Rispolept (international name - Risperidone) refers to a group of antipsychotic drugs that have a sedative effect, and hypothermic. The drug blocks the reticular adrenergic receptors of the brain and eliminates productive symptoms of mental disorders (hallucinations, obsessions, delusions).
Structure and Composition
The main active ingredient - risperidone 1 mg.
Supporting components: sodium hydroxide, tartaric and benzoic acid, purified water.
Rispolept available as a solution of 1 ml for oral administration, a powder for suspension and intramuscular administration of tablets of 1 to 4 mg per pack of 10 pcs.
Pharmacological action rispolept
Rispolept is a neuroleptic, antiemetic and has a calming effect. Antipsychotic effect achieved by blocking the D-2 dopamine receptor medium of nerve pathways in the brain. By blocking the trigger zone dopamine D-2 receptor eliminated the gag reflex.
Preparation weakly suppresses motor activity and has a balanced effect on the central nervous system.
Positive feedback received Rispolept as a drug with a broad spectrum of action and high efficiency treatment of schizophrenia.
Analogues are rispolept Rileptid, Risset, RISP and Speridan. These drugs are effective antipsychotic drugs that suppress aggressive behavior status and applied for the treatment of manic and depressive psychosis. RISP and Risset as rispolept counterparts, have enhanced hypotensive and sedative effect.
Rispolept prescribed for the treatment of the following diseases and psychiatric disorders of the central nervous system:
- schizophrenia and psychotic disorders with productive and negative symptoms (hallucinations, aggression, detachment and depression, scarcity of speech);
- affective disorders;
- aggressive behavioral disorders with impaired activity (delirium, agitation, physical aggression, outbursts of rage).
Good reviews Rispolept is like a drug for the prevention and treatment of destructive behavior and behavioral disorders in children, adolescents and adult patients asocial.
Instructions for use rispolept
In accordance with the instructions Rispolept should be taken 1-2 times a day for 2-4 mg. The dosage of the drug is determined by the attending physician, depending upon the patient's diagnosis.
In schizophrenia Rispolept should be taken 2 times a day for 4 to 6 mg. By increasing the dose to 10 mg extrapyramidal symptoms can appear, so it is safer dosage of 6 mg per day. During treatment for schizophrenia rispolept other antipsychotics should be abolished.
For the elderly and teenagers daily dose should not exceed 2 mg. Patients with increased drowsiness and hypotension is recommended to take 1 mg of the drug per day.
For the treatment of behavioral disorders the initial dose rispolepta is 0, 25 mg 2 times a day, subsequent doses - 1 mg 2 times a day.
If mania and psychosis drug is given by 2 3 1 mg once a day. The dosage can be increased in severe stages of the disease.
According to the instructions rispolept dosage for conduct disorder depends on the patient's body weight:
- body weight of 50 kg and more - 1 mg per day, taken every other day;
- weight less than 50 kg - 0 25 mg per day, taken every other day.
When the first symptoms of psoriasis receiving rispolept should be lifted immediately.
Contraindications to receiving rispolept are hypersensitivity and intolerance to the components of the drug, pregnancy and lactation, a brain tumor, intestinal obstruction, drug dependence, liver and kidney failure, children under 15 years.
With careful preparation is indicated for Reye syndrome, cardiovascular diseases, dehydration, Parkinson's disease, hypovolemia, convulsions, circulatory disorders.
Side effects rispolept
Rispolept may cause the following side effects:
- the central nervous system - headache and dizziness, insomnia, anxiety, drowsiness, fatigue, blurred vision, tremor, stroke;
- on the part of the digestive system - nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, indigestion, stomach pain, hypersalivation, anorexia, a sharp change in body weight;
- of the cardiovascular system - hypotension, tachycardia, bradycardia, arrhythmia, congestive heart failure;
- on the part of the circulatory system - thrombocytopenia, neutropenic fever;
- on the part of the genitourinary system - menstrual disorders, abnormal erection, urinary incontinence.
During treatment rispolept may appear allergic reactions - allergic rhinitis, skin rash, itching, hives, dermatitis, seborrhea, angioedema, hyperpigmentation.