Rabies vaccine - medication that induces the production of immunity against the rabies virus.
Release form and composition
Rabies vaccine produced in the form of a lyophilisate for solution for injection (hygroscopic white mass), 1 ml of which contains a vaccine for the prevention of rabies (rabies virus-specific antigen, a strain of "Vnukovo-32") in the amount of 2, 5 IU.
Excipients: saccharose, human albumin, gelatin.
In the 1 ml ampoule together with the solvent (water for injection).
Rabies vaccine, according to the instructions, apply to:
- Therapeutic and prophylactic immunization of persons whose work is related to the capture and keeping of stray animals (for contacts and bitten by a rabid, rabies suspects or unknown animals);
- Preventive immunization of people at high risk of exposure to rabies (hunters, veterinarians, rangers, slaughterhouse workers, foresters, taxidermists).
Contraindications for use of the drug for the purpose of therapeutic and prophylactic immunization available.
Use of anti-rabies vaccine for preventive immunization is contraindicated in:
- Systemic allergic reactions to previous administration of the vaccine (angioedema, generalized rash);
- Chronic diseases in the stage of decompensation or exacerbation;
- Acute infectious and non-communicable diseases;
- Allergic reactions to antibiotics.
The drug should not be used during pregnancy.
Dosage and Administration
Rabies vaccine administered intramuscularly in the deltoid muscle of the arm, children under 5 years - in the anterolateral surface of the femur (the upper part). The rump vaccine is not allowed.
Diagrams and immunization dose for adults and children are no different.
Before use, the contents of the ampoules are dissolved in water for injection 1 ml. Store the reconstituted vaccine can not be more than 5 minutes.
Preventive immunization scheme includes:
- Primary immunization - 0, 7 and 30 days, 1 ml;
- The first booster after 1 year - 1 ml once;
- Subsequent booster, conducted every 3 years - 1 ml once.
Treatment is not appointed in cases where no direct contact with the rabid animal (or licks and no damage of the skin).
Treatment of rabies vaccines by instructions begin immediately following scheme: 0, 3, 7, 14, 30 and 90 days to 1 ml, in the following cases:
- Or licks on intact skin;
- The presence of abrasions, single bite or scratch the surface of the trunk and limbs (except for the head, face, neck, genitals, hands, fingers and toes), which are marked by agricultural and pets.
If the animal for 10 days remain healthy after the third injection treatment ceased. If unable to confirm this, immunization is carried out completely under the scheme.
Immediate combined treatment consisting of the application of the 0 th day heterologous (equine) rabies immunoglobulin 40 ME / kg homologous (human) rabies immunoglobulin 20 ME / kg, and rabies vaccine at 0, 3, 7, 14, 30 and 90 day 1 ml is required when:
- Any or licks on the mucous membranes;
- Any bites the head, genitals, neck, face, hands, fingers and toes;
- Multiple and single deep bites any localization applied agricultural and domestic animals;
- Or licks and any damage caused by wild carnivores, rodents and bats.
When observing the animals for 10 days can confirm that it is healthy, the treatment was stopped after the third vaccine.
After administration of the vaccine at the injection site may occur itching, redness, increase in regional lymph nodes.
In addition to local side effects with rabies vaccine sometimes may develop symptoms such as headache, malaise, fatigue, and in some cases there are neurological disorders.
After vaccination must be within half an hour under medical supervision. With the development of neurological complications the patient should be hospitalized immediately and spend symptomatic therapy with allergen and antihistamine drugs.
Places where vaccination is carried out, must be equipped with means of antishock therapy. Upon completion of a course of immunotherapy the patient was given a certificate indicating the type and series of vaccines, vaccination rate and a description of post-vaccination reactions.
Rabies assistance includes local treatment of scratches, abrasions and wounds that should be carried out as soon as possible in a shorter time, and the introduction of anti-rabies vaccines.
The course of treatment does not depend on the duration of treatment of the victim assistance, which may even be a few months after contact with an unknown, suspicious or sick animals for rabies.
By ineffectiveness of vaccine may lead steroids and immunosuppressants.
Vaccinated should be informed that throughout the course of vaccinations and six months after it banned the use of any alcoholic beverages. It is also recommended to avoid hypothermia, exhaustion and overheating.
Vaccinations can be carried out not earlier than 1 month after recovery (remission) of acute infectious and non-infectious diseases, chronic diseases in the stage of decompensation or exacerbation.
Do not use anti-rabies vaccine in vials labeled with impaired and integrity, as well as in cases of change in transparency and color, improper storage of the drug and after its expiration date. Reveal the vials and carry out the procedure of vaccination must be aseptically.
According to the active substance analogues rabies vaccines are medicines Coca Rabivak-Vnukovo-32 Rabipur.
Terms and conditions of storage
The vaccine is released for medical institutions.
Shelf life - 24 months.
Stored and transported rabies vaccine at 2-8 ° C. Within 2 days can be transported and stored at a temperature of medicament to 25 ° C.