Propanorm - antiarrhythmic drug.
Structure and Composition
The drug is released in the form of round biconvex tablets of white color. One tablet contains active substance - propafenone hydrochloride - 150 or 300 mg. Auxiliary components: microcrystalline cellulose, granulated, macrogol 6000, dimethicone emulsion silica, sodium lauryl sulfate, corn starch, 5 hypromellose, titanium dioxide, croscarmellose sodium, copovidone.
The blister packs of 10 pieces.
Propanorm analogues are Profenan, propafenone, Ritmonorm.
Pharmacological action propanorm
Antiarrhythmics class IC, Propanorm blocks sodium channels. Antiarrhythmic effect is due to direct membrane stabilizing and Valium action on myocardiocytes, and thanks to the blockade of calcium channels and adrenergic β-adrenergic receptors.
In the opinion of Propanorm takes effect an hour after ingestion. Effect of the drug lasts for 8-12 hours.
According to the instructions Propanorm shown in the following cases:
- treatment and prevention of atrioventricular re-entry tachycardia;
- treatment and prevention of ventricular and supraventricular arrhythmias;
- treatment and prevention of paroxysmal arrhythmias (Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome, atrial flutter and atrial fibrillation);
- Prevention monoformnoy stable ventricular tachycardia.
Propanorm instructions for the following contraindications:
- bundle-branch block;
- severe hypotension;
- sinoatrial block, disturbance of intraatrial;
- intraventricular bifastsikulyarnaya blockade and AV-block II and III;
- myocardial infarction;
- digoxin intoxication;
- syndrome, "bradycardia-tachycardia";
- hypersensitivity to the drug;
- childhood and adolescence up to 18 years.
Be wary appoint Propanorm according to the instructions at:
- kidney or liver failure;
- electrolyte abnormalities;
- congestive heart failure;
It is also prescribed with caution Propanorm and its analogs elderly patients.
Dosing and dosing regimen propanorm
According to the instructions Propanorm taken orally after a meal. The dosage regimen for each individual patient depending on the severity of symptoms.
Typically, the drug and analogs Propanorm administered in a dose of 150 mg three times a day. Gradually increase the dose up to 600 mg daily, divided into two steps. The maximum daily dose - 900 mg, divided into three doses.
If during therapy marked expansion of QT interval and QRS duration greater than 20%, there was a prolongation of PQ interval greater than 50%, an increase of frequency and severity of arrhythmias, QT prolongation greater than 500 msec., It is necessary to reduce the dosage or a time to stop therapy with, or analogs propanorm.
Patients with advanced age and weighing less than 70 kg Propanorm Review required small initial doses.
If abnormal liver function dosage as instructed propanorm should be no more than 30% of normal. If the kidney function - no more than 50% of normal.
In the opinion of Propanorm causes the following side effects from the functioning of the body systems:
- AV-dissociation, bradycardia, angina, ventricular tachyarrhythmias, worsening heart failure, AV-block, supraventricular tachyarrhythmias, sinoatrial block, disturbance of intraventricular conduction;
- dry mouth, taste change, diarrhea or constipation, decreased appetite, nausea, bitter taste in the mouth, feeling of heaviness in the epigastric, cholestasis, liver function abnormalities, cholestatic jaundice;
- dizziness, headache, diplopia, blurred vision, convulsions;
- thrombocytopenia, increased bleeding time, the appearance of antinuclear bodies, agranulocytosis, leukopenia.
- reduced potency, oligospermia;
- rash, skin rash, itching, hives, redness, lupus syndrome;
- hemorrhagic rash, bronchospasm, weakness.
Overdose propanorm Review can cause the following symptoms:
- vomiting, nausea;
- dry mouth;
- decrease in blood pressure;
- disturbance of intraventricular conduction and intraatrial;
- paroxysmal polymorphic ventricular tachycardia;
- prolongation of the interval QT;
- extrapyramidal disorder;
- pulmonary edema;
If symptoms of overdose propanorm of reviews is necessary gastric lavage, defibrillation, enter the diazepam, dobutamine and spend symptomatic therapy.
Application propanorm during pregnancy
Perhaps the use of the drug and analogs propanorm during pregnancy in the case of the balance of risks to the mother and fetus.
Propanorm and its analogs are not recommended to be combined with lidocaine, as there is a strengthening cardiodepressive effect.
In an application with propanorm:
- increased plasma concentrations of cyclosporine, indirect anticoagulants, digoxin, metoprolol, propranolol;
- enhanced warfarin;
- tricyclic antidepressants, beta-blockers, anti-arrhythmic action is amplified;
- local anesthetics increases the risk of CNS;
- quinidine and propafenone cimetidine increases the concentration in plasma;
- rifampicin reduced concentration propafenone plasma.
- Amiodarone increases the risk of tachycardia type "pirouette";
- drugs which depress AV-node and sinoatrial node, increasing the risk of side effects;
- drugs which depress the bone marrow blood, increases the risk of myelosuppression.
Propanorm refers to the list of drugs B. Keep it in a cool dry place for no longer than 24 months.