Ranitidine - a synthetic anti-ulcer drug.
The active ingredient Ranitidine reduces the amount of gastric juices caused by stretching of the stomach that food load, as well as the influence of some hormones and biogenic stimulants such as histamine, gastrin, acetylcholine, caffeine and pentagastrin.
When using Ranitidine amplified protective mechanisms of gastric mucosa, reduced amount of HCl in the gastric juice, while substantially not suppressed "liver" enzymes are not altered production of mucus.
Application ranitidine indications promotes healing lesions of the mucosa, which are associated with exposure to HCl. The healing effect of the drug due to increased formation of gastric mucus.
Ranitidine instructions when using a therapeutic dose of 150 mg for 8-12 hours suppresses gastric acid secretion.
Ranitidine release in the dosage form:
- Tablets containing 0, 15 and 0, 3 g of active material, 10, 20, 30 or 100 pieces per pack;
- Solution for injection, in 2 ml ampoules.
The analogs are the drugs Zantac Ranitidine, Ranisan, Rantak, Ulran, Atsilok, Ranigast, Ulkodin, which contains the same active ingredient.
Ranitidine is used for instruction by:
- Gastric ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcer in the acute stage;
- Inflammation of the esophagus to the damage of the integrity of its mucosa (erosive esophagitis);
- Inflammation of the esophagus, which is caused by throwing him of gastric contents (reflyuksezofagit);
- Combined benign tumor of the pancreas and stomach ulcers (Zollinger-Ellison syndrome);
- When symptomatic ulcers, including the rapidly developing stomach ulcers and 12 duodenal ulcer, which have arisen as a result of stress, medication or certain diseases of other organs.
Also, according to indications Ranitidine is indicated for the prevention of:
- Defeats upper gastrointestinal tract;
- Exacerbation of peptic ulcer disease;
- Hit gastric airways in operations under anesthesia.
Ranitidine is contraindicated according to the instructions apply:
- When pregnancy;
- This increased sensitivity to the drug;
- When lactation;
- At the age of 14 years.
Ranitidine prescribed with caution in violation of renal excretory function.
Ranitidine prescribed for adults based two tablets (0, 15 g) twice a day or one tablet (0, 3 g) once before bedtime. Duration of reception - up to two months.
Using the drug for the prevention of relapse of peptic ulcer appoint one tablet Ranitidine (0, 15 g) into the bedtime for up to a year at a constant endoscopic control.
In the case of Zollinger-Ellison Ranitidine administered one tablet (0, 15 g) three times a day, but if necessary, the daily dose was increased to 2-3 tablets of 0, 3 g
To prevent bleeding and stress ulceration Ranitidine is used by intravenous or intramuscular injection at 0, 05-0, 1 g every 6-8 hours. When administration of ranitidine teenagers aged 14-18 years prescribed twice a day for 0, '15
In renal failure with creatinine levels greater than 3, 3 mg / 100 ml of the prescribed calculation Ranitidine 0, 075 g twice daily.
When using ranitidine reviews can be observed:
- Skin rash;
In rare cases, Ranitidine causes hair loss, and in some cases use may lead to confusion and hallucinations.
Prolonged high doses of Ranitidine may increase prolactin levels, cause gynecomastia, amenorrhea, impotence, decreased libido, leukopenia. In rare cases the use of ranitidine reviews may lead to the development of hepatitis.
According to the instructions Ranitidine should be stored no longer than 36 months.