Polyoxidony - drug detoxification and has immunomodulatory properties.
Pharmacological action Polyoxidonium
Application Polyoxidonium enhances the body's resistance to disease of an infectious nature
. Its action activates phagocytic function blood NK cells and increases antibody
. Polyoxidony able to normalize the status of immunity in severe stages of immunodeficiency, as well as in the form of secondary immunodeficiency due to the occurrence of malignant tumors, lesions of ionizing radiation such as after operations, transfer of severe burns and injuries, the treatment with cytostatics and hormones
. The drug is effective in reducing the toxicity of various substances and medicaments, increases resistance to cell membranes cytotoxic nature of these substances
. Applications not accompanied by Polyoxidonium carcinogenic, allergenic, mutagenic, and teratogenic
. The highest efficiency of administration of the drug is observed in conjunction with the traditional approach to the treatment of disease
- The drug is given in conjunction with the primary therapy for the treatment of recurrent infections of chronic type, poorly amenable to traditional methods of treatment;
- According to the instructions, Polyoxidony effective in diseases such as chronic and acute diseases caused by bacteria or viruses;
- In chronic forms of allergic diseases: eczema, asthma, atopic dermatitis, atopic dermatitis, hay fever, complicated by bacterial infection type;
- Application Polyoxidonium effective in Generalized and local septic diseases, including postoperative complications;
- The drug is administered after radiotherapy and chemotherapy in the treatment of patients with various cancers;
- To reduce the adverse effects on the liver and kidney caused the use of toxic medicines;
- Polyoxidony helps activate the body's regenerative abilities of trophic ulcers, fractures and burns;
- During the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and rheumatism;
- In tuberculous diseases of various locations;
- In chronic and acute types of infections of the urogenital system in both sexes: leukoplakia cervical dysplasia, cystitis, urethritis, viral diseases, erosion, prostatitis, endometriosis, ectopic, salpingo;
- Polyoxidony prescribed for HIV infection.
Children older than six months, in conjunction with the main drug prescribed therapy for the following diseases:
- Infectious diseases such as acute and chronic, caused by fungal, viral or bacterial pathogens;
- Intestinal dysbiosis;
- Allergic diseases such as acute and chronic, complicated by a bacterial infection: asthma, atopic dermatitis, eczema, atopic dermatitis type.
Instruction polioksidonija: how to use
Unlike their counterparts, Polyoxidony administered intravenously and intramuscularly at 6-12 mg (adults), once a day, every day, or 1-2 times during the week depending on the severity of the patient's disease and ethology. According to the instructions, polioksidony previously located in an ampoule or vial is dissolved in isotonic sodium chloride solution or in 2-3 ml of distilled water for subsequent intramuscular administration. The prepared injection solution Polyoxidonium long-term storage can not be. For intravenous drip of the drug contents of the vial or bottle must be dissolved in an isotonic solution of dextran or 2-3 ml saline. solution and aseptically fill the resultant solution vial 200-400 ml.
In the treatment of acute diseases infectious nature, as in the case with analogs polioksidoniya, a drug administered in conjunction with the main course of antibiotic therapy for intravenous or intramuscular injection at a dosage of 6 mg 1 time / day during the first three days, followed by 6 mg / day with an interval 24 hours. The general course of 5-10 injections. In chronic diseases polioksidony administered at 6 mg in an amount of 5 injections every 24 hours subsequent injections administered at intervals 2 times per week. General Course - 10 injections. According to the reviews of polioksidonija if TB infection is considered to be the most effective dose of 6 mg, with a total course of treatment - 10-20 injections, and frequency of administration - twice a week. In the treatment of malignant tumors before and after chemotherapy drug is given 12 mg, with the frequency of administration a day. General Course - 10 injections.
Vaginally administered with medication holding the primary treatment for diseases of the urogenital system in suppository dosage of 1 (12 mg) / day during the 3 days, then every 24 hours. The general course is - 10 suppozit. The drug is administered in the form of suppositories deep into the vagina in the supine position. Based on reviews polioksidonija after administration is recommended to keep the suppository prone position for an hour, so it is advisable to use the drug for the night.
In the treatment of various infectious diseases of the acute form in children Polyoxidony administered intravenously or intramuscularly at 0, 1-0, 15 mg per 1 kg of body weight of the child, with a periodicity of 1 times a day. A full course of treatment consists of 5-7 injections (for the treatment of chronic diseases of the dosage remains the same, but the drug is administered 2 times a week). As is the case with similar analogues Polyoxidony can be administered intranasally children (3-5 drops in each nostril once daily) or sublingually. To do this, a solution of 3 g in 1 ml of aqueous distillate. In the treatment of acute allergic conditions polioksidony administered intravenously at the rate of 0, 1 mg per 1 kg of weight, together with a antihistaminic drugs.
Given the reviews about polioksidonija, it can be argued that most of the drug is well tolerated, but in rare cases there is some soreness at the injection site after intramuscular drug application. Also, rarely can meet increased level of sensitivity to the components of this drug.
Contraindications to receive Polyoxidonium
The drug is not recommended for appointment during pregnancy and lactation.