Nurofen - a drug belonging to the group of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
The pharmacological action of Nurofen
The active agent in the composition Nurofena - Ibuprofen derived from phenylpropionic acid. If ingestion inhibits the formation of prostaglandins - substances that cause an inflammatory response in the body (the so-called inflammatory mediators), whereby there is an anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic effect.
There are reviews of Nurofene from researchers pointing to encouraging them to generate their own body's interferon, a substance, which is one of the main factors of immunity. Thus, one of the additional action of ibuprofen - stimulation of immunity that makes use Nurofena justified in the treatment of viral infections.
Method of production
Nurofen produced in the form of tablets, sugar-coated, effervescent tablets, rectal suppositories and suspensions for children with strawberry or orange flavor.
Composition Nurofena tablets: each coated tablet contains 200mg of ibuprofen and excipients, sucrose, talc, silica, titanium dioxide, stearic acid, opakod gum, croscarmellose sodium, sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium citrate, Macrogol 6000.
The tablets are available in 6 and 12p in a blister.
Composition Nurofena in effervescent tablets: 200 mg of ibuprofen and excipients: saccharose, saccharin, sorbitol, potassium carbonate, citric acid, sodium saccharinate.
Effervescent tablets are available in a box of 10 pieces.
Composition Nurofena in suspension: contains 100mg of ibuprofen 5ml suspension and auxiliary substances: water, glycerol, maltitol syrup, citric acid, sodium citrate, sodium chloride, sodium saccharin, acacia, domiphen bromide, strawberry, or orange flavoring.
Rectal suppositories Nurofen, composition: 60 mg of ibuprofen, auxiliary - solid fat. Available in 5 pieces on blister, 2 blisters in the package.
The slurry produced in Nurofena polyethylene vials 100ml equipped with a defense mechanism against children, the kit includes a special dispenser, through which the slurry is removed from the vial.
Analogues are Nurofena nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, the active ingredient of which is ibuprofen: Advil, Apo-Ibuprofen, Barthel dragz ibuprofen Bolinet lingval, Bonifen, Bren, brufen, Buran, debts Ibupron, Ibuprofen Ibuprofen Ibuprofen Lannaher, Ibuprofen Nycomed, Ibuprofen- Teva, Ibuprofon, Ibusan, Ipren, Markofen, MIG 200, Motrin, MIG 200, profiles, Profinal, Reumafen, Solpafleks.
Application Nurofena shown in the treatment of rheumatism as well as to reduce inflammation, fever and pain. It is used as part of combination therapy for the treatment of the following conditions:
- rheumatoid arthritis;
- Spondylitis and spondylitis, including ankylosing;
- Intense pain of any origin trauma and post-traumatic states;
- Seasonal viral infectious diseases, accompanied by general malaise, fever and aching muscles and joints;
- ENT diseases and other inflammatory diseases accompanied by intense pain.
According to reviews, Nurofen pediatric effective as antipyretic for colds and fever caused by teething.
Instructions for use Nurofen
Application Nurofena depends on the age of the patient.
The daily dose for people over 12 years is 1200mg. The daily dose is desirable to break the 3-4 hours, usually 200 mg per reception (possible), in case of urgency and with the consent of the doctor a single dose at the beginning of therapy can be increased to 400mg.
According to the instructions of Nurofen for children aged 6 to 12 years is appointed in a dosage of less than 200 mg 3-4 times a day. Between taking the drug needs time interval of at least 6 hours. The maximum permitted daily dose of 900mg.
Follow the instructions Nurofen tablets, sugar-coated, preferably taken after meals, plenty of drinking water. Effervescent tablets dissolved in a glass of water 200-250ml volume.
Nurofen is available in suppositories for children aged from 3 months to 2 years, a single dose is set at the rate of 5-10mg per 1 kg weight of the child is taken 3-4 times a day. The maximum permitted daily dose of 30 mg is determined by the rate of 1 kg for the child's weight.
According to the instructions, Nurofen in the suspension is recommended in the following dosages:
- From 3 to 6 months - 2, 5 ml 3 times a day;
- From 6 to 12 months - 2, 5 ml 3-4 times a day;
- From 1 to 3 years - 5 ml 3 times a day;
- From 4 to 6 years old - 7, 5 ml 3-4 times a day;
- From 7 to 9 years - 10 ml three times a day;
- From 10 to 12 years - 15 ml three times a day.
The instructions contain Nurofen indication of non-self-use treatment for a duration of more than 3 days. If after 3 days after the start of Nurofen symptoms have not decreased, it is necessary to call a doctor who will give advice on the further use of the drug.
Reviews Nurofene by both doctors and patients indicate that the application of strictly according to instructions it is well tolerated, and side effects from its use are rare. Known side effects of the drug:
- Digestive system - dyspepsia, loss of appetite, long-term use Nurofen contributes to the appearance of erosions and ulcerations of the mucous membrane of the gastrointestinal tract;
- Central nervous system - headache, agitation, dizziness, sleep disturbance;
- Cardiovascular system - irregular heartbeat, shortness of breath, high blood pressure, rarely - heart failure;
- Immune system - Skin and allergic reactions such as urticaria, erythema multiforme, angioedema, bronchospasm, rarely - Lyell's syndrome;
- Urinary system - renal dysfunction, polyuria, nephritis, cystitis;
- From the side of blood: anemia, leukopenia, agranulocytosis, thrombocytopenia.
Contraindications to the use of Nurofen
Nurofen and analogues are contraindicated in the following cases:
- Inflammatory diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, especially gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer;
- Blood diseases;
- Hypersensitivity to any NSAID;
- Aspirin triad;
- Violation of the liver, kidneys;
- Ophthalmic Pathology;
- The pathology of middle and inner ear;
- Up to 3 months;
- Third trimester of pregnancy;
According to the instructions, Nurofen and analogues with caution combine with other drugs without a doctor this is not recommended. It is unacceptable joint use of the drug and alcohol use.
Nurofen stored out of reach of direct light, in a dry place at room temperature (below 25 ° C) for 3 years. Keep away from children.