Rennie - a drug to reduce stomach acidity.
Rennie medicament contains in its composition two active substances: calcium carbonate and magnesium carbonate. This alkaline salts, which when released into the stomach and in contact with the hydrochloric acid react neutralization, which resulted in the formation of water soluble salts of calcium and magnesium plus water. Apart from neutralizing stomach acid, magnesium salt stimulate mucus production by cells of the gastric mucosa, which enhances the protection of the gastric wall from the corrosive action of digestive juice, containing, in addition to hydrochloric acid, caustic digestive enzymes. Thus, the impact of Rennie is a comprehensive protection against aggressive gastric intragastric environment.
According to the available reviews Renny begins to exert its effect directly as chewable formulation and hit him in the stomach, that is, in a few minutes after ingestion.
Note that the use of Rennie intended for the symptomatic treatment, i.e. drugs relieve symptoms without eliminating the cause of the generation of hydrochloric acid secretory cells of the gastric mucosa. The purpose of such treatment - relief of the patient, not the cure.
Release form and composition
The drug comes in the form of flavored chewable tablets rectangular white by 6pc in a blister, 2 or 4 blisters per pack.
Varieties Rennie tablets menthol aroma, with the scent of orange pills, tablets, sugar with mint aroma.
The preparation consists of the following components:
- Calcium carbonate - 0, 68g;
- Magnesium carbonate - 0, 08g;
- Auxiliary compounds including flavors.
Rennie tablets with orange flavor and aroma of menthol contain in their composition 0, 475g of sugar, which should be considered in patients suffering from insulin-dependent form of diabetes.
Rennie analogs are drugs whose action is directed to the inactivation of the hydrochloric acid produced in the stomach. From this standpoint, the simplest and most ancient Rennie analogue can be considered a solution of baking soda (sodium bicarbonate).
To modern counterparts Rennie include alumina gel, Fosfalyugel and other drugs, having in its composition of an aluminum compound and protects the stomach wall from excessive activity of digestive juice.
According to the instruction accept Rennie in pathological conditions associated with an increased acidity of the stomach as a result of hypersecretion of hydrochloric acid.
The indication for Rennie are following pathology:
- Heartburn different backgrounds, including Heartburn during pregnancy;
- Chronic gastritis with normal acidity in the acute stage;
- Chronic gastritis with high acidity during exacerbation;
- Gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer in the acute stage;
- Acute duodenitis, followed by heartburn;
- Erosive damage the gastric mucosa;
- Dyspepsia, characterized by epigastric pain and acid regurgitation.
It is also an indication for Rennie can serve the need for long-term use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are irritating to the stomach lining.
Instructions for use Rennie
In accordance with the instruction Rennie taken orally dissolving (liquid) tablet in the oral cavity prior to its dissolution. Wash down with water medication is not necessary, since water reduces its concentration in the stomach.
Rennie take at the onset of symptoms (heartburn, epigastric pain, or the appearance of acid regurgitation), regardless of the meal. A single dose is 1 tablet, with a strong testimony to Renny, you can take 2 tablets at the same time. In the absence of the drug, or only short-term relief, after 2 hours the medication can be repeated. The maximum daily dose for adults is 16 tablets, but it should take into account that if you want a large amount of drug necessary to an urgent appeal to the doctor, as the cause of this increased acid production Rennie will not eliminate.
There are reviews of Rennie by gastroenterologists, justifying its use in children. However, it is also necessary to consider the importance of medical monitoring.
What is the duration of the course or use Rennie does not exist, as the drug is taken sporadically, with the appearance of painful symptoms.
Most reviews of Rennie show its good tolerability and absence of pronounced side effects in the absence of drug abuse. However, after applying Rennie clinically undesirable reactions such as the following:
- Discomfort, discomfort in the stomach;
- Compensatory increase gastric acidity some time after drug inactivation in the stomach;
- The development of diarrhea;
- Allergic reactions to the skin: itching, rash, erythema (rare).
- Individual hypersensitivity to constituents of the preparation;
- Diseases causing increasing calcium levels in the blood (parathyroid abnormality, osteoporosis, etc.);
- Chronic renal failure and other renal impairment;
- Anatsidnyh gastritis.
1. In accordance with the instructions Rennie approved for use during pregnancy and breastfeeding, but in this case it is necessary to put a doctor aware of the existing problems with the stomach.
2. Application Rennie prevents proper metabolism and absorption of other drugs, so the parallel taking other medication should be diluted in time with the reception Rennie, the interval between this and the other medications must be at least 1 hour.
3. Note that active drug deactivates gastric juice, reducing its effectiveness against the stomach received food. Therefore, the application of Rennie from the diet should be excluded indigestible foods such as red meat, sausages, beans, mushrooms, fatty, fried, smoked food.
4. Frequent need for drugs is the reason for the passage of gastroenterological examination.
Storage and release
Rennie drug to be stored for 5 years, at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C, in a dry place out of direct sunlight.
Keep away from the reach of children.
At pharmacies without prescription.