Ospamoks - antibiotic belonging to the penicillin group.
The composition and the form of Ospamoksa
Ospamoks released in the form of:
- Tablets, film-coated containing 500 or 1000 mg of active ingredient - amoxicillin trihydrate and auxiliary components: sucrose, saccharin sodium, sodium benzoate. 12 pieces per pack;
- Granules for oral suspension. The granules contained 5 ml of active components - Amoxicillin trihydrate 125 or 250 mg and 25 mg of sodium benzoate, and auxiliary components: sucrose, saccharin sodium, sodium benzoate. In vials of 60 ml of suspension.
Ospamoks is an antibiotic belonging to the penicillin group, has a broad spectrum of antimicrobial action.
Application Ospamoksa effective against organisms sensitive to penicillin G, including staphylococci, not producing penicillinase, Streptococcus group A, B, C, G, H, L and M, Streptobacilli spp., Streptococcus pneumoniae, Neisseria spp., Actinomycetes spp ., Erysipelothrix rhysiopathiae, Pastereulla multocida, Spirochaeta, Listeria spp., Corynebacterium spp., Spirillium minus, Bacillus anthracis.
Also used Ospamoks against gram-negative organisms: Leptospira, Chlamydia, Bordetella pertussis, Campilobacter spp., Haemophilus influenzae, Salmonella spp., Escherichia coli, Shigella spp., Proteus mirabilis; against anaerobic microorganisms including Fusobacter spp., Peptococcus spp., Clostridium spp.
According to the instructions Ospamoks prescribed for the treatment of infectious diseases of inflammatory nature, caused by susceptible microorganisms amoxicillin, namely:
- bacterial meningitis;
- infections of the lower respiratory tract (chronic and acute bronchitis, lung abscess, whooping cough in the initial stage and during incubation, pneumonia);
- infection of upper respiratory tract and upper respiratory tract;
- gynecological infections (endometritis, adnexitis, septic abortion);
- infections of the gastrointestinal tract (paratyphoid, typhoid fever);
- infection urinary organs (gonorrhea, urethritis, epididymitis, asymptomatic bacteriuria in pregnancy, cystitis, prostatitis, pyelitis, chronic pyelonephritis);
- infective endocarditis, including enterococcal;
- biliary tract infections (cholecystitis, cholangitis);
- carriage of Salmonella;
- infections of the skin and soft tissues;
- acute and latent listeriosis;
Also according to the instructions Ospamoks administered prophylactically to patients during the postoperative period (e.g., during operations in the oral cavity).
Dosing and dosing regimen Ospamoksa
Dosage instructions for Ospamoksa depends on the location and sensitivity infection. The daily dose is divided into several stages.
Duration of treatment: until symptoms plus 2-5 days.
For preparing the slurry granules vial filled with drinking water, shaken, and then topped up with water to the annular mark. Before use, the vial should be well prepared suspension shake.
Dosages tablets and suspensions are presented in the instruction to Ospamoksu:
- children under one year of age - Suspension 125 mg / 5 ml - 5 ml (1 teaspoon) twice a day;
- Children from one year to six years - a suspension of 250 mg / 5 ml - 5-7, 5 ml (1-1, 5 tablespoons) twice a day;
- children from six to ten years - Suspension 250 mg / 5 ml - 7 ml 5-10 (1, 5-2 spoons) twice a day;
- Children from ten to fourteen years - 1 tablet of 500 mg twice a day;
- teenagers - 1, 5 tablets of 500 mg twice a day;
- adult - 1000 mg 1 tablet twice daily.
According to the instructions Ospamoks is contraindicated in:
- lymphocytic leukemia;
- severe infections of the gastrointestinal tract, accompanied by vomiting or diarrhea;
- hay fever;
- infectious mononucleosis;
- allergic diathesis;
- respiratory viral infections;
- hypersensitivity to penicillin antibiotics.
Side effects Ospamoksa
In the opinion of Ospamoks cause the following side effects:
- Central nervous system: fatigue, headache.
- Digestive System: glossitis, nausea, stomatitis, diarrhea. There were sporadic reviews Ospamokse showing a slight increase in serum transaminases.
- The urinary system: rarely interstitial nephritis.
- Hematopoietic system: eosinophilia, agranulocytosis, thrombocytopenia.
- Allergic reactions: rarely arthralgia, urticaria, angioedema, fever. In rare cases - exfoliative dermatitis, erythema multiforme, anaphylactic shock. There were reviews Ospamokse of patients treated syphilis, leptospirosis and typhoid fever on the development of Jarisch Gerkskheymera-induced lysis of bacteria.
It should take into account the likelihood of cross-allergy patients who are hypersensitive to cephalosporins.
During the application Ospamoksa play an important role maintaining adequate urine output and adequate fluid intake. Patients with cholecystitis or cholangitis antibiotics prescribed only in mild forms of the disease.
When long-term therapy for Ospamoks reviews can cause excessive growth of resistant fungi and microorganisms.
Ospamoks on instructions do not designate or appoint with caution in patients with diabetes, since its composition is present sugar.
There were reviews Ospamokse from patients with meningitis and the emergence of epilepsy seizures.
The shelf life
Subject to the conditions Ospamoks tablets should be stored no longer than four years, and the pellets - no longer than three years.