Sibutramine - a synthetic medication used in the treatment of alimentary obesity.
Sibutramine is the active ingredient of the same applies to drugs, accelerating the onset of satiety. This leads to a decrease in food consumption, without the psychological stress, and as a result, to reduce weight.
Medicines containing sibutramine with no release of monoamines and do not belong to an MAO inhibitor. Also, the drug has no affinity for adrenergic, serotonergic, muscarinic, dopaminergic, benzodiazepine, histamine and NMDA receptors.
Sibutramine analogues of the active substance is Goldline drug, Meridia, Lindaksa and Sliema.
If necessary, the physician may be replaced by one of medicament Sibutramine analogues with similar therapeutic effects. These include Reduxine comprising as active ingredients sibutramine and microcrystalline cellulose and the active substance Fepranon amfepramone.
The drug sibutramine under the instruction prescribed in the complex maintenance treatment of overweight:
- When alimentary obesity (body mass index - from 30 kg / m 2 or more);
- When alimentary obesity (body mass index - of 27 kg / m2 or more), if there are other risk factors associated with overweight, including hyperlipidemia and diabetes of the second type.
Use of sibutramine for weight loss is contraindicated:
- For serious eating disorders such as bulimia nervosa or anorexia nervosa;
- When the organic causes of obesity;
- Against the background of Tourette's syndrome;
- Against the background of mental illness;
- When occlusive peripheral arterial disease;
- Against the background of coronary heart disease, congenital heart disease, chronic heart failure in the stage of decompensation;
- When uncontrolled hypertension;
- Against the background of arrhythmia, tachycardia, and various cerebrovascular events, including transient;
- Against the backdrop of severe violations of the liver and kidneys;
- In hyperthyroidism;
- Against the background of pheochromocytoma;
- In benign prostatic hyperplasia with the formation of residual urine;
- During pregnancy and lactation;
- When installed pharmacological, drug or alcohol addiction;
- Against the background of glaucoma;
- If hypersensitivity to the active substance or the same name the other components included in the medication.
Sibutramine is contraindicated for instructions used in conjunction with certain medicines, such as:
- With MAO inhibitors;
- With antidepressants, neuroleptics, tryptophan or other drugs, which have an inhibitory effect on the central nervous system;
- With any other drugs that target the reduction in body weight.
Special care is required for the appointment of Sibutramine weight loss:
- Against the background of hypokalemia and hypomagnesemia;
- Along with the medication, contributing to an increase in the interval QT;
- Against the background of the liver and kidneys, is mild to moderate severity;
- In epilepsy;
- Along with the drugs that can cause high blood pressure and heart rate, including some medicines for colds, coughs and allergies.
Due to the lack of studies on sibutramine instructions are not assigned to people older than 65 years.
Sibutramine is typically administered in an initial dose of 10 mg per day. If weight loss is too slow (less than 2 kg per month), in the absence of significant side effects associated with taking the drug, the daily dose was increased to 15 mg. If the rate of weight loss is not increasing at the same dosage, the use of Sibutramine overturned.
Typically, the drug is used at least one year. If during the first three months of therapy fails to achieve a sufficient level of weight loss (less than 5% of the original level), application Sibutramine overturned. Also, medication overturned if during therapy observed weight gain.
Sibutramine is prescribed only in cases when any other measures taken not lead to weight loss (less than 5 kg for three months).
Treatment should be carried out comprehensively. This should include changing nutritious diet and increased physical activity. That is a change habitual way of life, caused by obesity, is a prerequisite for saving the result achieved weight loss with sibutramine.
During treatment should monitor blood pressure and changes in heart rate. Also during the examination should pay attention to the pain in the chest, there is swelling, progressive dyspnea.
It is not recommended during the use of sibutramine to drink alcohol.
Side effects Sibutramine Slimming
Because disorders of the digestive system often when using Sibutramine Review there is a loss of appetite, dry mouth, constipation and nausea may occur less frequently transient increase in liver enzymes.
Also, while taking Sibutramine Review disorder may arise other systems, which are expressed as:
- Sweating, insomnia, headaches, anxiety, dizziness, paresthesias, seizures and changes in taste (central and peripheral nervous system);
- Henoch purpura, and thrombocytopenia (coagulation);
- Palpitations, tachycardia, a slight increase in blood pressure, reddening of the skin with a feeling of warmth, worsening of hemorrhoids (cardiovascular system).
In some cases, the use of Sibutramine on responses can cause acute interstitial nephritis, a marked increase in blood pressure and mesangiocapillary glomerulonephritis.
In most cases, the occurrence of side effects with use of sibutramine for weight loss occurs in the first month of therapy, and their frequency and severity decreased over time.
During treatment, it should be noted that while use of sibutramine with ketoconazole, erythromycin, troleandomycin, cyclosporine and other drugs that inhibit the activity of isozyme CYP3A4, may increase plasma concentrations of metabolites sibutramine, which contributes to a slight increase in the interval QT.
The risk of serotonin syndrome increases with simultaneous use of Sibutramine with:
- Agonist of 5-HT1-receptors;
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, such as fluoxetine, citalopram, sertraline, and paroxetine;
- Opioid analgesics;
- Ergot derivatives;
- Antitussive drugs of the central action.
Sibutramine related to prescription drugs with standard storage conditions.