Reglan - antiemetic drug that blocks dopamine receptors, presented in two dosage forms:
- Tablets round, flat, white, with beveled edges. 1 tablet contains 10 54 mg of metoclopramide hydrochloride monohydrate (active agent) and auxiliaries (potato starch, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, gelatine, precipitated silica);
- A solution for intramuscular and intravenous administration. 1 ampoule preparation contains 10 mg of metoclopramide hydrochloride - the active component - and Excipients: sodium chloride, sodium sulfite, disodium EDTA, water for injection.
The pharmacological action of Reglan
According to the instructions Tserukalu, the drug has antiemetic effect, normalizing the work of the digestive tract
. Metoclopramide - the main active component of the drug - selectively blocks serotonin and dopamine receptors, preventing the passage of pulses of receptors in the brain and reducing the sensitivity of the nerve cells responsible for transmitting impulses from the duodenum to the vomiting center, located in the medulla oblongata
. Due to influence the preparation work of the autonomic nervous system, Reglan restores motility of upper gastrointestinal
. Under the action Cerucalum bounces back tone of the smooth musculature of the stomach and intestinal walls, resulting in the evacuation of ingested food decreases the duodenum and small bowel motility improving
. In addition, Reglan promotes normal separation of bile, reducing the symptoms of dyskinesia of the gallbladder and preventing the appearance of cholestatic jaundice
. According to the instructions to Tserukalu, the active ingredient of the drug has a direct effect on the sphincter of Oddi, reducing the symptoms of his spasms
Although antiemetic effect of the drug Reglan, in the opinion of patients is not able to exert a therapeutic effect on the vestibular and vomiting psychogenic.
After oral administration Reglan almost completely absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract to reach the maximum concentration of metoclopramide in the blood for an hour. The main therapeutic effect of the agent is stored for 12 hours. Reglan Metabolism occurs in the liver. The drug is excreted in the urine: intact as well as metabolites.
After intramuscular or intravenous Cerucalum therapeutic effect reaches its maximum after 10-15 minutes and 1-3 minutes, respectively.
Indications for Tserukalu are conditions associated with disturbances in the digestive tract, which include: heartburn, irritable bowel syndrome, functional pyloric stenosis. The efficacy also applies to nausea and vomiting of different origin (caused by medication, disorders of the liver and kidneys, migraine, traumatic brain injuries), gastroparesis, which developed because of diabetes. Furthermore, Reglan used as a means of reducing retching for diagnostic studies of the gastrointestinal tract (especially duodenal intubation).
Use of Reglan is not recommended for:
- Bowel obstruction;
- Bleeding from the gastrointestinal tract;
- Gastrointestinal perforations;
- Availability prolaktinozavisimoy tumor;
- Epilepsy and seizures.
The drug is not indicated for the presence of hypersensitivity to metoclopramide and sodium sulfite, especially for patients suffering from bronchial asthma and other allergic diseases. Reglan is not intended for use in pregnant women in the first trimester of pregnancy and children up to 3 years. In the second and third trimesters of pregnancy, the use of the drug is possible only in the case of vital indications. Reglan on the testimony received with caution by patients with arterial hypertension, asthma, people suffering from disorders of the liver, increased sensitivity to procainamide and procaine.
Reglan Side Effects
According to the reviews Tserukalu, use of the drug can cause the following side effects:
- On the part of the central nervous system: dizziness, tinnitus, headache, fatigue, anxiety, depression, anxiety;
- Cardio-vascular system: tachycardia, agranulocytosis, blood pressure changes;
- From the gastrointestinal tract: dry mouth, impaired stool, changes in sense of taste;
- From endocrine system undesirable symptoms can manifest as changes in the amount of estrogen, accompanied by menstrual irregularities and gynecomastia;
- Allergic reactions: rash, pruritus.
With an overdose of the drug may irritability, confusion, convulsions, hyperkinesis, bradycardia, extrapyramidal movement disorders, increased or decreased blood pressure. According to the reviews Tserukalu, lung poisoning symptoms disappear 24 hours after discontinuation of the drug. In more severe disorders symptomatic treatment is recommended.
During treatment the patient is recommended to give up alcohol and activities potentially hazardous activities requiring psychomotor speed of reaction and attention.
Reglan interaction with drugs
Metoclopramide while the use of other drugs reduces the absorption of digoxin and cimetidine and accelerates the absorption of antibiotics, ethanol and paracetamol. The efficiency while taking Reglan with anticholinergics reduced. The introduction of injection drug promotes more rapid splitting of vitamin B1 - thiamine.
This guide to the Tserukalu presented for informational purposes only. Before using the drug contact your doctor.