Ortofen (international nonproprietary name - diclofenac) - another prominent representative of a class of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). Speaking of NSAIDs, the first word that comes to mind - is diclofenac. A Ortofen - is one of the countless generic diclofenac. In short, Ortophenum indications for use include the standard "gentleman" set of all NSAIDs: an inflammatory disease and associated pain, which differ in their localization and etiology.
There are two fundamentally different dosage forms, causing the method of application Ortophenum (internal and external):
- Sheath enteric coated yellow tablets containing 25 mg of diclofenac packed in blister 10 pieces. The carton invested three such blisters with instruction to ortofenom for use;
- Gel for topical application, 1 g of which contains 10 mg of diclofenac. Aluminium tube with a gel placed in secondary packaging (carton) with information for the patient about the use of Ortophenum.
Produced Ortofen Ukraine (tablets) and Latvia (gel).
Inexhaustible popularity of diclofenac in the nation makes the production unique Ortophenum very promising direction in the assortment policy of pharmaceutical companies. This is easy to see, read the following list of the most unique Ortophenum, which on today cart and a small truck:
- Voltaren (Switzerland), uniting including brands such as Voltaren Emulgel, Voltaren and Voltaren Acti retard;
- Dikloberl (Germany);
- Diklovit (Russia);
- Diklogen, Dikloran (India);
- Diklopol (Poland);
- Diclofenac or diclofenac sodium (nemudrenyh is the name given to his offspring, several manufacturers: Lithuanian, Belarusian, Moldovan, Romanian, Indian, Ukrainian and Chinese. But now certainly in the long series of unique consumer does not confuse what substance lies at the heart of the drug) ;
- Naklofen (Slovenia);
- Rumakar (Palestine);
- Feloran (Bulgaria).
If you want to give an example of one hundred percent to the core, NSAIDs - do not hesitate to call Ortofen
. He has a pronounced anti-inflammatory effect, relieves pain and reduces heat
. That is, the dot "hits" all the attributes of the inflammatory process
. This is possible thanks to the ability to reduce the activity of cyclooxygenase diclofenac (it is called prostaglandinsintetazoy) involved in the formation of inflammatory mediators prostaglandins and inhibit platelet aggregation
. Thus, the inflammatory process turns back the clock
. But not only this valuable diclofenac he oppresses develop on the background of high levels of prostaglandins hypersensitivity of nerve endings to the action of physical and chemical stimuli, mass produced in the area of inflammation
. Another negative feature of prostaglandins - intervention in launching the hypothalamus thermoregulatory chain reaction (this, by the way, explains the rise in temperature during inflammation) - also becomes less pronounced under the influence of diclofenac
Due to the pronounced analgesic effect Ortofen shown in rheumatic diseases involving strong and sharp joint pain.
Indications have Ortophenum and analogs are mainly associated with the treatment of acute inflammatory processes:
- The consequences of injury with all the consequences (inflammation, swelling, pain) circumstances. Ortofen - one of the first-line drugs for sprains;
- The effects of surgery, including orthopedic and dental;
- "Women's" inflammatory diseases, including primary dysmenorrhea (pain in the abdomen, followed by the first teenage period) and adnexitis (inflammation of the fallopian tubes and ovaries, called one capacious word - "appendages");
- Pain in the spine;
- Articular rheumatism;
- As part of a combination therapy of infectious diseases of the ear / throat / nose (otitis media, pharyngitis, tonsillitis).
- Treatment of migraine pain (this indication Ortophenum applies only to the part of the adult population).
Brief guide to ortofenom on application
Given the considerable list of adverse effects of NSAIDs, Ortofen and analogues are recommended for use in a minimum effective therapeutic dose. The same can be said with regard to the duration of his admission.
Consider the rules of Ortophenum applied to each of its formulations.
Pills. Taken as a whole, fractions, and they should not be chewed. The optimal time of reception - after a meal. The maximum daily dose for adults - 200 mg, preferably - 50-100 mg, distributed over 2-3 hours. When the relative smoothness of symptoms is recommended to stay at a dose of 75 mg. And adolescents over 14 years (at a younger age is not necessary to apply Ortofen) should be given on the day of no more than 50-100 mg Ortophenum. Exception - primary dysmenorrhea, in which case the dose is selected individually and can reach 200 mg.
Gel. Apply a thin layer on the surface of the skin in the area of inflammatory focus at the rate of 2-4 g of substance at 400-800 square meters. cm square. Then, gentle movements lightly rubbed into the skin. This manipulation may be repeated 3-4 times a day. The duration of treatment is considered to be sufficient after 2-weeks from the beginning. Exception - osteoarthritis, when allowed to extend the treatment to 1 month.
Unfortunately, Ortofen and analogues have enough contraindications, including:
- idiosyncrasy of the drug;
- medical history, burdened with a variety of allergic reactions that manifest bronchospasm (so called "Aspirin asthma"), expressed rhinitis, urticaria;
- ulcerative erosive degenerative changes in the mucosa of the stomach and duodenum 12;
- inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn's disease, colitis);
- failure of the heart, liver, kidneys;
It is only those indications for Ortophenum in which the possibility of receiving excluded. There are plenty of conditions where Ortofen and analogues should be taken with extreme caution. All this can be found in the instructions for ortofenom for use, which you will provide the pharmacy with this drug.
There will be listed only those side effects that occur frequently on medical concepts (1 to 10 per 100 patients):
- headaches and dizziness;
- vertigo (a condition in which a patient appears that the objects of his environment are in constant motion);
- dyspeptic symptoms (gastrointestinal pain, nausea, vomiting, flatulence, diarrhea, impaired appetite);
- transaminase enzyme elevations;
- hypertension, edema.
To purchase a pharmacy drug Ortofen doctor's prescription is not required.
Instructions for storage ortofenom
Temperature conditions of storage and gel tablets Ortophenum no different: the ambient temperature should not exceed 25? C. In addition, the gel is sensitive to moisture (and therefore the relative humidity must be within 80%) to light. That's all.
Shelf life as tablets and gel Ortophenum is 3 years.