Pefloxacin - broad-spectrum antibiotic related to fluoroquinolones group. Perhaps for the average man in the street name is not so familiar, such as Amoxiclav, Sumamed or Macropen, however, enough to see the spectrum of antibacterial activity pefloksatsina to say, the drug stands. Another factor is the relative unpopularity of the drug - the lack of effort on the manufacturer's marketing front, because a complete analog pefloksatsina - Slovenian Abaktal - much as it is known to the masses.
Pefloxacin is available in three dosage forms:
- Infusion solution, 100 ml which contained 400 mg pefloxacin. Volume glass vial - 100 ml. The vial, along with instructions to pefloksatsina embedded in the carton;
- Concentrate for solution for infusion in 5 ml of which contained 400 mg of pefloxacin. Primary packaging - 5 ml ampoules, which are put in a cardboard box for 5 or 10 pieces with instruction to pefloxacin and a knife for opening ampoules;
- Tablets containing 200 or 400 mg pefloxacin. In a blister pack - 10 tablets in a cardboard box - 1 or 2 blisters with instruction to pefloxacin.
The first two dosage forms are intended primarily for hospitals (you will not make the infusion at home, of course, if you are not at home and his personal nurse stands dropper), so this article will be largely devoted to the tablet form of pefloxacin.
Concentrate and tablets available under the trade name pefloksatsina-ICCO.
The manufacturer is the solution pefloksatsina Russian JSC "Krasfarma" concentrate and pellets - JSC "Synthesis".
One of the unique pefloksatsina - Abaktal by Slovenian company "Lek dd" - has already been mentioned. Here are the other pharmacological substitutes pefloksatsina:
- Yunikpef (India);
- Pefloksabol (Russia).
Pefloxacin specifically inhibits the bacterial enzyme DNA gyrase, which is why disrupted replication (synthesis daughter molecules) of DNA and formation of cell walls of microbes. Such insidious drug against bacterial pathogens allows it to provide a full bactericidal effect, ie it does not slow down their growth and development, and natural way destroys, erases from the face of the earth. Moreover, it does so against a very broad range of microorganisms. Among them, the lion's share of Gram-negative bacteria (Escherichia coli, Klebsiella, Proteus, Enterobacter, Morganella, Yersinia, Vibrio cholerae, Neisseria, moraksella, Salmonella, Shigella, and others.), Aerobic gram-positive bacteria (certain types of staphylococci and streptococci, Corynebacterium, Listeria) intracellular bacteria (chlamydia, legionella).
Pefloxacin, like any antibiotic used for bacterial infections caused by sensitivity to the:
- infections of the kidneys and urinary tract;
- pelvic infections, including adnexitis (inflammation of the uterine appendages), and has already become a byword prostatitis;
- gastrointestinal tract infections, including typhoid fever and salmonellosis;
- infection of the gallbladder and biliary tract, including cholecystitis (gallbladder inflammation), cholangitis (inflammation of the bile ducts) and empyema (accumulation of pus), gall bladder;
- intraperitoneal infection;
- bone and joint infections;
- infections of the skin and soft tissues, including staphylococci resistant to penicillin;
- infections of the lower respiratory tract;
- ear infections / throat / nose, including heavy otitis media and chronic sinusitis;
Brief guide to pefloxacin on application
It is impossible to identify some universal dose pefloxacin, as her choice - it is largely an individual process, taking into account the severity of the infection, its location and the sensitivity of microorganisms to pathogens.
Pefloksatsina according to the instructions take on an empty stomach with plenty of water. 1 is considered a standard dose tablet (400 mg) twice a day.
In gonorrhea drink 2 tablets (800 mg) pefloksatsina at once. The course of treatment is over.
Persons with impaired hepatic function the drug is prescribed in a reduced dosage in half, and when expressed violations also extend the time interval between doses.
Pefloksatsina has the following contraindications:
- idiosyncrasy of an antibiotic;
- lack of the enzyme glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (which causes hemolytic anemia);
- pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- age 18 years.
There are a number of indications for which pefloxacin should be used with caution: atherosclerotic vascular lesions of the brain, epilepsy, lack of functioning of the liver and kidneys.
When using pefloksatsina possible number of undesirable effects, including:
- depression, increased muscle tone with the risk of seizures, headaches, fatigue, sleep disorders;
- dyspeptic symptoms, so often characteristic of antibiotics (such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, abdominal pain, loss of appetite, flatulence);
- pseudomembranous colitis (clostridia defeat against the background of abuse of antibiotics);
- urolithiasis disease;
- allergic reactions;
- changes in the blood picture (decrease in the number of white blood cells, neutrophils, platelets, granulocytes, eosinophils);
- quickening heart rate;
Specific guidance on the application of pefloxacin
When infection with localization in the pelvis or caused by multiple pathogens pefloksatsina recommend taking along with other antibacterial drugs, acting on anaerobic bacteria (metronidazole, clindamycin).
To avoid such unpleasant side effects pefloksatsina as urolithiasis, while on the course of treatment with this drug should consume plenty of fluids.
There is one caveat unmentioned above: pefloxacin can cause skin hypersensitivity to light, so taking it, you should not expose yourself to UV radiation, visit the solarium, etc.
If the patient has a long lasting diarrhea, this may be a sign of pseudomembranous colitis. If this happens, cancel the appointment of pefloxacin and treatment indications.
Consideration should be given reduced absorption in the gastrointestinal tract when pefloksatsina his simultaneous appointment with enveloping means.
A favorite medical reception - appoint a staph infection with pefloxacin also some beta-lactam antibiotics, which helps prevent the development of resistance in bacteria to treatment.
During treatment with pefloxacin with caution engage in activities requiring psychomotor high reactivity (driving vehicles, working with dangerous machinery at work).
Pefloksatsina released from pharmacies by prescription.
Instructions for storage pefloksatsina
The ideal place to store pefloxacin is dry, the dark room where the temperature never rises above 25? C.
Shelf-life of the antibiotic is 3 years from the date of his descent from the conveyor manufacturer.