Orungal (international nonproprietary name - itraconazole) belongs to a group of antifungal agents for systemic (non-local) application. It's no secret that at the turn of the century the incidence of fungal diseases took an avalanche. This is not least due to the abuse of antibiotics disturb the balance of domestic and foreign flora, which creates an optimal environment for fungal invasions. That is why the positive reviews Orungale among patients - it is not uncommon: the drug is effective and relevant as ever.
Orungal is available in two dosage forms:
- Oral solution with a concentration of 10 mg itraconazole / ml. Form release - glass bottle of 150 ml capacity. The solution is an eye pleasing orange color and a pleasant cherry flavor. In addition to the bottle with the box solution to embedded instructions Orungalu and measuring cup for precise dosing of the drug. The bottle has a useful feature - protection mechanism from opening by children;
- Capsules containing itraconazole 100 mg each. In a blister pack - 14 capsules per pack - one or two blisters with instruction to Orungalu.
Produced Orungal Italian pharmaceutical company "Janssen Cilag" (solution), and the Belgian "Janssen Pharmaceutica" (capsules).
By analogues Orungal which structure also includes itraconazole, include the following preparations:
- Irunine vaginal capsules and tablets (RF);
- Itrazol capsules (RF);
- Itraconazole capsules and pellets (Russia, Belarus, India);
- Orun capsules (Romania);
- Teknazol capsules (Turkey);
- Rumikoz capsules (RF).
It should be noted that all of the above Orungal counterparts, except, perhaps, Rumikoza are generic and Orungal - the real "brand" the original drug.
The main condition for the viability of the cells of the fungus is the integrity of its membrane. The main component responsible for the integrity and permeability of the membrane - ergosterol. By inhibiting the synthesis of an important fungal agent itraconazole (read: Orungal) changes the capacity of the cell wall of the fungus, leading to lysis and cell death. The spectrum of action of the drug is very wide. The greatest clinical relevance is its activity against dermatophytes (microspores trihofiton, epidermofiton) and yeast-like fungi (Candida, Cryptococcus, malasseziya, trihosporon, Aspergillus, Histoplasma capsulatums, geotrihon, sporotriks, kladosporium, Blastomyces).
Positive reviews Orungale based, including that for the formation of resistance to itraconazole fungi need to go through a number of genetic mutations that takes a lot of time. Thus, the physician has the ability to overcome illness even before Orungal lose their effectiveness because of resistance to it from an evolutionary "advanced" strains of fungi.
In accordance with the instruction to Orungalu and reviews about it clinicians this fungicides can be used with the following fungal infestations:
- vulvovaginal candidiasis (inflammation of the external genitalia, perineum, urethra, caused by fungi of the genus Candida);
- chromophytosis (chronic fungal inflammation of the horny layer of the epidermis caused by the fungus malasseziey);
- candidiasis of the oral mucosa;
- fungal inflammation of the cornea (fungal keratitis);
- fungal nail infections (onychomycosis);
- systemic mycosis (fungal pervasive organs and tissues): candidiasis, aspergillosis, cryptococcosis (including cryptococcal inflammation of the meninges), histoplasmosis, sporotrichosis, blastomycosis, etc.
Brief guide to Orungalu on application
Orungal capsules taken directly after a meal. Multiplicity and duration receiving very detailed instructions to Orungalu in which, for clarity, all the necessary information is presented in tabular form. Orungalom course of treatment depending on the causative agent of athlete's foot can vary significantly. Sometimes it is enough to take two capsules of the drug once (as an example, vulvovaginal candidiasis), in some cases require more long-term use of the drug: a fifteen course one capsule a day (ringworm smooth skin and candidiasis of the mouth) or monthly (ringworm rough skin of the palms and stop). Onychomycosis treated within three months of the course of pulse therapy, detailed in the instructions to the Orungalu a continuous rate (3 months for two capsules 1 time per day).
Systemic fungal infections when fungal infection has spread throughout the body, require longer treatment, which can take several months.
Orungal in solution, in contrast to capsules, taken on an empty stomach. Even typing the solution in the mouth before swallowing it, you need to rinse your mouth. After the solution was ingested, the mouth is not rinsed with water. Candidiasis of the oral mucosa is treated taking two dimensional cups (200 mg itraconazole) solution every day for a week. When unexpressed therapeutic effect of treatment is extended by 1 week.
Reviews Orungale and results of clinical studies formed the basis of the following list of contraindications:
- idiosyncrasy of the drug;
- ventricular dysfunction of manifesting, including in the form of chronic heart failure;
- the state of pregnancy and lactation;
Women who are of childbearing age, while taking Orungal recommended to resort to the use of contraception during the treatment period up to the onset of the first menstrual period after its completion.
The composition of capsules Orungal including sucrose, therefore patients with genetic diseases such as deficiency of the enzyme sucrase-isomaltase, malabsorption of glucose or fructose intolerance should abandon the capsule and take Orungal solution.
This chapter lists only those side effects, which according to reviews on Orungale and analogues met in the range of 1 in 10 patients and 1 case per 1,000 patients (Other adverse reactions are so rare that they have in this article can be neglected)
- headache, dizziness;
- numbness of the skin, "goose bumps";
- gastrointestinal pain, nausea, diarrhea, constipation, flatulence;
- elevated levels of bilirubin and transaminases (AST and ALT) - the indicators that are called "liver function tests";
- rash, hives, itching;
- hair loss;
- irregular periods;
In overdose Orungalom and analogues should be aware that itraconazole is not washed away from the body by hemodialysis, and the yield to be found in gastric lavage with sodium bicarbonate, administration of activated charcoal and supportive therapy.
The drug is sold Orungal public from pharmacies only by prescription.
Instructions for storage Orungalu
The solution Orungal should be stored at temperatures no higher than 25 S˚ capsules - the temperature in the "fork" between 15 and 30 S˚, of course, out of reach of children (they may attract an unusual color of the solution).
Shelf life of the solution is 2 years Orungal, caps - 3.