Reduxine - combined drug for the treatment of obesity.
The composition and the form of Reduxine
Reduxine produced in the form of capsules blue. One capsule contains active ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose - 158, 5 mg sibutramine hydrochloride monohydrate - 10 mg.
Also let Reduxine as blue capsules containing active ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose - 153, 5 mg sibutramine hydrochloride monohydrate - 15 mg.
The auxiliary component Reduxine: calcium stearate.
10 pieces in blisters.
Sibutramine - prodrug, active metabolite by inhibiting the reuptake of monoamines. By using Reduxine a rapid feeling of fullness, reducing the need for food increases termoproduktsiya.
Microcrystalline cellulose - enterosorbent with a non-specific effect of detoxification and absorption properties. It removes toxins, various microorganisms and their metabolic products, xenobiotics.
According to the instructions Reduxine indicated for weight loss in obesity.
According to the instructions Reduxine contraindicated in the following cases:
- mental illness;
- alcohol, narcotics or drug dependency;
- hypersensitivity to the drug;
- Organic causes of obesity, such as hypothyroidism;
- syndrome of Gilles de la Tourette (generalized tics);
- age 18 years and older than 65 years;
- benign prostatic hyperplasia;
- pregnancy and lactation;
- uncontrolled hypertension;
- severe renal dysfunction or liver;
- Coronary heart disease, congenital heart disease, decompensated chronic heart failure, tachycardia, cerebrovascular disease, arrhythmias, peripheral arterial occlusive disease;
- angle-closure glaucoma;
- eating disorders (bulimia nervosa or anorexia).
In the opinion of Reduxine not worth combined with MAO inhibitors (fenfluramine, ethylamphetamine, phentermine, dexfenfluramine, ephedrine), drugs have effects on the central nervous system, as well as drugs prescribed for sleep disorders, of which consists of tryptophan. Application Reduxine recommended to start no earlier than two weeks after the cancellation of these drugs.
Be wary appoint Reduxine for instructions:
- with hypertension;
- arrhythmia in history;
- neurological disorders;
- renal impairment or hepatic impairment or mild to moderate severity;
- with cholelithiasis;
- when verbal and motor tics in history;
- diseases of the coronary arteries.
Dosing and dosing regimen Reduxine
According to the instructions Reduxine intended for ingestion. Take it once a day. The dosage is individual, depending on the performance and efficiency. Typically, the initial dose is 10 mg. Capsules are taken in the morning on an empty stomach or with a meal combine.
If during a month after the start of weight reduction Reduxine not reached 5%, the dose should be increased to 15 mg per day. The total duration of treatment should not last longer than two years.
In the opinion of Reduxine cause the following side effects:
- Cardiovascular system: palpitation, vasodilation, tachycardia, increased blood pressure.
- Central nervous system: headache, insomnia, dry mouth, restlessness, dizziness. There were sporadic reviews Reduxine indicating the occurrence of depression, frequent mood swings, cramps, irritability, drowsiness.
- Digestive system: loss of appetite, worsening of hemorrhoids, nausea.
- Dermatological reactions: itching, sweating, Henoch-Schonlein purpura.
- Other side effects: swelling, dysmenorrhea, thirst, bleeding, acute interstitial nephritis, thrombocytopenia, rhinitis, flu-like symptoms.
In the opinion of Reduxine it causes side effects mainly in the first month after the start of its application. Over time, their intensity weakens. In general, side effects are not heavy and reversible.
Reduxine Store in a cool dry place for no longer than 36 months.