Omez - synthetic anti-ulcer drug.
The active substance omez has antiulcer action, reducing the level of basal and stimulated secretion. According to the instructions, omez therapeutic effect does not depend on the nature of the stimulus.
Part of the omez D domperidone has antiemetic effect, increases the tone of the lower esophageal sphincter and accelerate gastric emptying during deceleration process.
As a rule, the effect of the drug occurs rapidly, within the first hour after administration and lasts less than a day.
Form release omez
Omez release capsules of two kinds:
- Clear colorless capsules with pink cap, containing 20 mg of omeprazole;
- White hard capsules with a purple cap Omez D containing 10 mg omeprazole and domperidone.
The strips of 10 pieces.
Furthermore, Omez produce a lyophilizate for solution for infusion. One vial - 40 mg of omeprazole in the form of white powder or homogeneous porous cake.
According to the instructions Omez used for:
- Gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer;
- Erosive and ulcerative lesions of gastric and duodenal ulcers associated with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs;
- Reflux esophagitis;
- Stress ulcers;
- Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.
In the combined therapy use omez as shown in patients with erosive and ulcerative lesions of gastric and duodenal ulcers associated with Helicobacter pylori.
Omez D is indicated for use in the treatment of dyspepsia and gastroesophageal reflux disease which responds poorly to monotherapy antagonists of histamine H2-receptors or proton pump inhibitors.
Omez has a narrow range of contraindications. Do not take the drug:
- When pregnancy;
- In childhood;
- During the period of lactation;
- In case of hypersensitivity to the components omez.
According to the instructions Omez D contraindicated to use in children, during lactation, as well as:
- Gastrointestinal bleeding;
- Prolactin-secreting pituitary tumors;
- Perforation of the stomach or intestines;
- Mechanical obstruction of the stomach or intestines.
On strict Omez D can be taken during pregnancy.
Dosage and duration of omez depends on the disease:
- During exacerbation of duodenal ulcer usually take 1 capsule a day for a month. In some cases it may be necessary to increase the dosage by half. In the opinion of Omez can be taken regardless of meals;
- When Zollinger-Ellison initial dose is usually 3 omez capsules per day. In some cases, it requires doubling, then the daily dose be divided into two steps. You can also use Omez and intravenously in cases of inability of oral treatment;
- When acute gastric ulcer, erosive and ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract that are caused by non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, as well as in patients with erosive and ulcerative esophagitis requires longer treatment - up to two months. Omez on instructions take 1-2 capsules per day or, if necessary, intravenously, 40 mg;
- The syndrome Mendelssohn Omez assigned to night in the form of an intravenous infusion of 40 mg, as well as at least two hours prior to surgery;
- If Helicobacter pylori eradication in conjunction with antibacterial agents take 1 capsule omez twice a day for a week.
As anti-treatment of reflux esophagitis, gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer effectively prolonged use omez - up to six months, one capsule a day.
According to the testimony Omez D it is recommended to take 10-20 minutes before meals twice a day, one capsule.
Troop solution omez prepared immediately before use, which should be used only 5% glucose solution without preservatives. After addition the vial is not less than 5 ml of solvent, it should be shaken until complete dissolution of the lyophilizate. The duration of administration of 100 ml of this solution omez should be less than half an hour.
Before you start the application omez, exclude malignant processes, especially gastric ulcer, as the drug can mask the symptoms and delay the correct diagnosis statement.
As a rule, Omez Review is well tolerated, but in some cases can cause reversible side effects that appear most often in the form of:
- Abdominal pain, taste disturbance, diarrhea or constipation, nausea, bloating, vomiting, dry mouth, stomatitis;
- Agranulocytosis, leukopenia, pancytopenia, thrombocytopenia;
- Paresthesia, excitation, headache, insomnia, dizziness, sleepiness, depression, hallucinations;
- Angioneurotic edema, urticaria, interstitial nephritis, bronchospasm, anaphylactic shock;
- Muscle weakness, myalgia and arthralgia;
- Pruritus, erythema multiforme, alopecia, photosensitivity;
- Peripheral edema, blurred vision, fever, sweating, gynecomastia.
In severe liver disease Omez Review can cause hepatitis, encephalopathy and liver dysfunction.
Application Omez D can also be accompanied by transient intestinal cramps, hyperprolactinemia and extrapyramidal disorder.
Do not allow the use of omez in high doses, so as not to cause an overdose, manifested as drowsiness or agitation, dry mouth, blurred vision, nausea, headache, confusion, sweating, arrhythmia.
Omez refers to the anti-ulcer drug list B prescription. Shelf life of capsules - 36 months, lyophilisate for solution - not more than 24 months.