Pradzhisan - hormonal medication containing progesterone, which is used for luteal insufficiency.
Pharmacological action Pradzhisana
Progesterone (active ingredient Pradzhisana) - a hormone of the corpus luteum, which causes the transition endometrium from proliferative phase to secretory.
- Reduction of excitability and contractility of the muscles of the uterus and fallopian tubes;
- Increase glucose utilization;
- The development of normal endometrium;
- Increased production of aldosterone;
- The accumulation of glycogen in the liver.
For vaginal application of progesterone Pradzhisana communicates with the vagina mucosa disentangling continuously for at least three days.
Pradzhisan produced in the form:
- Homogeneous white vaginal gel, 1 g of which contains 80 mg of active substance (progesterone). The vaginal plastic applicators 1, 35 g of the disposable;
- Light yellow oily oval capsules white suspension. Each capsule contains progesterone in an amount of 100 mg and 200 mg. 10 capsules in blister.
By analogues Pradzhisana of the active ingredient are Progesterone Iprozhin, Kraynon, Utrozhestan, and mechanism of action - Medroxyprogesterone-LENS and Oxyprogesterone kapronat.
Pradzhisan according to the instructions indicated for the treatment of:
- Infertility caused by luteal insufficiency;
- Secondary amenorrhea and dysfunctional uterine bleeding, which are caused by deficiency of progesterone.
Further, to maintain effective Pradzhisan luteal phase during use of the reproduction and additional methods as hormone replacement therapy in postmenopausal women with estrogen drugs simultaneously.
Pradzhisan contraindicated for instructions apply when:
- Vaginal bleeding of unknown etiology;
- Malignant tumors of the genitals or breasts, as well as in cases of suspicion on them;
- Incomplete abortion;
- Acute thrombosis or thrombophlebitis and thromboembolic diseases and acute ischemic stroke;
- Hypersensitivity to progesterone or auxiliary components of the drug.
In addition, the capsule Pradzhisan should not be taken against a background of severe liver disease, including hepatocellular carcinoma, hepatitis, cholestatic jaundice. This warning applies to the current disease, and a history of where liver function to normal values have not returned.
Be wary appoint Pradzhisan on the background:
- Bronchial asthma;
- Diseases of the cardiovascular system;
- Chronic renal failure;
Application Pradzhisana during pregnancy and lactation
Application Pradzhisana during pregnancy is not contraindicated, but the instructions indicated on the existing risk when taking the drug in the first four months of pregnancy. The incidence of abnormalities in the development of the child based on the results of numerous epidemiological studies have been identified.
However, please note that Pradzhisan pregnancy during the second and third trimesters can cause the development of liver disease in the expectant mother.
Reliable data on the impact of the drug on the child during breastfeeding is not.
When applied in the form of capsules Pradzhisana inwardly in deficiency of progesterone usually prescribed daily dose of 200-300 mg, which is divided into 2 doses (in the morning and evening). The duration of therapy is determined by the attending physician.
On the background of the luteal phase deficiency, which includes fibrocystic breast disease, premenstrual syndrome, dysmenorrhea and premenopausal Pradzhisana daily dose ranges from 200 to 400 mg, which is taken for ten days, usually with the seventeenth to the twenty-sixth day of the cycle.
In peri- and postmenopausal hormone replacement therapy take one capsule Pradzhisana (200 mg) a day for 10-12 days in patients receiving estrogens.
Vaginal capsules Pradzhisan apply:
- At absolute deficiency of progesterone in women with absent ovaries - for two months on an individual scheme;
- In preparation for in vitro fertilization to support the luteal phase - at 200-600 mg per day during the first two trimesters of pregnancy. With the threat of abortion and prevention of habitual abortion, associated with progesterone deficiency - 200-400 mg;
- To support the luteal phase of spontaneous or induced background menstrual cycle, and infertility, which is associated with dysfunction of the corpus luteum - for 10 days at 200-300 mg per day.
When applying a gel Pradzhisana usually administered one applicator per day (90 mg progesterone). The treatment course depends on the evidence:
- In luteal insufficiency, causes infertility - 10 days;
- In the application of additional reproductive technologies in order to maintain the luteal phase - for 12 weeks after the pregnancy.
Cases of overdose Pradzhisanom instructions are not described.
Drug interaction Pradzhisana
When applying Pradzhisana inside can reduce its effectiveness barbiturates, hydantoin, griseofulvin, carbamazepine, activated carbon and rifampicin.
The active ingredient of the medicament improves the pharmacological and therapeutic effects, and the toxic effects of theophylline, cyclosporin and troleandomycin.
Vaginal application Pradzhisana not recommended to mix with any other medications, to avoid breaking the release and absorption of progesterone.
Side effects Pradzhisana
In the first month of treatment capsule Pradzhisan, reviews, can cause tension in the mammary glands and a decrease in the normal menstrual cycle.
A few hours after admission may experience drowsiness, dizziness, and slight nausea. The intensity of these effects tend to be reduced by changing the formulation of a medicament.
In addition, the capsule Pradzhisan, reviews, can cause:
- The feeling of fatigue;
- Fluid retention;
- Skin rash;
In applying Pradzhisana a vaginal gel can occur the following violations:
- Abdominal Pain (digestive system);
- Drowsiness and headache (nervous system);
- Intermenstrual bleeding, breast tenderness, vaginal irritation at the site of application (reproductive system).
The most common allergic reaction during application Pradzhisana, reviews, a skin rash.
Pradzhisan progestin refers to a number of prescription medications with a shelf life of up to 24 months, subject to the standard conditions of storage at a temperature of 15-25 degrees Celsius.