Relium - synthetic anxiolytic agent used in states of anxiety, tension, anxiety and fear.
The active substance Reliuma has anxiolytic and anticonvulsant effects and hypnotic bland and the central muscle relaxant effect. Many drugs affect the central nervous system structures, after reaching a maximum effect 40-90 minutes after administration.
Relium manufactured as coated tablets yellow containing 5 mg of active ingredient - diazepam. Excipients - gelatin, potato starch, Tween 80, talc, lactose, magnesium stearate, quinoline yellow. 20 tablets in blisters.
Reliuma analogues of the active substance are medicines Sibazon, Apaurin, Seduxen, Relanium Sibazon-Verein.
According to the instructions Relium prescribed for:
- Neuroses, borderline states with symptoms of fear, anxiety, stress, anxiety;
- Preparation for surgery and diagnostic procedures;
- Sleep disorders;
- Alcohol withdrawal syndrome, to reduce the symptoms of excitation;
- Motor stimulation of different etiologies.
Furthermore, Relium used in adjuvant therapy in the treatment of diseases which are associated with increased skeletal muscle tone, including cerebral spastic states after stroke, as well as in the treatment of epilepsy, while the use of other anticonvulsants.
Relium contraindicated for instructions apply when:
- Serious condition of respiratory failure;
- Form-closure glaucoma;
- Myasthenia gravis;
- Hypersensitivity to benzodiazepines;
- Impaired consciousness.
Relium should not be applied to children up to one year, and during lactation.
The possibility of using Reliuma during pregnancy is solved individually by your doctor.
Reliuma depressant effect on the central nervous system enhance all drugs with similar effects, namely, sleeping pills, antidepressants, anticonvulsants, antipsychotics, narcotic analgesics, and drugs that reduce blood pressure, the central action.
In overdose Reliumom symptoms such as drowsiness, slurred speech, loss of consciousness and coma.
The dosage and duration of treatment Reliumom selected individually according to the instructions. For most adults, the following doses:
- To reduce the symptoms of excitation of alcohol withdrawal syndrome Relium administered 2 tablets four times a day during the first days. On subsequent days, if necessary, taking 5 mg 3-4 times a day;
- When sleep disorders Relium Review effective single dose of 5-15 mg, which was taken before bedtime, in a state of fear - to two tablets 2-4 times daily;
- In the treatment of diseases which are accompanied by increased skeletal muscle tone, Relium take 2-10 mg up to 4 times a day;
- In epilepsy Relium used in combination with other drugs 3-4 times a day for 2-10 mg.
The maximum daily dose Reliuma should not exceed 60 mg per day.
The drug is administered to children in pediatric patients one year. The daily dose for children Reliuma 1-3 years is 2-5 mg, 3-7 years - 5-7 mg.
In elderly people by Relium instructions prescribed with caution in small doses - for 2-2 5 mg up to two times per day. If well tolerated, and no significant side effects, the dose can be gradually increased.
Also, the reduced dose is recommended in renal impairment.
The duration of therapy is carried out Reliumom usually 4 weeks and must include the time gradually reducing the dose. Reliuma abrupt withdrawal can lead to mood disorders and sleep, and in some cases - to mental disorders. Symptoms of drug withdrawal is especially pronounced when abrupt cancellation after prolonged therapy or the use of large doses.
To avoid complications Relium of reviews should be used strictly on prescription.
Most often Relium Review causes fatigue, drowsiness, impaired coordination of movement and fatigue. Several less Relium causes:
- Dizziness and headache;
- Blurred vision;
- Lowering blood pressure;
- Violation of urination;
- Decreased libido;
- Yellowness of the skin;
- Disorders of the digestive tract such as nausea or constipation;
- Slurred speech;
- Allergic skin reactions;
- Paradoxical reactions including insomnia, agitation and fear.
When paradoxical reactions Reliumom treatment should immediately terminate.
Long Reliuma systematic use can lead to drug dependence, as well as withdrawal symptoms in the case of abrupt withdrawal. Furthermore, prolonged use of the drug in some cases leads to the development of the phenomenon of tolerance.
During treatment Reliumom, and for three days after its completion, drink alcoholic beverages is not recommended so as not to provoke paradoxical reactions such as aggressive behavior and agitation.
In lower Reliuma may cause smoking.
Relium relates to potent drugs, prescription with a recommended shelf life of 36 months.