
- Individual hypersensitivity to simvastatin and other statin drugs number;
- Abnormal liver function;
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding.
Not to carry out research on the safety of Simvastola in people younger than 18 years of age, so taking it undesirable that category of patients.
In the parallel use of other drugs and analogues Simvastol be nominated with extreme caution, since the combination of it with some of the drugs causes an increase in toxic effects on the body, in other cases there is a violation of their assimilation and metabolism of drugs.
Storage and release
Tablets Simvastol stored in a dry place, out of reach of direct light, at temperature not exceeding 20 ° C. Shelf life 3 years.
Keep away from children.
Simvastol on medical prescription only, not intended for independent use.