Nolitsin - an antibacterial agent belonging to the group of fluoroquinolones.
Structure and Composition
The drug is available as orange pill round-shaped, film-coated. One tablet contains the active substance - 400 mg of norfloxacin. Auxiliary components: magnesium stearate, purified water, microcrystalline cellulose, povidone, anhydrous colloidal silica, sodium karboksilmetilkrahmal.
Nolitsin is antimicrobial, belonging to the group of broad-spectrum fluoroquinolone.
It acts on the bacterial enzyme DNA gyrase, which is responsible for the stability and supercoiling DNA of bacteria. As a result of the destabilization of a DNA strand occurs destruction of the bacteria.
For drug sensitive: Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus aureus, Enterobacter spp., Hafhia alvei, Klebsiella spp., Neisseria gonorrhoeae, Campylobacter jejuni, Chlamydia spp., Legionella spp., Haemophilus influenzae, Proteus spp., Yersinia enterocolitica, Vibrio parahaemolyticus, Aeromonas spp ., Neisseria gonorrhoeae, Citrobacter spp., Neisseria meningitidis, Shigella spp., Vibrio cholerae, Escherichia coli, Plesiomonas spp., Salmonella spp.
The duration of antibacterial action nolitsin instructions for about 12 hours.
Nolitsin - indications for use
The indication for nolitsin diseases are infectious and inflammatory nature, caused by sensitive pathogens:
- chronic and acute diseases of the urinary tract infectious nature (cystitis, urethritis, pyelonephritis);
- uncomplicated gonorrhea;
- genital infections (chronic bacterial prostatitis, endometriosis, cervicitis);
- Bacterial gastroenteritis (shigellosis, salmonellosis).
It is also an indication for nolitsin is prevention:
- sepsis in patients with neutropenia;
- recurrence of urinary tract infections;
- diarrhea in travelers.
Dosing and dosing regimen nolitsin
According to the instructions nolitsin taken orally on an empty stomach (one hour before eating or two hours after a meal), drinking plenty of fluids.
The recommended dosage for nolitsin instructions is 400 mg twice daily. Duration of treatment - from one to two weeks. If necessary treatment extended.
In bacterial chronic prostatitis nolitsin shown at a dosage of 400 mg twice a day for one and a half months or more.
In uncomplicated gonorrhea nolitsin dosage according to the instructions of 800-1200 mg once daily or 400 mg twice daily for three to seven days.
Bacterial gastroenteritis (salmonellosis, shigellosis) Dosage instructions for nolitsin is 400 mg twice a day for five days.
If neutropenia for the prevention of sepsis nolitsin shown at a dosage of 400 mg twice a day for two months.
Travelers are recommended for the prevention of diarrhea such use nolitsin: the day before departure - 400 mg once a day, and during the entire trip, as well as two days after the end of 400 mg per day, but not more than 21 days.
In acute uncomplicated cystitis take 400 mg twice a day for three to five days.
As a preventive measure against recurrent uncomplicated urinary tract infections in the event of frequent exacerbations (n = 2 or 3 in six months - a year) taking 200 mg once a day at night. The duration of treatment varies from six months to several years.
Nolitsin - contra
According to the instructions nolitsin is contraindicated in:
- breastfeeding (lactation);
- deficiency of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase;
- the age of 18.
In the opinion of nolitsin, assign it should be used with caution in:
- hepatic or renal failure;
- epileptic syndromes;
- allergy to aspirin;
- the cerebral circulation.
Side effects nolitsin
Reviews nolitsin show that in most cases it is well tolerated by patients.
In the opinion of nolitsin can cause the following side effects:
- Cardiovascular system: decrease in blood pressure, tachycardia, vasculitis, arrhythmia.
- Nervous system: dizziness, fainting, headache, hallucinations, anxiety. In the opinion of nolitsin elderly patients may be: drowsiness, anxiety, depression, irritability, tinnitus.
- Digestive system: a bitter taste in the mouth, loss of appetite, vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, abdominal pain, increased liver transaminases. With prolonged use nolitsin possible pseudomembranous enterocolitis.
- Musculoskeletal system: tendinitis, arthralgia, tendon rupture.
- Urinary system: dysuria, urethral bleeding, glomerulonephritis, crystalluria, albuminuria, increased plasma urea and creatinine levels.
- Hematopoietic system: leukopenia, decreased hematocrit, eosinophilia.
- Allergic reactions: urticaria, pruritus, rash, edema, Stevens-Johnson syndrome (malignant exudative erythema).
- Also, in the opinion of the nolitsin, its use can cause candidiasis.
Overdose nolitsin Review causes such symptoms:
- vomiting, diarrhea, nausea;
- cold sweats, drowsiness, dizziness, puffy face without hemodynamic changes, seizures.
In case of overdose should be done and gastric lavage to conduct adequate hydration and symptomatic therapy with forced diuresis.
Application nolitsin during pregnancy and lactation
Safety of nolitsin lactation and pregnancy is not fully understood. The indication for nolitsin during pregnancy can only be vital situation where benefits to the mother outweigh the risks caused by the fetus.
It is impossible to combine the use of nolitsin and breastfeeding.
Conditions and terms of nolitsin
Nolitsin refers to the list of drugs B. Keep it should be in a cool dark place for no longer than five years.