OCI - non-steroidal anti-inflammatory and antirheumatic drugs used in the treatment of diseases of the musculoskeletal system.
OCI solution for topical application - a dental drug used in the treatment of oral diseases.
The pharmacological action of AII
Medicaments OCI inhibit the synthesis of prostaglandins, due to their ability to inhibit COX-1 and COX-2 have antipyretic, anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect, have antibradikininovoy activity delaying the release of lysosomal enzymes and membranes stabilize them, which contributes to tissue destruction in chronic inflammation, reduced release of cytokines and inhibit the activity of neutrophils.
A solution of the OCI for the treatment of diseases of the oral cavity, has no antibacterial activity.
Form release OCI
According to the instructions, the OCI for the treatment of diseases of the musculoskeletal system, produced in the form:
- White or pale yellow granules for oral solution having a characteristic smell of mint, 2 g sandwich two-volume bags in cardboard packs of 12 and 20 pieces. One packet contains granules AII 80 mg ketoprofen lysine salt, 1, 7 g of mannitol, 132 mg of sodium chloride, 3 mg of colloidal silicon dioxide, 20 mg of ammonium glycerate, 20 mg polyvinylpyrrolidone 15 mg sodium saccharin and 30 mg of mint flavor;
- White or light yellow rectal suppositories torpedo-shaped, two strips 5 pcs., In a cardboard bundle. The composition of one suppository includes 160 mg of ketoprofen lysine salt and 1, 64 g of semisynthetic glycerides;
- White or light yellow rectal suppositories for children torpedo-shaped, two strips 5 pcs., In a cardboard bundle. The structure includes a suppository 60 mg of ketoprofen lysine salt and semi-synthetic glycerides.
OCI for treating diseases of the oral cavity is produced in the form of a clear green solution having a characteristic odor of mint, in 150 ml plastic flasks with 2 ml injection dispenser with the dispensing nozzle, in cardboard packs. One ml of the solution contains 16 mg OCI ketoprofen lysine salt, 200 mg of glycerol, 0, 05 mg of ethanol, 1, 5 mg methyl parahydroxybenzoate, 3 mg of mint flavoring, 0, 7 mg of menthol, 2 mg sodium saccharinate, 0, 16 mg of brilliant green antiseptic 22 mg of sodium hydrogen phosphate and 1 ml of purified water.
Analogs of the OCI
AII analogues of the active substance preparations are Arketal Rompharm, Ketonal and Flamaks.
Analogues OCI solution for the treatment of oral diseases on the active substance is not released.
By analogues OCI mechanism of action and of belonging to a group of pharmacological drugs include Advil, MIG 400 and Faspik.
By analogues OCI solution for the treatment of oral diseases and the mechanism of action belonging to the same pharmacological group includes medications Kamistad and Halls Max.
According to the instructions, the OCI solution for the treatment of diseases of the oral cavity is prescribed for:
- Chronic periodontitis;
- Sore throat;
According to the instructions, the OCI in the pellets for the symptomatic treatment of inflammatory processes which are accompanied by pain and fever (adults), as well as for the relief of postoperative pain and short-term symptomatic treatment of inflammatory processes that accompany diseases of the musculoskeletal system and otitis media (children older than 6 years).
Suppositories OCI designed for regular use in osteoarthritis, rheumatoid and gouty arthritis, spondylitis and inflammatory lesions of periarticular tissues in adults as well as for the relief of postoperative pain and short-term symptomatic treatment of inflammatory processes that accompany diseases of the musculoskeletal system, and otitis media in children older than 6 years.
How to use the OCI
In accordance with the instructions of the OCI in the form of granules take dissolved in half a glass of water during a meal at 80 mg three times a day, and children from 6 to 14 years - 40 mg three times a day.
OCI solution for the treatment of oral diseases is used in breeding half of the included cup of drinking water as follows: adults - two rinses (one rinse - 5 injections) per day, children from 6 to 12 years old - one rinse (2 injections), older children 12 years - one rinse (3 injections).
In accordance with the instructions, apply rectal suppositories OCI in a wetted form prior to administration: Adults and children of 14 years - 1 pc. twice or three times a day, elderly patients - 1 piece. 1-2 times per day, children 6 to 12 years weighing 30 kg - 1 pc. once or twice a day, children from 12 years - 1 pc. three times a day.
In accordance with the instructions of the OCI in granules and suppositories are contraindicated in aspirin asthma, gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcers, ulcerative colitis exacerbation, Crohn's disease, diverticulitis, chronic renal failure, peptic ulcer, blood clotting disorders and hypersensitivity to the drug. OCI also in the granules is not prescribed in the III trimester of pregnancy, lactation and children under the age of 6 years.
Precautions DCI in granules and suppositories are prescribed for hypertension, alcoholism, anemia, alcoholic cirrhosis, asthma, dehydration, edema, hepatic failure, sepsis, diabetes, smoking, chronic heart failure, blood diseases, stomatitis, as well as in I and II trimesters of pregnancy.
In accordance with the instructions, OCI solution for the treatment of oral diseases is contraindicated in asthma and aspirin hypersensitivity to the drug.
Precautions DCI solution is prescribed for blood clotting disorders, Crohn's disease, peptic ulcer, gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcers, ulcerative colitis in the acute phase, in the III trimester of pregnancy and lactation, and for children up to 6 years.
Side effects OCI
The use of pellets and suppositories side effects OCI calls from various body systems, namely:
- Abdominal pain, duodenitis, diarrhea, increased levels of bilirubin and liver enzymes, esophagitis, gastritis, stomatitis, hepatitis, hepatic failure, and enlarged liver (digestive system);
- Dizziness, tremor, vertigo, anxiety, mood swings, irritability, hallucinations, blurred vision, and general malaise (central nervous system);
- Urticaria, angioedema and anaphylactoid reactions (allergic reactions);
- Erythematous rash, maculopapular rash, and pruritus (dermatologic reactions);
- Painful urination, edema, cystitis and hematuria (urinary system);
- Lymphangitis, leukocytosis, thrombocytopenia, increase the size of the spleen, thrombocytopenic purpura, and vasculitis (hematopoietic system);
- Bronchospasm, sensation of spasm of the larynx, dyspnea, laryngeal edema, laryngospasm and rhinitis (respiratory system);
- Hypertension, chest pain, hypotension, tachycardia, peripheral edema and pallor (cardiovascular system).
Application solution for the treatment of oral diseases OCI, reviews, causes itching, burning, and the severity of the exacerbation of hemorrhoids in the anorectal area.