Ringer's solution - a means to restore the electrolyte balance in the blood loss and other shock.
The drug replenishes lost fluids, promotes detoxification, restores electrolyte balance of the body. Effectively, but briefly restores blood volume (CBV), as quickly goes into the extravascular space. Action Ringer recovery BCC lasts no more than 30-40 minutes, which should be considered when providing emergency assistance.
Detoxication effect of this tool is based on the effect of thinning and increased blood volume, thereby reducing the concentration of toxins in the blood.
Composition of Ringer's solution
The composition of Ringer's containing the following compound (based on 1 liter of solution):
- Sodium chloride (NaCl) - 8, 6d;
- Calcium chloride (CaCl
) - 0, 33g;
- Potassium chloride (KCl) - 0, 3 g.
- Sodium hydroxide (NaOH);
- Hydrochloric acid (HCl);
- Water for injection.
In terms of the chemical unit within Ringer solution (1L) containing ions:
- Natriya (Na +) - 147mmol;
- Kaliya (K +) - 4mmol;
- Kaltsiya (Ca2 +) - 2, 25mmol;
- Chlorine (Cl-) - 155 6mmol.
Theoretical osmolarity substance: 309 mOsm / l.
The drug is a colorless, transparent solution, with turbidity and / or precipitation means the use is not subject to.
Available in the following forms:
- In soft plastic bottles intended for droppers. Volume 1 500ml bottle, 10 bottles in a box;
- In glass vials 200 and 400 ml, in multiples of 1, 15 or 28 vials.
In accordance with the instruction Ringer intended for use in the practice of emergency treatment under the following conditions:
- Collapse, shock of different etiologies;
- Thermal injury (burns, frostbite);
- Intestinal fistula;
- Intestinal obstruction;
- Poisoning of any etiology, accompanied by persistent vomiting;
- Severe acute intestinal infections with severe diarrhea syndrome, with subsequent development of dehydration;
- Acute peritonitis;
- Therapeutic plasma exchange;
- Metabolic alkalosis origin, followed by dehydration.
Instructions for use of Ringer's solution
This drug substance is intended for parenteral administration. In accordance with the instruction Ringer's solution is administered intravenously, setting the average rate of 60-80 drops per minute (250 ml / hr), or bolus (during emergency care on rehydration).
The daily dose for children is established at the rate of 5 to 10 ml per 1 kg of body weight, the rate of introduction of 30 to 60 drops per minute, emergency indications the dosage may be increased to 20-30ml / kg.
The daily dose for adults - at the rate of 10-20ml per 1 kg of body weight, according to emergency indications may be increased to 30-50ml / kg.
In general, the daily dose is from 2 to 6% of body weight.
The course of treatment is determined individually on average from 3 to 5 days.
- If necessary, the prolonged use of Ringer's solution requires control of diuresis and electrolyte blood plasma;
- If necessary, the jet injection of a large volume of the drug requires monitoring of plasma electrolytes and blood pH (the risk of acidosis);
- Possibly undesirable effects with other drugs, such as NSAIDs, cardiac glycosides, however, if necessary, the parallel use of Ringer's solution, and other drugs physician must be made aware of the therapy.
When used in accordance with the instruction Ringer well tolerated. Side effects of the drug are mainly associated with its overdose. Perhaps the development of the following adverse effects:
- Hypokalemia (decreased potassium levels in plasma);
- Allergic reactions.
To eliminate the side effects are usually sufficient to reduce the dosage of the drug, in the case of allergy - to interrupt administration of Ringer's solution and conduct desensitizing action.
Ringer's solution is contraindicated in the presence of the following diseases:
- Increased individual sensitivity to the drug;
- Gipernatiemiya (increased sodium levels in plasma);
- Hyperchloremia (increase the level of chlorine in the plasma);
- Swelling of the brain;
- pulmonary edema;
- Renal insufficiency;
- Heart failure decompensation;
- Receiving corticosteroids.
During pregnancy and lactation the use of Ringer's solution may strictly for health reasons, information on its safety, as well as its toxicity in these states are absent.
Rules and terms of storage
Store at ambient temperature 15-25 ° C, out of direct sunlight, in a sealed package for 2 years. Keep away from the reach of children.
Pre-freezing is not an obstacle to the use in the absence of damage to the packaging and preservation of the transparency of the solution after thawing.
Holiday in the pharmacy is strictly prescription drug is not intended for independent use.