Sedan M - combination drug with analgesic effect.
The pharmacological action of the M sedan
Active ingredients that are part of the M sedan, has antipyretic and analgesic effect and eliminate the symptoms of influenza and acute respiratory infections:
- Metamizole has an analgesic effect and also has a strong antispasmodic effect on the smooth muscles of the biliary and urinary tracts;
- Phenobarbital, which is part of the M sedan, has antispasmodic and sedative effect;
- Codeine improves pain tolerance and strengthens the analgesic effect;
- Paracetamol has an antipyretic and analgesic effect;
- Caffeine, having a tonic effect, increases blood pressure in patients with arterial hypotension and physical performance, reduces the feeling of fatigue and drowsiness, increased heart rate;
The drug is available in tablets with a smooth white surface. The structure of the M sedan includes the following active ingredients:
- 300 mg acetaminophen;
- 15 mg phenobarbital;
- 150 mg metamizole sodium;
- 10 mg of codeine phosphate;
- 50 mg of caffeine.
Other ingredients that are part of the M sedan - magnesium stearate, lactose, sodium carboxymethyl starch, corn starch, glycerol, povidone K25.
10 or 20 pieces per pack.
Analogues of the M sedan active substance is drugs Kvintalgin, Pentalgin Nova Sedalgin-Neo-ICN Pentalgin and Santoperalgin.
Indications sedan M
According to the instructions of M sedans used for the relief of mild or moderate pain in the following cases:
- Pain in muscles and joints;
- Traumatic and post-operative pain;
- Painful menstruation.
In addition, the M sedan is indicated for fever and pain in acute inflammatory diseases of the upper respiratory tract, influenza and other infectious and inflammatory diseases.
M sedan is contraindicated to apply at:
- Severe disorders of the kidneys and liver;
- Blood disorders including leukopenia and hemolytic anemia;
- Traumatic brain injury;
- Pregnancy and lactation;
- Lack of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase;
- Gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcers, especially in the acute phase;
- State, accompanied by respiratory depression;
- Increased intracranial pressure;
- Acute myocardial infarction;
- Hypersensitivity to the sedan M.
Also on the M sedan instructions not to appoint up to 12 years, and in old age, the drug should be taken with caution.
How to use sedan M
Seda M for manual take up to four times daily 1-2 tablets, but no more than six per day.
Before the drug as an analgesic duration of the course should not be longer than 5 days. If the M sedan taken as a febrifuge, duration of reception of 3 days.
In overdose sedan M can lead to depression of the central nervous system with the following symptoms:
- Slower reflexes;
- Respiratory depression;
- loss of consciousness;
- Dry mouth;
- Significant weakness.
For treatment of overdose seem artificial vomiting, administration of activated charcoal, gastric lavage with water and symptomatic therapy.
Simultaneous administration of the M sedan with some drugs can lead to undesirable effects:
- When taken with other non-opioid analgesics may increase toxic effects;
- Action sedan M weaken barbiturates and phenylbutazone;
- Toxicity Metamizole increase contraceptives and tricyclic antidepressants;
- Tranquilizers and sedatives increase the analgesic effect of a sedan-M.
M sedan at the instructions can cause violations of some systems and cause the following side effects:
- Drowsiness, dizziness, decreased psychomotor speed;
- Granulocytopenia, leukopenia, agranulocytosis;
- Rash, hives, itching;
- Vomiting, nausea, constipation.
Chronic administration of M sedan at high doses may:
- The weakening of the analgesic effect;
- The liver and kidneys;
- Drug dependence.
Storage conditions Sedan M
M sedan on the testimony can be purchased without a prescription. Do not store the pills for more than 36 months (the recommended storage temperature - 25 ° C).