Ofloksin - an antibacterial agent belonging to the group of fluoroquinolones.
The composition and the form of Ofloksina
Ofloksin provided in the form of oblong, biconvex tablets, film-coated, nearly white. One tablet contains active substance - 400 mg of ofloxacin. Auxiliary components: talc, magnesium stearate, povidone, corn starch, poloxamer, lactose monohydrate, crospovidone. 10 pieces in blister packs.
Ofloksina analogues are: Ofloxacin, Zanotsin, Taritsin, Floksal, Glaufos, Oflo, Unifloks, Zofloks, Oflomak, Oflotsid, Ofloks, Taritsid.
Ofloksin has a broad spectrum of antimicrobial action. Application Ofloksina has an effect on the DNA gyrase supercoiling, and is responsible for the stability of the DNA of bacteria.
It is active against atypical mycobacteria and growing microorganisms that produce β-lactamase.
According to the instructions Ofloksin prescribed for infectious and inflammatory diseases:
- Urinary tract infections (urethritis, cystitis);
- ENT (laryngitis, pharyngitis, sinusitis, otitis media);
- bones and joints;
- skin and soft tissues;
- genitals (epididymitis, orchitis, colpitis);
- the kidneys (pyelonephritis);
- pelvic organs (prostate, endometritis, oophoritis, Options, cervicitis, salpingitis);
- abdomen (biliary tract infections and gastrointestinal tract, except bacterial enteritis).
Assign Ofloksin according to the instructions for chlamydia, gonorrhea and meningitis, as well as a preventive measure in case of violation of the immune status.
Dosing and dosing regimen Ofloksina
Dosages Ofloksina selected individually depending on the severity and localization of the infection and the general state of the patient's liver and kidneys.
The greatest effect of Ofloksina of reviews is achieved if the pills are taken immediately before or during a meal.
Duration of therapy in uncomplicated infections of the lower urinary tract is 3-5 days, salmonellosis - 7-8 days. After the disappearance of symptoms should continue to apply Ofloksina for three days.
Generally, adults Ofloksin prescribed by instructions 200 to 800 mg per day, divided into two steps. The duration of treatment is 7-10 days.
With infections of the skin and soft tissues, ENT, respiratory tract, abdomen, bones and joints, septic infections, the dosage instructions for Ofloksina is 200 mg twice a day. If necessary dosage can be increased to 400 mg twice a day.
With infectious diseases of the genital organs and kidneys appoint 100-200 mg twice daily Ofloksina.
When infectious diseases of the urinary tract take 100-200 mg once or twice a day.
When administered Ofloksin gonorrhea or analogs at a dosage of 400 mg once.
Patients with severe depression of immunity in order to prevent infections taking the drug or analogs Ofloksina at a dosage of 400-600 mg per day.
With hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis dosage Ofloksina on instructions of 100 mg once a day.
When liver failure, the maximum daily dose of the drug - 400 mg.
The drug is contraindicated and analogues Ofloksina taken at:
- pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- lack of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase;
- lowering the seizure threshold (after a stroke, traumatic brain injury, or inflammation of the central nervous system);
- hypersensitivity to ofloxacin or any other components of the drug.
Do not appoint Ofloksin according to the instructions under the age of 18 years due to continued growth of the skeleton.
When using Ofloksina Caution should be exercised if the patient has chronic kidney failure, stroke, organic CNS or cerebral atherosclerosis.
In the opinion of Ofloksin cause the following side effects:
- Cardiovascular system: collapse, vasculitis, and tachycardia.
- The senses: taste disturbance, balance of color, smell and hearing.
- Digestive system: diarrhea, anorexia, nausea, vomiting, increased liver transaminases, cholestatic jaundice, abdominal pain, hyperbilirubinemia, pseudomembranous enterocolitis.
- Central nervous system: dizziness, convulsions, tremors of extremities, headache, nightmares, increased anxiety, phobias, confusion, irritability, hallucinations, increased intracranial pressure.
- Hematopoietic system: aplastic and hemolytic anemia, agranulocytosis, leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, pancytopenia.
- Urinary system: elevated levels of urea, renal failure, hypercreatininemia, acute interstitial nephritis.
- Musculoskeletal system: arthralgia, myalgia, tendon rupture, tenosynovitis, tendinitis.
- Skin reactions: maculopapular rash, petechiae, hemorrhagic bullous dermatitis.
- Allergies: rash, itching, allergic nephritis, pneumonitis, bronchospasm, angioedema, photosensitivity, anaphylactic shock, erythema multiforme, Stevens-Dzhonosna syndrome, fever, Lyell's syndrome.
- Other side effects: vaginitis, superinfection, goiter.
There were reviews Ofloksine of patients with diabetes of the occurrence of hypoglycemia.
Overdose Ofloksinom Review is accompanied by symptoms: dizziness, disorientation, confusion, vomiting, drowsiness, confusion.
If symptoms of overdose should be done and gastric lavage spend symptomatic therapy.
According to the instructions Ofloksin not prescribed for acute tonsillitis and pneumonia caused by pneumococcus.
We do not recommend the use of Ofloksina longer than two months.
In the opinion it is not necessary to combine Ofloksin using tampons women, as it increases the risk of vaginal candidiasis.
During the administration of the drug and analogs Ofloksina forbidden to drink alcoholic beverages.
Conditions and terms
Ofloksin List B is a drug prescription.
Keep it in a cool dry place for no longer than three years.