Nifecard - a calcium channel blocker.
Release form and composition
Nifecard produced in the form of round biconvex tablets with controlled release, film-coated, from light tan to light brownish-orange tint.
One tablet contains active substance - Nifedipine 30 or 60 mg. Auxiliary components: sodium lauryl sulfate, povidone, hypromellose 2208, hypromellose-2906, hydrous sodium magnesium stearate, Ludipress ® (Crospovidone - 3, 5% povidone - 3, 5% lactose monohydrate - 93%).
Nifedipine has antianginal and hypotensive action. It is a selective blocker of the "slow" calcium channels. Use of the drug reduces the current of extracellular calcium into cardiomyocytes and smooth muscle cells of the peripheral and coronary arteries. Application Nifecard in high doses promotes the release of calcium ions from intracellular stores. Does not affect the recovery time, the activation and inactivation of operating channels, reducing their number.
Separates contraction and excitation processes in the myocardium mediated by troponin and tropomyosin, in vascular smooth muscle, mediated by calmodulin. It promotes normalization of transmembrane current of calcium ions, disturbed by some pathological conditions, including arterial hypertension. No effect on the tone of the veins. It improves blood flow to ischemic areas of the myocardium, increases coronary blood flow, activates the functioning of collaterals.
It reduces myocardial oxygen demand and the strength of heart contractions, improves infarction. Lowers blood pressure by expanding peripheral arteries, reducing the overall stress on the heart and peripheral condition. Almost no effect on atrioventricular and sinuauricular nodes.
Possesses anti-atherogenic properties, prevents platelet aggregation. It reduces pressure in the pulmonary artery and the positive effect on the blood supply to the brain vessels.
According to the instructions Nifecard appoint:
- in coronary heart disease: vasospastic angina, stable angina;
- with hypertension.
Dosing and dosing Nifecard
According to the instructions Nifecard taken orally without chewing. The dosage is prescribed individually.
The standard dose is one tablet (30 or 60 mg) once a day. Selection begin dosing with 30 mg per day, adjusted at intervals of one to two weeks.
The maximum daily dose is 90 mg Nifecard.
Contraindications Nifecard of instructions are:
- severe hypotension (blood pressure at less than 90 mm Hg);
- cardiogenic shock (the possibility of myocardial infarction), congestive heart failure decompensation, acute phase of myocardial infarction (first four weeks);
- hypersensitivity to the active and auxiliary components of the drug;
- severe stenosis of the aortic valve;
- pregnancy (first trimester) and lactation.
Precautions should be prescribed according to the instructions in the Nifecard:
- severe tachycardia;
- unstable angina;
- sick sinus syndrome;
- hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy;
- malignant hypertension;
- significant stenosis of the mitral valve or aortic;
- violation of kidney or liver disease;
- myocardial infarction with left ventricular failure;
- hemodialysis (possibility of hypotension);
Not established the efficacy and safety Nifecard reception at the age of 18 years.
Application Nifecard during pregnancy and lactation
Appoint Nifecard according to the instructions in the second and third trimesters of pregnancy should only be in the case of the balance of risks to the mother and fetus.
During the reception Nifecard should stop breast-feeding, as its active ingredient passes into breast milk.
Side effects Nifecard
The most common side effects include:
- Headache, weakness, fatigue, dizziness, drowsiness. Long-term use can cause Nifecard limb paresthesia, anxiety, depression, parkinsonian disorders.
- Tachycardia, excessive vasodilation, arrhythmia, palpitations, peripheral edema. Rarely may be severe drop in blood pressure, syncope, fainting, retrosternal pain.
- Dry mouth, indigestion, loss of appetite, gingival hyperplasia. Long-term use can cause Nifecard hepatic dysfunction.
- Thrombocytopenia, anemia, thrombocytopenic purpura, agranulocytosis asymptomatic, leukopenia.
- Exfoliative dermatitis, rash, pruritus, photodermatitis.
- Myalgia, joint swelling, seizures, limb, arthritis, arthralgia.
- Renal dysfunction, increase in daily urine.
- Cough, shortness of breath, gynecomastia, impaired vision, pulmonary edema, galactorrhea, hyperglycemia, bronchospasm, increase in body weight.
There were individual reviews of the occurrence of myocardial infarction and autoimmune hepatitis.
Storage conditions and shelf life Nifecard
The drug should be stored at temperatures up to 25 ° C for no longer than three years.